Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Aquilla's Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinchese View Post
What if return fire gave you a bonus on your turn. Something like, "after taking a turn with any figure you control, you may reveal the X order marker on Guran Demt. If you do so, immediately take a turn with Guran Demt. Guran Demt cannot move during this turn. This ability can only be used if Gurann Demt has received at least one wound this round."

That could probably be worded better, but I think the point still gets across.
This is a cool idea. I like it like this, tweaked slightly.

Return Fire

If Guran Demt receives at least one wound during an opponent's turn, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker. If you do so, after that opponent's turn, you may immediately take a turn with Guran Demt. During that turn, he may not move.

I also like this better thematically, because it lets Return Fire trigger on auto-wounds and special attacks and falling damage etc., but doesn't create weird corner cases by interrupting them.
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:57 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Updated Guran Demt card:

Availability, if anyone was wondering, is quite good on this guy, but most of the figures are at Altereality games, for only $0.69. Tharsok also has good availability, still 99 (or more) in stock at Paizo for $5.
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

I've been thinking about the Gatekeeper recently. People were originally confused about the guard class and how that worked. So I decided to work up an alternate version, with the Gatekeeper as a Shadow Assassin with Hide in Darkness and Shadow Assassin bonding. Thoughts?

Last edited by superfrog; June 10th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Gatekeeper Revisited

What are some other Shadow Assassins in the customs world?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
What are some other Shadow Assassins in the customs world?
None that I know of, although I'm contemplating this guy:

Old June 10th, 2013, 11:34 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Looks like an upped version of the Drow Chain Fighter. I have a feeling this is going to be a good one.
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I generally like common hero designs that try and create factions, and this design is no exception. Making them self-synergizing and bringing in Mika is neat. Mika helps the HID roll as well, by bringing shadow tiles.

What is the meaning of the name "Gatekeeper"? Being shadowy assassins of the dark, it seems to be a misnomer IMO.
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:15 AM
This is merely a joke.

Gatekeeper came from darkmage7a's original card, a 3-man common squad. You can find it either at Auggie's or in the SoV nominations thread (accepted for review, shot down for availability). I might change the name to reflect their new theme.
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Customs - Shadow Assassins!

In the meantime, here is a draft I whipped up of another Shadow Assassin Hero:

The idea of this unit is that it can either attack all adjacent figures or one figure up to 2 spaces away with his chain. I toyed with giving him Chain Grab or something similar, but I felt that this was simpler and thematic.
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:37 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

The idea of this unit is that it can either attack all adjacent figures or one figure up to 2 spaces away with his chain. I toyed with giving him Chain Grab or something similar, but I felt that this was simpler and thematic.
Cool!

Any reason for 3 defense rather than 4 like the Chainfighters?

I think his race is not human.

--
--
--

--
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Cool!

Any reason for 3 defense rather than 4 like the Chainfighters?

I think his race is not human.
I picked 3 because he's shirtless. Hardly the picture of endurance right there. The chainfighter has some sort of armor on. The Gatekeeper also has armor and 4 defense. So I thought it made sense for Gul Shadar to have 3 defense

And yes, that figure is not human. It's the same race as the Gatekeeper, Shadar-Kai. I might just invent a new Arctoran race to assign both of them too, but I thought he looked human enough to pass it off that way, and create a deeper thematic tie with Mika.
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:06 AM

Seeing as Mika is from a D&D world, I would go with a D&D race from the same D&D world or switch to an Arctoran race and let Shadow Assassin be enough of a tie.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards