Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
The Book of Arktos

The Book of Arktos

C3V Wave 4 - Aquilla's Answer - Heroes of Darkspire Pass

Printer-Friendly PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Confrontation figure from the Wolfen set. It is available in the Confrontation Starter Set. The name of the figure is Serethis.

Character Bio: The hunt has begun. Arktos is the ultimate hunter, throwing his great spear with incredible range and accuracy. Nearby hunters are inspired by his fearsome skills, their own aim becoming more deadly with his example. It is said that Arktos’s teachings survive beyond his death, increasing the aim of his closest students tremendously.

Like all Varkaanans, Arktos is a member of the Wolf Pack. And, with his leadership skills, the Varkaanan squads strike much harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special powers
HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
All friendly Hunters adjacent to Arktos receive an additional attack die.

HUNTER'S AIM SPIRIT
When Arktos is destroyed, place this figure on any Unique Army Card with a Range number of 4 or more. Arktos's Spirit adds 2 to the Range number of that card.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • TBA.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Offered
Synergy Benefits Received_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Ranking & Master Index- TBA

Unit Strategy Review- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; May 27th, 2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:29 AM

Rudiger is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Arktos

is it just me or does clicking on the card not work?
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
Same for me. But try the PDF link underneath the picture.
Old August 26th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
Yes, A-v included the smaller, "index" picture rather than the larger, "original" picture. He should probably fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

All fixed now, thanks guys.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Why did you guys make him 95 points instead of 90? He does not fit into the Wolf Army as a result. The only other wolf that ends with a 5 is Khosumet. Since he is from a different faction (Utgar) and provides no synergy benefits (none of the new wolf cards are Relentless) their is no point in pairing the two of them together. That extra 5 points ruins what would otherwise be a great looking themed army.

Swiftfangs/Blade Dancers 80
Quickblades 100
Greyspears/Manauvi 110
Darkclaws/Bahadur 120
Arktos 95.......505?

I was hoping to try these guys out at an upcoming tourney but they are 5 points too many.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Why did you guys make him 95 points instead of 90? He does not fit into the Wolf Army as a result. The only other wolf that ends with a 5 is Khosumet. Since he is from a different faction (Utgar) and provides no synergy benefits (none of the new wolf cards are Relentless) their is no point in pairing the two of them together. That extra 5 points ruins what would otherwise be a great looking themed army.

Swiftfangs/Blade Dancers 80
Quickblades 100
Greyspears/Manauvi 110
Darkclaws/Bahadur 120
Arktos 95.......505?

I was hoping to try these guys out at an upcoming tourney but they are 5 points too many.
You have to make decisions about which ones to include.

He is over 90 points because he is very good--he has one of the strongest ranged attacks in the game, and can boost other ranged units once he dies. His Attack boost is also very, very potent since most/all of the other wolves are Hunters.

So, they are not "5 points too many;" that particular build is 5 points too many. Try another one. For instance:

Swiftfangs 80
Quickblades 100
Greyspears 110
Manauvi 110
Arktos 95
is a solid Varks build.

--

Also, many events have moved away from always playing 500 points.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Now you are 5 points short though. I know I have the Darkclaws already so the 120 point squad need to be in any army I try to run.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

For 500, 2x Deathreavers or Raelin is a good option to fill out the rest of your points. Raelin greatly enhances their survivability, but can often be a tether for them because of their fast move.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Now you are 5 points short though. I know I have the Darkclaws already so the 120 point squad need to be in any army I try to run.
So? What's 5 points? Half of Otonashi... Not like you're missing out on a lot, there.

If you want to use the Darkclaws:

120 Darkclaws
110 Greyspears
100 Quickblades
80 Swiftfangs
80 Raelin
10 Isamu
500 points

120 Darkclaws
110 Greyspears
100 Quickblades
80 Swiftfangs
90 Heirloom
500 points

120 Darkclaws
110 Greyspears
100 Quickblades
120/110 Bahadur/Manauvi + 50/60 points filler
500 points

120 Darkclaws
110 Greyspears
100 Quickblades
95 Arktos
75 James Murphy
500 points

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Archie

I never understood the need for some people to spend every last point.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
So? What's 5 points? Half of Otonashi... Not like you're missing out on a lot, there.

If you want to use the Darkclaws:

120 Darkclaws
110 Greyspears
100 Quickblades
80 Swiftfangs
80 Raelin
10 Isamu
500 points

120 Darkclaws
110 Greyspears
100 Quickblades
80 Swiftfangs
90 Heirloom
500 points

120 Darkclaws
110 Greyspears
100 Quickblades
120/110 Bahadur/Manauvi + 50/60 points filler
500 points

120 Darkclaws
110 Greyspears
100 Quickblades
95 Arktos
75 James Murphy
500 points
I don't get it. If you have Arktos and the Darkclaws, you have all the rest of the Varks. So the Darkclaws don't have to be in your army. If you insist that they be, that's another issue.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs