Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old November 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Introducing new playing-card size cards

ArtsCow has another deal going for the holidays. 25% off all orders and free shipping! The coupon code is 25OFFALL.

I hope you come back grithog, so you can finish up the D&D waves.
Old December 30th, 2010, 09:40 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grithog View Post
...I noticed when looking at the design page on ArtsCow that the default zoom is signifcantly more than it was when I ordered cards last year. Now it looks like it gives just a sliver of the colored border by default rather than the 2-3mm border I intended. I had designed the cards at precisely the right size to fit their template without adjusting zoom. Please let me know how yours turn out and if you adjusted zoom.

Thanks again,
Eric
Eric,
my test deck of your designs arrived yesterday. I zoomed out three times on each card, per BoardGameGeek's ArtsCow printing tutorial instructions; it gives me a 3, 3+mm border. Perfect.

These cards are beautiful, the quality is so high they look like a professional CCG deck. I'm going to print out all of Eric's cards, sleeve them and add a bit of text under each picture for use as a Random Draft Deck. I don't care if I have to pay full price to do it.

Folks, you won't find better-looking cards anywhere else. They're well-worth the price, and I hope Eric returns to add Waves 12, 13 and Samuel Brown, because if I try it, it's going to look like garbage.
Old December 31st, 2010, 10:33 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I guess I never posted my experience. I bought three decks worth of cards and they turned out great. The borders are about 3 mm, as designed. But, I started my projects prior to the quirk that grithog mentioned about the Artscow zoom. So I don't know what it would do if I commenced a brand new project right now. I've got another project deck on hold that's about a third of the way filled up, just waiting for D2 and D3 so I can fill it the rest of the way and order it
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:30 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

It says nothing on the first page about buying them. How can you do that? These are teh best looking cards I've ever seen.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 1st, 2011, 03:20 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Sure it does:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grithog View Post
I started on this a couple years ago, and finally finished it, including Wave 9, minus Marvel. I'll upload jpegs later, but here are the links to ArtsCow where you can have them printed if you'd like. You do not have to do any zooming or repositioning of the images, just drag and drop. The albums are separated into the 2 Master Sets, plus the 9 Waves, Terrain sets, and promo figures.

http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=prah5di2
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=8qvsmfhx
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=ci67npg0
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=xyvu4qwg
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=rfleg17v
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=cazlolud
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=nllayxc4
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=wryjhicy
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=pu234bai
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=d8tc980p
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=j4su9qpj
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=ubi3n0ek
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=7p53mvqf

If you're unfamiliar with ArtsCow, check this thread on BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/395699

Please give feedback. I plan to do Marvel as well.
Old January 1st, 2011, 03:21 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

scapemage921, here is a post with all grithog's ArtsCow files to date.
Edit: double-ninja'd by Porkins! He links to post #1, while I link to post #41.

And Here is a BoardGameGeek tutorial about how to prepare and print decks for printing. One 54-card deck is about $10, shipping extra. You might want to wait for one of the frequent discount sales with free shipping. As it stands, there are enough cards here for 4+ decks.

Porkins, when I select and zoom out 3x on a card, the exterior edge of the card just barely comes into view in the outer edge of the bleed area, if that helps clarify things for you. Also, when printed, I get 3mm borders on the sides, 3-4mm borders on the top/bottom.

Last edited by UtahScott; January 1st, 2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

These are cool but I'd prefer if they were just downloadable so I could print them myself. Though I do like Artscow for the option of making cards, certainly something to look into for use with C3V.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:03 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think that Radaulfr Shieldcrusher has the images you can print on your own. Check his thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:46 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I know he does and so do others which is why I don't understand why not just make these downloadable as well?

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:31 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think these are very cool. Personally, I wouldn't have a use for the cards.

However, that doesn't stop these things from looking really good.

Great job!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I know he does and so do others which is why I don't understand why not just make these downloadable as well?
I've been thinking about making my cards available for ArtsCow printing. It would be a ton of work but it might be worth it for the cost savings and time savings.
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM

Artscow is having a sale on playing cards right now through 1/31/2011. The per deck price is $4.99 or $6.99 or $8.99 (I'm not sure which price applies) plus Free Shipping. The Coupon Code is MYOCARDS2011

I have a few more cards to print plus I need D2 and D3.

Grithog, please come back!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions