Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 29th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Greater Ice Elemental

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Anytime an opponent's figure is moved into engagement with your GIE, Ice Spikes activate.
It really is just this simple. Yes, it is.
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:43 PM

LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Anytime an opponent's figure is moved into engagement with your GIE, Ice Spikes activate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking East View Post
I believe that in case #3 ice spikes is indeed triggered. Any time a unit becomes engaged with the GIE the special triggers.

Ooops, I appear to have been beaten to the punch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
It really is just this simple. Yes, it is.
My son will be happy to hear he won fair and square...thanks everyone!
Old December 30th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just got these and noticed (along with the Fen Hydra) that there's a number printed on the back of the base so I don't have to mark them. One's 93501 and the other 2 are 00051, which I wrote on their cards. Instant markage!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:27 AM

Jonny Jon is surprisingly tart

I'm looking at getting 2 boxes of glaun bog 2 get 2 squads of the greenscales to bond with the dragon I have. The only thing remotely holding me back from getting new stuff instead of getting them from auggies is this guy. I'm not impressed at all. The chain fighter looks like a nice bonus (especially for filler points) but this guy's best use seems to be helping the ice troll beserker heal (who I'm not getting cause I don't have any arrow gruts). Anybody have any better luck with this guy lately?

I gotta stop buying stuff that bonds, cause then I'm just in for double!

*having these guys stand in front of a mass of ranged would probably be their best tactic. I just imagine if I could have 5 arkmer's or 2 GIE's... I'd take the 5 arkmers I think.

The way to procure insults is to submit to them: a man meets with no more respect than he exacts. - William Hazlitt

Last edited by Jonny Jon; March 4th, 2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:58 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

I used two of them in Embattled Fen recently and they did quite well. I used them as clean up after my brother's range was all "shot" to pieces. Worked quite nicely.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd never really thought of using him to get the ice troll his bonus. Good point!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He's actually a pretty decent hero. Ice Spikes are kinda retarded but his heal ability is useful and his 6/4 stats are solid. Not sure I'd ever use two of them in an army, though...but that's pretty much the case with nearly all the UNcommon heroes....

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

I used two of them in that army because I wanted to try something new. It was a close match and it ended up with my brother having a 1 life grimnak and three heavy gruts left. A wiff was what did me in. I think if it wasn't for that wiff I very well might have won.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:48 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

I attacked and killed a Frost Giant of Mohr, and he rolled for dying swipe and got 2 skulls...enough to kill my GIE. My question is: Does the dying swipe take place before GIE's turn is over? BC if the cold healing takes place BEFORE dying swipe my GIE is still alive

Any ideas here?
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Off the top of my head, I'd say Dying Swipe is first. Bear with me with an example.

If Syvarris killed an adjacent figure such as Nilfheim with his first attack, the figure would be removed, allowing for a clear sight shot through the place previously occupied by the dragon, before he makes his next attack. This implies that all effects that occur when a figure is destroyed happen before the next atttack Syvarris would make, including Dying Swipe if he killed an adjacent Frost Giant. Thus, the Elf Archer could die before attacking a second time.

Now, I realize the GIE doesn't have a second attack, but for consistency, I would say Dying Swipe comes first.

In any case, you could have resolved it with a 20-sided die roll if there was a disagreement.

Old April 30th, 2011, 03:17 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Off the top of my head, I'd say Dying Swipe is first. Bear with me with an example.

If Syvarris killed an adjacent figure such as Nilfheim with his first attack, the figure would be removed, allowing for a clear sight shot through the place previously occupied by the dragon, before he makes his next attack. This implies that all effects that occur when a figure is destroyed happen before the next atttack Syvarris would make, including Dying Swipe if he killed an adjacent Frost Giant. Thus, the Elf Archer could die before attacking a second time.

Now, I realize the GIE doesn't have a second attack, but for consistency, I would say Dying Swipe comes first.

In any case, you could have resolved it with a 20-sided die roll if there was a disagreement.
Well I thought we should count dying swipe first too (unfortunately), but it was something I wanted to know for sure. The only thing that made me wonder was that since FGoM has dying swipe i didnt think it would automatically end a turn.

Such as syvarris, if he killed the FgoM and lived through dying swipe, he could then attack with his second attack. No reason he couldn't? So that's where the question came up is cause if syvarris still gets the second attack, his turns not over, so why would the GIE's turn be over?

In case I lost you, I am agreeing with you.
Thanks.
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dying Swipe would happen first. You are still resolving the attack of the GIE. Colding Healing takes place after taking your full turn.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units