Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old June 19th, 2020, 06:17 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
To clarify @White Knight - would your breakdown treat men of Gondor in the 3rd age as Jandar or Vydar?
Probably Jandar. They were of mixed blood, and just stewards of the kingdom, but they were still mostly noble people.

This includes Prince Imrahil and the Swan knights of Dol Amroth.
Old June 19th, 2020, 09:15 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think Saruman as Vydar would be a good fit, he has that sort of feel to him. To quote wikipedia, "he serves as an example of technology and modernity being overthrown by forces more in tune with nature" and we all know amoral tech/modernity is Vydar. Also the qualities of self interest and greed feel like they are Vydar as much as Utgar.
"He is one of the few characters in Middle-earth who is morally "grey" - being neither a genuine servant of evil nor an agent of good. He ultimately trusts only his own counsel and schemes for his own ends." Vydar to a tee.

My ideas for the hobbits.
Merry - Einar
Pippin - Aquilla
Sam - Jandar
Frodo - Ullar/not sure

In general I also like White Knights idea.
Sauron - Utgar
Morgoth - Valkrill
Saruman - Vydar

I'd give ents and eagles to Aquilla, particularly the Eagles.
Dwarves are Einar, they are warriors who lust for gold.
Old June 19th, 2020, 10:48 PM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

I think that the official Heroscape figures have the Dwarves in Aquilla, so I think we should do the same.

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old June 19th, 2020, 11:18 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterScaper1 View Post
I think that the official Heroscape figures have the Dwarves in Aquilla, so I think we should do the same.
This was also my basis for having Dwarves in Aquilla.
Old June 19th, 2020, 11:35 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have no strong feelings against it, though if an individual hero ends up in another faction than aquila I am fine with that too. For instance, an argument might be made for Thorin or Gimli, but generals are probably the detail that I'm most flexible on
Old June 20th, 2020, 01:36 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I put the eagles in Jandar because the eagles served Manwe--and I sort of see him like Jandar.
Old June 20th, 2020, 03:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I could definitely see arguments for Dwarves following different generals on a case by case basis

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 20th, 2020, 08:02 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Manwe = Jandar is a good point forgot about that one
Old June 22nd, 2020, 11:05 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I don't think I saw anyone mention Haradrim. I'd probably put them in Einar or Utgar, depending on how you want them to synergize.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I don't think I saw anyone mention Haradrim. I'd probably put them in Einar or Utgar, depending on how you want them to synergize.
I had them under Utgar in my post on the division between Sauron/Utgar and Morgoth/Valkrill.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 02:49 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

With our second fellowship starting up we should discuss if there are any designs we should be grooming for a third. Presumably those already in a fellowship are busy enough to not feel left out, but I am curious if any of @infectedsloth @Son of Arathorn @boromir96 @Archie97 want to participate in the next fellowship. I am guessing the answer is "no" or "not soon." Ninja Status has already told me privately he mostly just wants to help with art.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 22nd, 2020, 10:57 PM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

To have a better understanding of what figures we are working on and what are their status, I think that we need to create a list and update it as we develop the figures. Because right now I am pretty loss of our progress.

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs