Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:49 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Dirge: Carnage in Crimson,2nd Edition available for preorder

Dirge: Carnage in Crimson, 2nd Edition is now available for preorder! More monsters, better components, and optional rules for 2 on 2 battles!

Along with Dirge, Small Box Games is pleased to announce 9 additional new and reprinted titles, including Robotico (the remake of the out of print Politico) Seii Taishogun, and Elemental Rift.

You can find out additional information about these games, read rules, or place a preorder here: http://www.smallboxgames.com/games.html

smallboxgames.com
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dirge: Temptation in Crimson...

I've wanted a copy of Dirge since the 1st edition. The game sounds like a blast, looks totally SWEET, and I've heard (from several sources) that it's really fun to play. It's like everything you could want in a perfect 2-player monster-combat game, including compact storage. ^_~

...However...

I swore off buying new 2-player games several years ago. I have SOOOOO MANY 2-player games that never get played, it's no longer even funny (to me, anyhow). I've got two 'gamer' sons, so I need 3-players as a minimum, and most of our game-nights morph into 6+ player affairs regularly. With 'Chess' (strategy), 'Triple-Triad' (theme), 'Brawl' (super-quick), 'Pokemon' (with kids), and 'Race for the Galaxy/PARADOX' (pure awesomeness), my other 2-player games never see the light of day around here...

I had to promise myself (and my wife ^_~ ) that I'd stop spending money on 2-player games, no matter HOW AWESOME they looked or HOW MUCH they screamed at me to buy them. ...Dirge is howling at the moon right now, but I just can't do it... ^_~

Thanks for the heads-up though, and for printing a 2nd edition for all those other bloodthirsty gamers out there. The new tiles look really slick, and the re-vamped monster cards look much more intuitive than the originals. Didn't you add 3 or 4 new monsters to this edition too? The 'optional' 2-on-2 rules were almost enough to sway me, but my wife is smart enough to realize it's still just a 2-player game... ^_~ Anyhow, I'm sure it'll fly off your shelves just as quickly as the 1st edition did, but unfortunately, it won't be landing at my house...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old June 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Re: Dirge: Carnage in Crimson,2nd Edition available for preo

Hey, thanks!

You're not alone about the two-player aspect. I'm sure the two player (or 4 player) requirements put some people off the buy list, as did the 3-4 player requirements of some of our other offerings available for preorder.

Some games just don't work with less than three players. Although, there are always fixes, such as the alternate two player rules for Robotico and Seii Taishogun.

I wish Dirge would accomodate 3 players, I really do. The game just seemed really clunky when it wasn't one side against the other (either 1v1 or 2v2). Ganging up is always on the table in combat games, and this one just doesn't hold up very well against it, since the mechanics were designed around one side protecting itself against the other, while trying to get at the other side's weak points, and vice versa.

smallboxgames.com
Old June 12th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The new games look great!
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Received my order today! Though the box had an opening, the games were unaffected. I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games