Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Notices

Old April 28th, 2016, 04:18 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Speaking of watching movies and TV, I just found out that there was a Man-Thing movie in 2005! Anyone seen it?
Old April 28th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I don't count episodes, so I couldn't say.

I watch Flash, AoS, Arrow, Blindspot. Blacklist, Supergirl, Grimm, iZombe, Chicago PD and Chicago Fire.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 28th, 2016, 05:22 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

HBO and Netflix have greatly changed what is expected for a shows run time/Episode Count, but their are still a decent amount out there doing the 22 episodes. However I will say many shows now try to split their seasons in half and have midseason finales. I'm not a huge fan of this as their are certainly filler episodes but if done properly it can make for a good cliffhanger/break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Flash season 2 seems to be hurting from forced into a 22 episode format. It think they could have wrapped up this seasons story lines much better had they stopped at 16 or 18 episodes. I've noticed a few filler episodes this season and they are really dragging out the final Zoom conclusion. AoS is working with a 22 episode season but they seemed to have broken it down into two 11 episode story arcs.

I'm still really enjoying the Flash, but I have to say each week I lose more and more interest in Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow. I'm currently 3 weeks behind on LoT and 2 weeks behind on Arrow and haven't really felt the need to watch them. Now that GoT is back who knows when I will catch up.
Old April 28th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think the first season of Flash had its share of filler as well, but the quality of the filler was stronger. They definitely have had some pacing issues with the Zoom story (and I didn't love the story beats in last week's episode; haven't caught up on this week's yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
What News did everyone snag up today? I got spidy 5 and Space Knights Venom.... I like it. and I got the last installment to Standoff.
I picked up the finale of Standoff (mostly out of curiosity, since they're launching the new Thunderbolts out of the event). Wasn't really impressed with it. Felt just like the end of every other big crossover. Nick Spencer's got a good sense of humor, so there were at least some fun character beats throughout. Still disappointed in the current version of Zemo (way too much of a two-dimensional villain), but I suppose I should get used to it, since Marvel's been treating him that way for the last few years now.

I also grabbed Secret Six 13, but I missed issue 12 when it came out, so I'm waiting until I can fill that gap to read 13.
Old April 28th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

30 issues into The Walking Dead.
Incredible.
Having watched the show it is like I know what is going to happen but not to who(whom?).

Really enjoying it but starting to get that same feeling I did when binge watching Daredevil in that I am dreading getting to the end.
I may have to take a break and come back later.
I could not imagine reading it month to month and having that long wait between issues.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 28th, 2016, 06:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've now bought and read the first 3 Walking Dead Compendiums (that brings me up to something like issue 144). Watched the TV show first, then bought the first two Compendiums a while back. It was a long wait for the 3rd Compendium to come out and I bought and read though it right away. I really enjoy the two different versions of the same story, it makes both continue to be interesting since they follow similar beats but the lyrics aren't always the same. The comic book version is the better of the two and it is surprising how little dialog their is in some stretches. Just really good story telling by showing us what is going on instead of telling us what is going on.
Old April 28th, 2016, 08:14 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I think the first season of Flash had its share of filler as well, but the quality of the filler was stronger. They definitely have had some pacing issues with the Zoom story (and I didn't love the story beats in last week's episode; haven't caught up on this week's yet).

Quote:
What News did everyone snag up today? I got spidy 5 and Space Knights Venom.... I like it. and I got the last installment to Standoff.
I picked up the finale of Standoff (mostly out of curiosity, since they're launching the new Thunderbolts out of the event). Wasn't really impressed with it. Felt just like the end of every other big crossover. Nick Spencer's got a good sense of humor, so there were at least some fun character beats throughout. Still disappointed in the current version of Zemo (way too much of a two-dimensional villain), but I suppose I should get used to it, since Marvel's been treating him that way for the last few years now.

I also grabbed Secret Six 13, but I missed issue 12 when it came out, so I'm waiting until I can fill that gap to read 13.
standoff spoilers
Spoiler Alert!

I'm dumb and got the whole checklist.

If issue 12 is at my shop would you like me to sang it? I also got the Spidey Run and I got the space knights Venom, because I had 1-5.

Old April 28th, 2016, 10:49 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Speaking of watching movies and TV, I just found out that there was a Man-Thing movie in 2005! Anyone seen it?
Yeah, its kind of a horror movie and is not super close to the comics, though I don't think it deviated too terribly. There was lots of nudity.
Old April 29th, 2016, 12:29 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
If issue 12 is at my shop would you like me to sang it? I also got the Spidey Run and I got the space knights Venom, because I had 1-5.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll look around for it myself. I've been meaning to go on a back issue hunt anyway, so I'll probably check out some other stores soon.

And yeah, Standoff really seemed like a stepping stone to set a few other plots in motion (return of Steve as Cap, allusions to Civil War, new Quasar, new (old) Thunderbolts, that thing you mentioned, etc.).

I'm not a big fan of Space Knight Venom, but I'm glad the book is working for you. I wasn't into it enough to buy it in floppies, but I probably will read it on Marvel Unlimited eventually. If you like Flash Thompson as Venom, I really recommend the previous volume of Venom (the first 22 issues especially, which are written by Rick Remender).
Old April 29th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Now that it's all said and done I'll double down - Standoff really could have been a Sam Wilson arc. The Avengers stuff is all either unrelated or filler, and the rest (save Quasar I guess) relates directly to stuff Sam, Steve, and Bucky will be doing.

The silver lining is that they clearly trust Spencer to write events, so this could all be prep for the future. I'd love to see him headlining the next big summer thing.
Old April 29th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Symbiotic

I'm a little surprised that Nick Spencer isn't writing the new Thunderbolts. He would have been my go-to pick for reviving the team. Seems right up his alley. Superior Foes was very Thunderbolt-heavy; three former T-Bolts in the main cast, plus one T-Bolt legacy character, plus Abe Jenkins as a recurring character, plus guest spots from Luke Cage, Zemo and Fixer. And Spencer was very aware of it; lots of nods to the characters' histories throughout the book. Ant-Man's got a different roster, but a similar focus, playing with a bunch of C-List villains.
Old April 29th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah. I really like how he writes Bucky, too - kind of like the Dick Grayson to Cap's Bruce Wayne. I'm sure Spencer's new Steve Rogers run will be solid, but it feels like Thunderbolts would be more suited to him... I would bet the revival and makeup was his idea, but he passed on the boon for whatever reason.

I mean, the new guy might hit a home run off of it, but I'm not really familiar with his work. Not enough to roll the dice on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape