Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Notices

Old February 4th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: NEW THEME - Contest Thread

NEW THEME!!!
"Triple-Play Frenzy"

You heard it! This is going to be our first ever 3-Player map building contest! Details to come shortly...but get those thinking caps on and start getting excited for this unique and fun contest that surely won't disappoint.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 4th, 2019, 10:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hm. I think you'll need to specify the rules of 3-player you intend us to build for. Probably kill-the-player-on-your-left?
Old February 5th, 2019, 12:37 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Hm. I think you'll need to specify the rules of 3-player you intend us to build for. Probably kill-the-player-on-your-left?
Do the rules need to be specified? There are a lot of ways to play 3-player games, and I feel that they're more dependent on the format you want to play than the map you want to use, since the maps are versatile in that regard. But it is something we're talking about internally, and if there's any input from the public on whether or not that's needed we'll welcome it.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 6th, 2019, 11:11 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Do the rules need to be specified? There are a lot of ways to play 3-player games, and I feel that they're more dependent on the format you want to play than the map you want to use, since the maps are versatile in that regard. But it is something we're talking about internally, and if there's any input from the public on whether or not that's needed we'll welcome it.
What about things like start zone sizes, glyph placement, and terrain limits?
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:02 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Talking Re: NEW THEME - Contest Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
What about things like start zone sizes, glyph placement, and terrain limits?
All these are still necessary. The format would still be up to the players.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:51 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

If Flash_19 is allowed to submit one of his existing 3-player maps, it's all over. If he submits a new one, I wouldn't bet against him either.

Old February 7th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

If Flash_19 is allowed to submit one of his existing 3-player maps, it's all over. If he submits a new one, I wouldn't bet against him either.

Lol. I'm flattered, but no - definitely not all over. I've seen some impressive three player maps in the community! Not to mention - I wasn't planning on submitting one of my maps anyway. I'm really excited to see what people come up with!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 24th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: NEW CONTEST - Triple Play Frenzy

Current Contest

We have listened and we are back with an intriguing proposition to all of the cartographers of Valhalla. Show us your best 3-way play. That's right. We are running a contest for 3 player maps. We’re calling on all map builders to come up with worthy maps to submit for review, scoring, and potential entry into the Triple-Play Frenzy contest.

The top 10 Triple-play maps will be chosen by the ARV judges and then a public vote will take place. The map with the greatest number of votes will receive fame, glory, and an awesome prize … A custom dice bowl designed by TREX!

Why are we doing this?
We want to create a repository for great 3-player maps. A quick place to go where heroscapers throughout the realm can find a quality map to conduct a fair truel.

Submissions accepted starting...
March 3, 2019

Submissions will be due...
March 31, 2019

Guidelines

General guidelines for all contests are specifically outlined in OP of the Welcome thread, with the following exceptions for this contest:

1. Submissions
Open for 4 weeks, allowing for 2 submissions from each cartographer. Submissions do NOT need to be new creations. Find your best 3-player map that fits the terrain requirements, fine tune it, play test it, tweak it, and then submit it.
2. Terrain
Master Sets. One of the following may be used as a master set:
Rise of the Valkyrie
Swarm of the Marro
D&D: Battle for the Underdark
Marvel: The Conflict Begins

Expansions: Up to 4 of the following may be used, but no more than 2 of any one expansion:
Road To The Forgotten Forest
Volcarren Wasteland
Thaelenk Tundra
Fortress of the Archkyrie
Ticalla Jungle

Hybrid Master Sets: One of the following may be used in place of 1 expansion:
Swarm of the Marro (Except when also used as a master set.)
D&D: Battle for the Underdark
Marvel: The Conflict Begins
3. Start Zones
Start zones can range from 18 to 24 hexes.
Scoring

ALL maps submitted will be reviewed and scored according to the following Rubric:

Aesthetics/Creativity (originality of build/looks good/playability): 10 pts
Balanced (doesn't favor one build over another and allows each army equal access to victory): 20 pts
Use of Terrain: 10 pts
Name and theme: 10 pts

Total: 50 pts

*Judges scoring the maps:
@Flash_19
@Sir Heroscape
@Nomad
@BiggaBullfrog
@TREX (emeritus)

*Each map will have a rubric filled out, one from each judge. All the scores will then be averaged for one final score for that map.

*At the end of the deadline, the top 10 maps will be chosen and posted. A PUBLIC POLL will then be opened for the community to vote on the best map out of the top 10. The map winner will be posted after the poll and the prize will be awarded.

*Maps can have a backstory included with your submission. Helping us to envision being there, and the story behind it, can tip things in favor when we complete our initial scoring. It can be as simple as a couple sentences or much longer.

Inclusion into ARV:

*Because 3-player maps are not typically used in tournaments, maps won't be given the distinction of "tournament worthy". Also, the evaluation process for determining the balance of maps that are submitted will be slightly different due to the uniqueness of 3-player maps. However, we are hoping to create a repository of quality 3-player maps that will still carry our recommendation for being balanced and well-designed. Quality 3-player maps that will be added to the ARV repository will require a MAJORITY approval vote from the active ARV judges.

*Many 3-player maps have varying start zones and have special scenarios attached. All start-zones must be 18-24 hexes for this contest. If you want to add a scenario in the description, that is fine. But, scenarios will not be considered in determining the quality of the 3-player map.

*Maps will be added to the 3-player ARV repository by a simple majority vote of the judges. Again, we are not evaluating maps on being tournament worthy. Rather, we are asking the question: Is this a good, fair, and worthwhile 3-player map?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; February 24th, 2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old February 24th, 2019, 09:46 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Prize pictures and details can be found here:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=257

Old February 24th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Kudos to you guys for using this project to flesh out an important, and underdeveloped, space for mapbuilders to work in.

I'm looking forward to seeing the nominees!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 24th, 2019, 10:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Hmm. I will have to see if something strikes me. This is a tough space, obviously.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 24th, 2019, 11:31 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Kudos to you guys for using this project to flesh out an important, and underdeveloped, space for mapbuilders to work in.

I'm looking forward to seeing the nominees!
I think in the future there can be tons of different types of contests for the community to enjoy, and enjoy the fruits thereater. Ill keep making the prizes if people keep contibuting in the contests. I love this game and community.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla