Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:16 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon -- Finalization Thread

We could also do this, we could come up with a special background for the dual pokemon. Swamp for all the water ground pokemon, the Tower of Terror for all ghost poison (because it's only ghastly's line)
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

So we have two options for Pokemon picture background:

1) Have a common background for each type and each dual type.

2) Have unique backgrounds for each Pokemon.

Last edited by White Knight; July 23rd, 2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Added dual types
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
So we have two options for Pokemon picture background:

1) Have a common background for each type.

2) Have unique backgrounds for each Pokemon.
Yeah...I'd also add the detail that even every dual type combination can have their unique background as well.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:59 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

More Charmander picture background options

I grabbed some screenshots from Volcano Panic (Episode 59) and did some photoshopping.

Charmander Fire 1

Charmander Fire 2

Charmander Fire 3

Charmander Fire 4

Charmander Fire 5

Charmander Fire 6
Old July 23rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

I grabbed some screenshots from Volcano Panic (Episode 59) and did some photoshopping.

-snippy-

Charmander Fire 4

-snippy-
I like this one best, personally. Simple non-distracting background that gives a heat effect good for fire types. Also has Charmander standing on something. As for the question of background for the text box, I like the one in this pic as well.

As far as the bulbapedia-only pictures go, I agree that we shouldn't limit ourselves to one source. The CCG is another good source, as mentioned, but I also think we should be careful with them, as some of the pictures IMO are just too flashy for a stat card. However, some pictures definitely should be taken from the cards (the original Charizard card comes to mind).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:

-snippy-

Charmander Fire 4

-snippy-
I like this one best, personally. Simple non-distracting background that gives a heat effect good for fire types. Also has Charmander standing on something. As for the question of background for the text box, I like the one in this pic as well.

As far as the bulbapedia-only pictures go, I agree that we shouldn't limit ourselves to one source. The CCG is another good source, as mentioned, but I also think we should be careful with them, as some of the pictures IMO are just too flashy for a stat card. However, some pictures definitely should be taken from the cards (the original Charizard card comes to mind).
I agree with you. I think this one is one of the better ones. I don't mind going with the pictures from the TCG as well. As long as they aren't too goofy or out of place.
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:07 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

/\

What Kroz said. Number 4 gets my vote.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:48 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Agreed. Number 4 is best. I would maybe try to make the ground a little darker. It seems too light compared to the fire in the background. Other than that looks great and I am looking forward to see what other type backgrounds we come up with.

Old July 24th, 2010, 09:29 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Like the TCG pic #1 best, but #4 is good too.
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

As White Knight has been working on the details of the template, I've been working on getting our Pokemon into MSE. Thanks to Bmaczero for providing a tutorial and answering all my questions. Here are some samples of what I've got so far. Still some tweaks needed.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:08 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Looks incredible Mac. You'll need to add a space for the BA across from the No Effect in W/R/I and I think I'd like a slash (/) instead of a dash(-) at the top, but otherwise, great work.
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mac122 again.
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Looks incredible Mac. You'll need to add a space for the BA across from the No Effect in W/R/I and I think I'd like a slash (/) instead of a dash(-) at the top, but otherwise, great work.
The slash won't be a problem. I wasn't sure if the BA by No Effect had been decided. It should fit. If the space is too tight, we'll either have to shrink the symbols a bit or possibly change to No Effect to NE.

Edit: From a consistency standpoint, if the base attack symbol ends up by No Effect, it may be best to change WEAK, RESIST, and NO EFFECT, to W, R, and NE to match the BA.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum