Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 28th, 2017, 10:50 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Thanks @Tornado ! Those look perfect. And only $1.99 for 9 barrels! I was already planning a trip to Hobby Lobby for some brush soap. These are going on the shopping list.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; May 28th, 2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old May 28th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Thanks @Tornado ! Those look perfect. And only $1.99 for 9 barrels! I was already planning a trip to Hobby Lobby for some brush soap. These are going on the shopping list.
Thanks @Tornado , I'll be picking up some on my next trip to Hobby Lobby

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 28th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Check out the resin walls in the fairy garden section!
Old May 28th, 2017, 12:18 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Check out the resin walls in the fairy garden section!
I'll certainly look for them. What section of the store would they be found in?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 28th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

At mine, it is next to the floral section.

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Wow! Another great find @Tornado

Thanks!

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Finished up some more figures for Frostgrave. I went with a brighter pallette for the 2 soldiers. One is an Apothecary that I kit bashed. He has a healing potion in his hand next to his chest. It's not the best, but I had carved it out of a piece of sprue. It works for me. The other guy is an Infantryman with a big fancy sword The highlights don't show up so well because of being washed out by the light, but they are there.
The other figure is my second Ghoul to be done. Had him built anyway, and I like the cleaver.
Finally, my 7th homemade treasure token. Took a piece of zombie remains from the Undead kit I had, and added a sack and backpack from the soldiers kit.

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Hobby Lobby?
Yeah. Thats where you can get the barrels. The barrels also have a little flocking and a touch of spanish moss. They are accented with chunks of insulation foam pebbles and sand all glued on. Also bits of popsicle stick broken and put on there. The bases really turned out. That stuff ismy composite cardboard that I cut with the scroll saw and made the cracks indented with my woodburner chisel bit. Glad you guys like this stuff. Im just getting started. I have another one of those castles that im going to do up differently. Ill post a side by side so you guys can tell how much work went into it. Good luck on finding the old fisher price stuff. Ive had all these sets since I was about 8 years old. Ill also be converting a fp pirate island and a fp sherwood forest. I have a dozen other things in the works also. Do yourselves a favor and check out DM Craft on youtube by dm scotty. Hes got hundreds of awesome cheap tutorials.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 28th, 2017, 01:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Way sweet hahma. I taught my one niece thats 14 how to do some painting yesterday. I was telling her about frostgrave and she painted up a pegasus riding figure that ill mod with greenstuff to make into her wizard. She painted the pegasus black with admiral blue drybrush and then painted the mane and tail up like blue fire. She has a knack for art and I have been teaching her more and more. Ill post pics. I may knock out a few more builds today. I really want to build my arcanium idea.

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Hobby Lobby?
Yeah. Thats where you can get the barrels. The barrels also have a little flocking and a touch of spanish moss. They are accented with chunks of insulation foam pebbles and sand all glued on. Also bits of popsicle stick broken and put on there. The bases really turned out. That stuff ismy composite cardboard that I cut with the scroll saw and made the cracks indented with my woodburner chisel bit. Glad you guys like this stuff. Im just getting started. I have another one of those castles that im going to do up differently. Ill post a side by side so you guys can tell how much work went into it. Good luck on finding the old fisher price stuff. Ive had all these sets since I was about 8 years old. Ill also be converting a fp pirate island and a fp sherwood forest. I have a dozen other things in the works also. Do yourselves a favor and check out DM Craft on youtube by dm scotty. Hes got hundreds of awesome cheap tutorials.
Your barrel pieces look great! I'm stealing that idea

I have been checking out DM Scotty a little bit lately, as well as this other guy, the Terrain Tutor I believe, from England as well. DM Scotty seems to be more about the real cheap and easy crafts. In fact, the last ones I saw were making dungeon pathways and archways. He's a magician with cardboard and a hot glue gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Way sweet hahma. I taught my one niece thats 14 how to do some painting yesterday. I was telling her about frostgrave and she painted up a pegasus riding figure that ill mod with greenstuff to make into her wizard. She painted the pegasus black with admiral blue drybrush and then painted the mane and tail up like blue fire. She has a knack for art and I have been teaching her more and more. Ill post pics. I may knock out a few more builds today. I really want to build my arcanium idea.
That's cool that you are doing that. I used to build models and got started painting some minis back when I was about 12 or so, though stopped by the end of high school when I went into the Marines for 4 years and life took me in another direction from hobbying for awhile. Picked up painting again hardcore almost a year ago and haven't looked back. Keep trying new things and looking to learn and improve. So hopefully your niece will get into it and enjoy the hobby, I have seen a lot of great female painters in the industry on videos and at Adepticon.

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:46 PM
"like" happy

The barrels are painted black. Then a thicker drybrush a medium brown on. Then a lighter drybrush of tan. Dark silver around for the metal pieces. I used hot glue to stack them and glue to base. I still have a couple more bags of barrels to use for later.

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:48 PM
"like" happy

I use dm scottys ideas but use more durable materials. I like his ideas but want my stuff to last longer. Though. Folks on a tighter budget can make tons of cool stuff for cheap and it still holds up plenty good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures