Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 24th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Biology of a World: Feylund

This one is so flippin long its crazy.

Valhalla- http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21776

Feylund

Feylund is the land of forest, coverd it almost completly by the dense growth of pine trees. But the forest is a dangerous place of creatures that hunt for blood or for protection, and a location of a great war.

Located within the forests of Feylund are the main race of the world, the elegant but fierce elves, who range from archers to wizards that form bands to better protect themselves. The archers that are higly famed are the Aubrin archers, who passed a test issued by the queen of the forest, in which only 10% of the participants pass. The archers are also famous for their leader and most elite, Syvarris. He is the best archer that the elves have ever manged to train.
The elves are also trained to be Warriors of Ashra, an elite group of female warriors that live to hunt and are agile in close combat and fight to the death. The warriors specifically come from the city of Ashra at in the Waylan woods at the base of mount of Llomvar.
The wizards of the forest are higly powered and use powers that are higly powerful, enough to remove foes with ease. One of these wizards is Morsbane, a wizard that focuses on removing the powers of his foes allowing his allies to kill them easier. He comes from a long line of Banishers, a special wizard, who use his wand, the Rod of Negation, to disable and possibly kill foes.
Another elf wizard that populates the land is Arkmer, a wizard that uses his Staff of Lerkintin to benefit from his nearby elf allies. With his staff he lets his energy course through his veins and supply it to his allies.
The pair of father and daughter and elf wizards that live within the land are Chardris and Jorhdawn. They use the power of fire that they can boost from their nearby friendly elf allies to rain infernos upon their enemies. But their power is also a curse as it is a trouble to control.
Emiroon is an elven wizard that uses his staff to control his elven wizard allies position by moving them with a great ease.
The wizard Acolarh carries a banner made from the Waylan trees over centuries and is granted magical powers that save his allies from gruesome ends.
Kyntela Gwyn is a frail elf wizard of amazing beauty that uses the power that she was born with gifted from the oak trees that surrounded her home, and she can protect her fellow elves with an aura that protects them like they were covered in oak bark.
Ulginesh is the eldest and the leader of the wizards. He rides a pegasus into battle and can use his staff to connect to the minds of his fellow elven wizards and lead them through the battle. He is an invaluable piece of the functioning force of elven wizards.
Not a wizard is he considered by many, but Sonlen is and elven archmage that uses his pet magical dragon to attack or heal his friends. He was famous in his battles in Nastraland so was sent on a scouting mission into the Ticalla Jungle.

The elves are the most prominet race that teems through Feylund, but do have enemies that roam the land. One of their greatest enemies that they have come to face are the Wolves.
The Anubian wolves are large wolves evolved to 2 feet and can rip a person to pieces when they are stoked into their vile fury which can be aided by their leader and darklord, Khosumet. Khosumet once joined forces with Marhana, an elven Banisher to remove Sudema from her power in Feylund. The wolves are also boosted by the brutes of Dumutef Guards. They are Faintooth, and are highly prized by Utgar for their power they gain on roads. And the Wolves of Badru give fear to their enemies as they pounce from a distance to kill a foe or die trying.
The Undead that reside in Valhalla are the scariest foes that walked the world, more so then the wolves. Sudema was once a proud warrior who was mortally wounded by Marhana and Khosumet, and wishes only to get revenge on the son of Marhana, Morsbane, with her deadly stare that turns the strongest creatures to stone. The zombies that reside on this world, the Zombies of Morindan, are endlessly making their ranks. Created by and evil incantation by a shaman, they roam endlessly killing people and bringing those they kill up to join their ranks. But the vampires of Valhalla are what beats all creatures that roam. The Esenwein family. Cyprien is th ehead of the family and the vilest form of evil to roam the universe, close to Utgar himself. He controls endless ranks of undead zombies and skeletons, but prefers his skeleton calvary. Cyprien has begun his drink from the wellsprings and has visions of an undead horde that stretches for miles. His wife Sonya, is his loyal subject who loves her husband so much that she will do anything for him, and can almost not live without him by her side. Iskra is a relative of Cyprien and Sonya, and his a deadly blade master that uses her power to summon the Rechets of Bogdan to serve her. The Rechets are a race that has live in Feylund for several centuries. They had to make a pact to serve the Esenwein because they had to escape the elves that hunted them for revenge for the forest destruction. Marcu, Cypriens brother, was summoned to Valhalla as his brother cursed him and he did not show up a clean vampire but a horror of exposed flesh and bones and endless fury that he can't command armies because all he can do is squeal and grunt. He. has episodes of fury that cause him to kill anything in sight, even allies.

Among the races that live on Feylund live the beasts of enormus size, and crush enemies with their hand like the small soldiers crush grapes with two fingers. One of these is Jotun, a large giant that was summoned to Valhalla as he was about to be killed by the barbarian tribe that had manage to seize him. He can throw people and can swing wildly to hit many foes at once. Another one of these beasts is Brunak, who is a Trolticor. He was raised in the burning plains of Wolflin, and is resistant to extreme heat. He is also strong enough to carry allies. Dund is a doggin that resides on the from Nullondia. He is a renound tracker not because of his amazing skill but his ability to paralyze foes in fear with just a stare. Theracus is a Gryphillian that helps to transport allies and works with the elves to carry them on individual missions. Gurei-Oni is a mighty cyclops that uses his eye to protect himself from ranged attacks. He can also leaves foes useless with it. And the final beast that had been marked to reside in Valhalla is Krug, a troll who has an ugly disposition and a cruel sword formed by the armor of his slain foes, Skelblade. He rends men apart into brutal swings, one a cut and the other a back hand.

