Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old July 16th, 2018, 10:11 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I agree with Chas about Ant Man and the Wasp. It does everything well: action, humor, people, pacing. It didn't feel gimmicky, like Thor Ragnarok and Deadpool (though I liked both of those, too). It just worked in every way, and my wife thought it was great, too.

Saw it last night with the family...My wife thought it was great too...always a bonus.

We all enjoyed it. I still have my issues with the inconsistency of mass when things are shrunk but oh well...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 16th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh, absolutely. Ant Man goes way back, as a superhero (Wikipedia tells me 1962). I think he'd be a little less fantastic, or at least have a more sensible backstory (magic? arrival from another dimension?) to explain the effect, if he'd been more recent.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 16th, 2018, 12:52 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Oh, absolutely. Ant Man goes way back, as a superhero (Wikipedia tells me 1962). I think he'd be a little less fantastic, or at least have a more sensible backstory (magic? arrival from another dimension?) to explain the effect, if he'd been more recent.

Because I re-watched the first one Friday night before seeing the new one last night it was fresh in my mind...but in the first they very specifically mentioned that he had to be careful punching someone since the force is concentrated on a smaller area...As an engineer I know Force = mass x acceleration...and his acceleration isn't changing so to keep the same force he must keep the same mass...makes sense...except for when the ant can carry the full mass of a human and a human can carry the full mass of a tank on a key chain...

That is really the only issue I have with the whole thing. It was a very enjoyable movie.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 16th, 2018, 06:19 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Moon. Love the premise, and Sam Rockwell put on a good practically-one-man-show, but had a few issues with the plot. Enjoyable, but not quite all I'd heard it cracked up to be.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 16th, 2018, 09:00 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
There was a 2nd one, but it wasn't worth waiting for. Very short and not at all important in anyway. As for the first one.....

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 28th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mission Impossible: Fallout is just as good as MI:4 and MI:5 and the best action movie of the year thus far. I can't recommend these movies enough, as hard as it is to believe that the Mission Impossible sequel trilogy is the best movie trilogy since Lord of the Rings.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 18th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Watched a movie called Extinction on Netflix last weekend and enjoyed it. Michael Pena from Ant-Man was the lead actor and in a serious role, and Luke Cage's Mike Colter was in it as well.

Since I picked up the Blue-Ray of Infinity War on Tuesday, we watched it last night and loved it all over again. 3rd time seeing it, twice at the theater and once so far at home. The movie watching record goes to my 15 year old twin daughters, as they've seen Captain America Winter Soldier 18 times.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 19th, 2018, 08:51 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Picked up a bunch of movies for summer viewing, including some Hong Kong Cinema, which is my summer 'project,' being two books through three I just bought on the topic! They are:

Hong Kong Babylon: An Insider's Guide to the Hollywood of the East by Dannen and Long
City On Fire: Hong Kong Cinema by Stokes and Hoover
Planet Hong Kong: Popular Cinema and the Art of Entertainment by Bordwell

Re-watched an old cassette of Peking Opera Blues and got
Zu Warriors of the Mystic Mountain
Chinese Ghost Story
The Bride With White Hair

Updated my Marvel collection with:

Ant Man
Captain America Civil War
Doctor Strange
Thor Ragnarok
Black Panther

Also got DC's Justice League for 40% off at Barnes and Noble, and enjoyed it more a second time (B to B+?).

Happy end of summer everyone!

(Edit) Just picked up Infinity Wars too, which is already available! It sucks that they don't include the extras anymore on the non Blue Ray DVDs, though. But they can't make me buy the BRs. Fight The Power!

Last edited by chas; August 24th, 2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old August 24th, 2018, 10:59 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Linked Marvel Epic Scenes (Spoilers From Old Marvel Movies)

One of the fun things about watching old Marvel movies in order, is to check out the credit/postcredit scenes and how they link to the next flic! For example, after (the first) Ant Man, Falcon tells Cap "I know a guy." This scene actually re-appears during Captain American Civil War, when they recruit Scott Lang. And he has a line in the film "Hank Pym says 'You can never trust a Stark," which now resonates much better. One tends to forget some of the continuity by the time the next movie comes out.

In CACW, Cap sends Bucky to recover in Wakanda, which he is shown doing in the credit scene at the end of Black Panther. Cool!
Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:53 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Linked Marvel Epic Scenes (Spoilers From Old Marvel Movies)

One of the fun things about watching old Marvel movies in order, is to check out the credit/postcredit scenes and how they link to the next flic! For example, after (the first) Ant Man, Falcon tells Cap "I know a guy." This scene actually re-appears during Captain American Civil War, when they recruit Scott Lang. And he has a line in the film "Hank Pym says 'You can never trust a Stark," which now resonates much better. One tends to forget some of the continuity by the time the next movie comes out.

In CACW, Cap sends Bucky to recover in Wakanda, which he is shown doing in the credit scene at the end of Black Panther. Cool!
As someone who has watched every Marvel movie in theaters (save just one, maybe two) from the beginning with Iron Man, it truly is incredibly to see them all line up and link. Building anticipation is always something they've been good at.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 2nd, 2018, 01:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

How old were you when the first Iron Man came out?

We’ve seen a couple of light romances in the last two weeks: Crazy Rich Asians and Juliet Naked. Both very light. I enjoyed both well enough but I don’t understand the acclaim for CRA. It was fine, with a few soft spots in the storytelling. My wife and I enjoyed it but I think we were both disappointed, given the buzz.

Juliet Naked is a much, much better date movie. I like movies that touch meaningfully on subjects beyond the story, and there are a couple interesting angles to Juliet that are missing, as I saw it, from CRA.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 2nd, 2018, 01:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What I’ve heard from the Asian American community (which is fairly mixed on CRA as well) is that it’s not a great movie but having the representation of Asians in a mainstream movie to that level is big and feels important.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies