Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 16th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Rover

The Book of Rover

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 15
OTHERWORLDLY WARRIORS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the X-Men: Days of Future Past Alpha Class Sentinel Scenario set.
Its name is Alpha Class Sentinel (Defense Mode).

Character Bio - In a dark, possible future, the world lies in ruins beneath the paws of Beast, possessed by the sentient bacterium Sublime. Mutantkind and humankind both stand at the edge of extinction. In a last attempt to stave off death, Rover and his ally, Tom Skylark, join with the remaining X-Men to thwart Beast's plans. Though extensive damage prevents him from saying anything other than the word "Destroy!", Rover has long since surpassed the capabilities of his fellow early-model Sentinels and developed both a form of sentience and an unwavering loyalty to his friend Tom. Rover would be willing to give his life for Tom's, and the coming battle for the fate of the world may demand that of him.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Rover is a double-based figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:_________________________________________________________________

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Rover created by Grant Morrison and Marc Silvestri

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:10 PM. Reason: png
Old June 16th, 2016, 09:59 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Rover - Design Phase

NAME = ROVER

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 20

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 160

SENTINEL COMPANION
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human Hero or Unique Mutant Hero you control to be Rover's Companion. After revealing an Order Marker on the chosen Companion's card and instead of taking a turn with that figure, you may take an immediate turn with Rover, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. During this turn, Rover rolls 1 additional die when attacking a figure adjacent to his Companion.

DESTROY!
When Rover is adjacent to his Companion or a Mutant figure who would receive one or more wounds from an attack, Rover must receive those wounds instead. If he does, and the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Rover, the attacking figure receives one wound, even if Rover would be destroyed by those wounds.

CARRY
Before moving Rover, you may choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Rover. After you move Rover, place the chosen figure adjacent to Rover.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Change log:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by TrollBrute; October 20th, 2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old June 16th, 2016, 10:00 PM

Comic art:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

DESTROY! The surprising winner of the public contest, it's Rover! For those who don't know him (c'mon, he was in 4 whole issues!), he's a Sentinel from the future that no longer hunts Mutants and instead protects them. He and his owner/master/companion, Tom Skylark, join the future X-Men in the fight against a possessed, evil, Beast. Partially damaged, Rover can only say the word "destroy." There is also a similar character in the Marvel series Sentinel, and a version of Rover appeared in a couple episodes of the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.

This one's going old school in that it hasn't been workshopped much at all, and not for a long time. This is one of my oldest write-ups and it could use some work. I have some ideas of changes I want to make, but because this is the public vote winner, I thought I'd leave it open for suggestions at first. The only thing I'm set on is a power named DESTROY.

Beyond the design, there's also the question of miniature. Like the standard Sentinel designs, customs are highly encouraged but we'll need an official figure. My preference is for the Alpha Class Sentinel from the Heroclix Days of Future Past set (picture below), and I'll probably try to get my hands on one. However, availability seems low, are we okay with that as the official figure?

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by TrollBrute; October 19th, 2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old June 16th, 2016, 10:18 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I like the overall feel of the design thus far. I'm interested in what changes you're pondering.
Old June 16th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How's this?

Quote:
DESTROY!
Anytime an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Rover targets a non-adjacent Mutant you control for an attack, you may place Rover adjacent to the attacking figure and roll a number of unblockable attack dice equal to Rover's remaining Life. If the attacking figure is not destroyed, it must then attack Rover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 17th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

My only real concern, at first glance, is that his "master" Tom Skylark isn't a Mutant, and is thus unable to be (hypothetically) protected by DESTROY!. That being said, that sort of power could easily be on Skylark's card, as he doesn't really have much else to offer. So it's probably best to keep with the clear theme of "mutant hunter that now protects mutants."

The constant moving and blocking of attacks might get finnicky, but I dunno, so far is seems like a solid writeup to me. Curious to see what other ideas people may have.
Old June 17th, 2016, 01:52 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Do you want him to be carrying two figures when he moves to protect a mutant?
Old June 17th, 2016, 09:49 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Love the design, really looking forward to this one. For the powers, that basic ideas of the two you have I think is on the mark, though I like Q's take on Destroy! better. Also minor thing, you have it called Double Carry, but in the power text you refer to it as Sentinel Carry.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old June 17th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Beyond the design, there's also the question of miniature. Like the standard Sentinel designs, customs are highly encouraged but we'll need an official figure. My preference is for the Alpha Class Sentinel from the Heroclix Days of Future Past set (picture below), and I'll probably try to get my hands on one. However, availability seems low, are we okay with that as the official figure?

Spoiler Alert!
Given how easy it is to substitute in other Sentinel options, I think low availability should be okay.

I like quozl's direction on Destroy.

