Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old December 20th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Title Advocacy Thread

We’re rebooting the thread with a nod to InfinityMax and DarkSpade for the origination of the thread and the codification of the necessary steps to take in pursuit of a title.

The reboot has become necessary due to title trolling. The admins try to look here for ideas about who might be worthy of a title and what that title might be. If you are posting in this thread more than once a week you probably aren’t helping us do that, you’re just spamming. Measures that may be taken against title trollers might include any and/or all of the following:

1) Losing an existing title
2) Gaining an undesireable title
3) Having your rep count reduced or turned negative
4) Having your avatar modified or changed
5) Having your signature modified or changed

If you see something exceptional and deserving – this is the place for it! If you feel you have earned a title, request it here! All the old rules still apply. Just make your presence here occasional and not daily (or hourly).

~Aldin, title granter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
The people have spoken, and they want titles. If this thread irritates mods, you can blame whichever of you made me the title lobbyist.

We have many signatures of people who want titles here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...hp?p=4524#5040

I think we have proven our dedication to witty titles - now we just need to provide the mods with some options, to put our moneys where our mouths are!

So no limit here - if you can think of a title for someone (including yourself), put it here. And remember the no flaming rules, so don't suggest 'assburger' for anyone's title. That's not very nice. But if it's funny, then that's OK. As long as the other guy thinks its funny. But you won't know that until you post it, right?

Edit Malechi
DarkSpade's Unofficial Rules for Attaining a Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade's Unofficial Rules for Attaining a Title
How to get a title:

Step 1: Don't EVER ask for a title.

Step 2: Say the right thing at the right time while the right site admin is in the right mood.

Step 3: If step 2 doesn't work, then say the wrong thing at the wrong time while the wrong admin is in the wrong mood

Step 4: If step 2 and 3 don't work, then say the wrong thing at the wrong time while the right admin is in the right mood.

Step 5: If steps 2-4 don't work, then say the right thing at the right time while the wrong admin is in the wrong mood.

step 6: If steps 2-5 don't work, then say the right thing at the wrong time while the right admin is in the wrong mood.

Step 7: If steps 2-6 don't work, then say the wrong thing at the right time while the wrong admin is is the right mood.

step 8: If steps 2-7 don't work, then say the right thing at the wrong time while the wrong admin is in the right mood.

Step 9: If steps 2-8 fail, try asking for a title.

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 20th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Title Advocacy Thread

Wow. ...It's all gone.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old December 20th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
... 4) Having your avatar modified or changed ...
I didn't know you were going to add this little rule that plays to my strengths!

Malechi ~Who suits up to go troll hunting.
You have been warned, now ... "Be wery, wery quite. I am huntin' trolls."

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow. I didn't realize how many posts I had in that thread until now... I'm down 40 posts!
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
Wow. I didn't realize how many posts I had in that thread until now... I'm down 40 posts!

I wonder how many posts Scotty has lost....

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Wow, admins can do that?

Never underestimate the power of an admin...

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:48 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Admins, I personally would like to thank you for burning down the tav- er, I mean the title advocacy thread. Second, I have a few questions about the reprecusions of 'Trolling.'

-Gaining an undesireable title
Are we talking "Wanted a title and got becoming a woman" here? Or something like "Is a horrible person"?

-Having your avatar modified or changed
How? What would a possible change be?

-Having your signature modified or changed
How? What could a possible change be?
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
Quote:
Wow, admins can do that?

Oh, yeah. Just ask Aldin. Long before he was promoted to Admin status he had the title of Official Greeter, he logged in one cold morning to find his Avatar looking like this ...

... And in case you're not sure, no I am not joking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Admins, I personally would like to thank you for burning down the tav- er, I mean the title advocacy thread. Second, I have a few questions about the reprecusions of 'Trolling.'

-Gaining an undesireable title
Are we talking "Wanted a title and got becoming a woman" here? Or something like "Is a horrible person"?

-Having your avatar modified or changed
How? What would a possible change be?

-Having your signature modified or changed
How? What could a possible change be?
I have a degree from Evil Genius University, the possibilities are endless ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old December 21st, 2008, 07:50 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Thank you, Aldin and Malechi and all.
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Seconded. Thank you admins!

[facetiously]I nominate Scotty for the title "Hey, where did all my posts go?"[/facetiously]
Old December 21st, 2008, 03:26 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
Quote:
Wow, admins can do that?

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.

Last edited by Richard; December 21st, 2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old December 21st, 2008, 05:09 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Hmm, now that this is finally clear, there are some titles that should have been assigned months ago.

spider_poison
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

lonewolf
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008 (he also got 2nd place in the main event, but eventually you'll run out of space)

Kahrma
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008 (won both events at GC this year)

fallensoldier, southwest ninja
GenCon 2008 Championship Semifinalists

gamjuven, MechaFrog, killercactus, Hendal
GenCon Championship Elite 8

Weesel, scaper dude, matrixrenegade, ManTrainChooChoo, Brownsfan82, Eirikr
GenCon Championship Top 16 (Although Kahrma and MattserTruckRally are on this list, they might want to keep their other titles, same goes for matrixrenegade, since he won HoB last year)

Wind Lane
GenCon Marvel Power of One Champ (he was the Thanosiest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; December 21st, 2008 at 05:27 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online