Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 30th, 2013, 07:12 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Solomon Kane

The Book of Solomon Kane

C3G DARK HORSE WAVE 24
THEY CAME FROM BEYOND!

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a repainted Confrontation figure from the Griffins set. It is available in the Demon Hunters Unit Box (6 figures).
The name of the figure is Demon Hunter.

Character Bio - Famous for his quest to rid the world of evil in all its forms, Solomon Kane vanquishes evil not only to protect the world but atone for his past misdeeds. He is often depicted as a stern pale man in his forties. Being an Elizabethan puritan he looks upon all magic as being of devious origin and a phenomenon he has to fight by all means. This fight also allows him to quench his inner rage and unleash his berzerker like temper onto beings he shall feel no regrets for exterminating. (ComicVine)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Exactly how does Master Swordplay work with multiple adjacent opponent figures that are at standing on varying levels of height in relation to Solomon Kane?
  • A: The first attack "locks in" a number of attack dice to roll, and every subsequent attack after that is based on the initial roll. Lets do an example: If Solomon Kane (with 3 Attack) had height advantage on the first target, he would be able to use Master Swordplay for a maximum of 4 attacks (using 4,3,2,1 dice), regardless of who he attacked after the first attack. This is assuming that he rolled at least 1 skull on each previous attack.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Human, Solomon Kane has these Human Synergies.
  • As a Fanatical Human, Torquemada allows Solomon Kane to receive an automatic skull against adjacent non-Human figures with his Pure Vigilance! special power and his My Terminators Are Watching! special power also lets Solomon Kane move and attack after Torquemada inflicts one or more wounds on a non-Human with his normal attack.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:37 PM. Reason: png
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:12 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Solomon Kane - Design Phase

NAME = SOLOMON KANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VINDICATOR
PERSONALITY = FANATICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 160

RIGHTEOUS RETRIBUTION
Start the game with 1 black Retribution Marker on this card. If a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, you may place your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. Before Solomon Kane attacks a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card, you may return the marker to this card and add 2 to Solomon Kane's Attack number for the remainder of the turn. If a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card is destroyed, place the marker back on this card.

MASTER SWORDPLAY
If Solomon Kane attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. Before any of these attacks, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

KEEP THE FAITH
Any time an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of Solomon Kane, you may instead remove one unrevealed Order Marker from this card.

Riddler

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 28th, 2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Naturally the power order should change ("Start of Game" power first, then Swordplay, then Faith).

I'd prefer 5/4 for Move/Defense, but if we only want to drop one I'd rather move Move down to 5 and keep Defense as-is.

Re-reading it seems sort of odd to me that he's a "Fanatical Wanderer" with the power "Relentless Avenger" which uses "Retribution Markers." I think moving things around a bit there to make it more aesthetically consistent would help some.
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

If anything I'd prefer to move down Defense and keep Move as it is. I'm not too strongly attached to either one, but I feel Move is slightly more thematic for him.

I can change the markers back to being Vengeance markers, which might help a bit. From there, I'm not really sure what to say. Maybe change his personality to Relentless? Although then Relentless Wanderer sounds a little odd.

Riddler
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Maybe change the name to "Unrelenting Avenger?" It's just that "Relentless" has such personality connotation in HeroScape.

Vengeance Markers would be preferable for me too I think.
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'm wondering if his class shouldn't be Vindicator.
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:33 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Not sure on that part. I was kind of trying to bring some of those connotations in. This is a guy who will track someone down across several continents and oceans to get retribution for a crime committed over a year ago. That feels less "unrelenting" and more "relentless", imo. Especially since we're trying to bring across a trance-like berserk rage...

I'll make the change to Vengeance markers when the grace period is up.

Vindicator would work. I originally had three possibilities with Vindicator, Wanderer, and Avenger, so I'm fine with any of those.

Riddler
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Need to specify that the markers are going on the opponent's cards.

4 might be a bit many--four auto-skulls plus his attack dice, which can be boosted by a number of friendly figures=yikes.

Yes, I know he'd have to stay alive long enough to get all four, but that's what Beat Cops are for.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:51 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Yeah, that could be a problem... Maybe change it so there are more markers, but there's a cap on how many auto-skulls can be added using it? So if, for example, there's a figure that manages to get all four on his card, that just means Kane gets two turns where he gets a single attack with 2 auto-skulls? It could help balance it a bit...

Riddler
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

You could just limit it to where a figure can't have more than 2 Vengeance Markers on their card.
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, like this (also added in "your" in case there is more than 1 Solomon Kane on the battlefield):

RELENTLESS AVENGER
Start the game with 4 black Retribution Markers on this card. Whenever a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane without your retribution marker on its card receives wounds from an opponent's figure's attack, you may place one of your Retribution Markers on that figure's card. When Solomon Kane attacks an opponent's figure, you may add 1 automatic skull for each of your Retribution Markers on that figure's card. If you do so, remove all your Retribution Markers on that figure's card from the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 30th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Yep, like this (also added in "your" in case there is more than 1 Solomon Kane on the battlefield):

RELENTLESS AVENGER
Start the game with 4 black Retribution Markers on this card. Whenever a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane without your retribution marker on its card receives wounds from an opponent's figure's attack, you may place one of your Retribution Markers on that figure's card. When Solomon Kane attacks an opponent's figure, you may add 1 automatic skull for each of your Retribution Markers on that figure's card. If you do so, remove all your Retribution Markers on that figure's card from the game.
The wording here has you placing the markers on your figure's card. Something I just noticed happened in the original version too. I believe the original intention was for them to be placed on your opponent's figure's card. How about?

RELENTLESS AVENGER
Start the game with 4 black Retribution Markers on this card. Whenever a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane receives one or more wounds from an opponent's figure's attack, you may place 1 Retribution Marker on thate attacking figure's card. When Solomon Kane attacks an opponent's figure, you may add 1 automatic skull for each black Retribution Marker on that figure's card. If you do so, remove all black Retribution Markers on that figure's card from the game. A figure may never have more than 2 Retribution Markers on its card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library