Like johnny says, any Skylark/Juston synergy could just be handled on their cards, but I like the idea of having a keyword power on Rover's card that could give Juston and Skylark something to key in on and base their synergy on.

I wouldn't spring for it with what's currently in the SP, but if we're doing a shorter version of Destroy, something like quozl's got, I could see a short first power that lets Rover pick a Human companion. Nothing fancy, just something to the tune of this:

Quote:
HUMAN COMPANION
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Human Hero you control to be Rover's Companion. Rover rolls an additional die when attacking a figure adjacent to his Companion with a normal attack.

DESTROY!
Anytime an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Rover targets Rover's Companion or a non-adjacent Mutant you control for an attack, you may place Rover adjacent to the attacking figure and roll a number of unblockable attack dice equal to Rover's remaining Life. If the attacking figure is not destroyed, it must then attack Rover.
Old June 17th, 2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
My only real concern, at first glance, is that his "master" Tom Skylark isn't a Mutant, and is thus unable to be (hypothetically) protected by DESTROY!. That being said, that sort of power could easily be on Skylark's card, as he doesn't really have much else to offer. So it's probably best to keep with the clear theme of "mutant hunter that now protects mutants."
I also highly doubt we'll ever do a Tom Skylark design, given that he doesn't have a mini, will probably never get one, and there's hardly any call for him to be designed. To keep things balanced, I'd prefer to stick to a faction (Mutants) and on the off chance Skylark is ever designed, we can put synergy with Rover on his card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Nope. Which is why I have the standard Carry wording here, which prevents him using the power outside of his normal movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Also minor thing, you have it called Double Carry, but in the power text you refer to it as Sentinel Carry.
Like I said, it's an old write-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Like johnny says, any Skylark/Juston synergy could just be handled on their cards, but I like the idea of having a keyword power on Rover's card that could give Juston and Skylark something to key in on and base their synergy on.

I wouldn't spring for it with what's currently in the SP, but if we're doing a shorter version of Destroy, something like quozl's got, I could see a short first power that lets Rover pick a Human companion.
So my thinking goes along with this as well. I've been thinking it would be best limited to a single figure. Borrowing an idea from you:
Quote:
MUTANT COMPANION
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Mutant Hero you control to be Rover's Companion. Rover rolls an additional die when attacking a figure adjacent to his Companion with a normal attack.

DESTROY!
If Rover's Companion is within 3 clear sight spaces of Rover and would receive one or more wounds from an attack, Rover must move adjacent to that figure, if possible, and receive those wounds instead. If
he does, and the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Rover, the attacking figure receives one wound. When Rover uses Destroy, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
We could always give Rover bonding with the chosen figure as well, if we wanted to tie them closer together. In that case, I'd probably drop the attack boost and make Destroy only trigger on adjacency.

Old June 17th, 2016, 12:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I also highly doubt we'll ever do a Tom Skylark design, given that he doesn't have a mini, will probably never get one, and there's hardly any call for him to be designed. To keep things balanced, I'd prefer to stick to a faction (Mutants) and on the off chance Skylark is ever designed, we can put synergy with Rover on his card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Nope. Which is why I have the standard Carry wording here, which prevents him using the power outside of his normal movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Also minor thing, you have it called Double Carry, but in the power text you refer to it as Sentinel Carry.
Like I said, it's an old write-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

I wouldn't spring for it with what's currently in the SP, but if we're doing a shorter version of Destroy, something like quozl's got, I could see a short first power that lets Rover pick a Human companion.
So my thinking goes along with this as well. I've been thinking it would be best limited to a single figure. Borrowing an idea from you:
Quote:
MUTANT COMPANION
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Mutant Hero you control to be Rover's Companion. Rover rolls an additional die when attacking a figure adjacent to his Companion with a normal attack.

DESTROY!
If Rover's Companion is within 3 clear sight spaces of Rover and would receive one or more wounds from an attack, Rover must move adjacent to that figure, if possible, and receive those wounds instead. If
he does, and the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Rover, the attacking figure receives one wound. When Rover uses Destroy, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
We could always give Rover bonding with the chosen figure as well, if we wanted to tie them closer together. In that case, I'd probably drop the attack boost and make Destroy only trigger on adjacency.
What about something like Hawkeye II power..

After revealing an Order Marker on this card, moving normally with Rover and placing the carried figures, instead of attacking with Rover, you may take a turn (or just an attack) with one carried figure.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 17th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
What about something like Hawkeye II power..

After revealing an Order Marker on this card, moving normally with Rover and placing the carried figures, instead of attacking with Rover, you may take a turn (or just and attack) with one carried figure.
That would give him too much value as an OM manager and wind up the centerpiece of the card. And it would be weird for Rover to be your tactician/leadership guy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library