Units for Feylund: (Endless)

- Syvarris
- Sonlen
- Anubian Wolves
- Khosumet the Darklord
- Krug
- Aubrien Archers
- Sudema
- Morsbane
- Warriors of Ashra
- Zombies of Morindan
- Retchets of Bogdan
- Sonya Esenwein
- Cyprien Esenwein
- Iskra Esenwein
- Marcu Esenwein
- Kyntela Gwyn
- Chardris
- Wolves of Badru
- Jorhdawn
- Emiroon
- Arkmer
- Ulginesh
- Acolarh
- Brunak
- Gurei-Oni
- Jotun
- Theracus

My Critisim: Feylund is a massive world, and I love the elves. The world is near perfect. Except for one thing. Feylund is to much a melting pot for random races because they look cool and will intice buyers. It is too much of what Valhalla should be.

Thanks for Reading!

Next Week, Marr!

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Last edited by GromBloodboy; October 24th, 2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker
Re: Biology of a World: Feylund

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
Feylund is to much a melting pot for random races because they look cool and will intice buyers. It is too much of what Valhalla should be.
No, it's a world filled with creatures inspired by mythology and fairy tales. Hence the name "Feylund".

A bit of advice--if you're going to be doing these, you should probably look at the actual themes presented. All the worlds in Heroscape can be summarized in a few lines, and between this and the last one you did, I think you are missing the main points.
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It is filled by what fairy tale creatures, but if you read what it says about Valhalla "Land of a million worlds. A gathering of many cultures, brought here to do battle for the fate of the wellsprings and their Valkryie Generals."

A million worlds is not what it appears to be, because I think that we just jam too much stuff into one world. This is just my opinion and I write this stuff based on the bios and my opinion.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:36 AM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
Feylund
Not a wizard is he considered by many, but Sonlen is and elven archmage that uses his pet magical dragon to attack or heal his friends.
So he attacks his friends then heals them. Sounds like a new twisted strategy.

Last edited by Dualahorn; October 25th, 2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:52 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Look at earth, we have over 10,000 kinds of bugs, JUST BUGS! What you listed only sums up to 8 different species.

More than half the guys you posted are elves. All the undead in my opinion fall under the "undead" category. And wolves are wolves; comapre humans and chimpanzees to Badru and Anubian if you think they are so different.

Really all you listed was:

-Elves
-Undead
-Wolves
-Trolls (Krug)
-Ogres (Gurei-Oni)
-Trolticor (Brunak)
-Giants (Jotun)
-Gryphillin (Theracus)

Total: 8

EDIT: My original message was quite rude; after reading it an hour later I realized that it was very uncalled for and not something I would have normally written. I'd just like to apologize.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Last edited by GreenLanturn; October 25th, 2008 at 02:47 AM. Reason: I forgot wolves in my list.
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

You put quite a bit of work into this, that, I can tell. There is one line that I read of which I do not think flows or implies quite what you are looking for.

"The elves are also trained to be Warriors of Ashra, an elite group of female warriors that live to hunt and are agile in close combat and fight to the death."

Say it out loud a few times. It doesn't sound quite right. Disregarding the fact that it implies that male elves can be trained to become women (whether or not that's the case) it also implies that the WoA are the only warriors amongst the elves. You might want to edit it a bit.

I don't mean to be a harsh critic; I'm here to help.

EDIT: I do agree with your criticism of the world itself. While I find it alright for the undead, elves and wolves to be the sentient life, some of the monsters could have been spread around. I particularly feel that 'Oni should have been from Grut. Come on, he's practically a giant orc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Last edited by guido; October 25th, 2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:52 AM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
EDIT: I do agree with your criticism of the world itself. While I find it alright for the undead, elves and wolves to be the sentient life, some of the monsters could have been spread around. I particularly feel that 'Oni should have been from Grut. Come on, he's practically a giant orc!
Again, it's the theme of creatures from Earth folklore. We've got European, Egyptian, Japanese, etc. folklore creatures living and breathing in Feylund. That's kind of the whole point of it.

Grut, Marr, Alpha Prime, and Isadora have more recent influences.
Old October 25th, 2008, 09:25 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Again, it's the theme of creatures from Earth folklore. We've got European, Egyptian, Japanese, etc. folklore creatures living and breathing in Feylund. That's kind of the whole point of it.

Grut, Marr, Alpha Prime, and Isadora have more recent influences.
Dragons aren't from Feylund (save Sonlen's), but are a part of Earth folklore, and I don't recall anything about Doggins until the invention of Dund. I accept that Feylund will have quite a bit of Fey type creatures, but once in a while I'd like to see the fauna of the other worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion