Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM

Josephus has disabled reputation
A game is for life, not just for Christmas

I've read all the threads and it would be great if Hasbro were to reconsider their standpoint on Heroscape. The reality is that so far all the ideas don't really hit the mark.

Hasbro are profits driven and Christmas is key to their annual figures. Heroscape was canned simply because it did not make enough money, not because it did not make money. This is a key point as it shows the mentality of a company and the way that they treat their customers. There is a relationship between supplier and customer. If Hasbro no longer want the Heroscape fair enough; but they should sell the brand instead of shelving it.

Hasbro are profit driven and Christmas is key to their annual figures. I suggest a campaign to take Christmas away from them. I am not on Facebook but someone needs to set up a Facebook group with a message on par with:

"A game is for life, not just for Christmas."

The aim is to encourage people to stop buying Hasbro products through the month of December. It is not just Heroscape fans who will be boycotting Hasbro but you need to get Joe Public involved to make the difference. If this gathers a little momentum and the press get involved it will force Hasbro to make a move. The fallout from the big stores and the risk of this campaign being an annual event would be disastrous for a company like Hasbro. The internet has made the world a smaller place and people like to follow a crowd especially when they don't have to do much and the fight is a real David Vs Goliath.

WOTC and Hasbro have discontinued many games with a large fanbase and their handling of MTG and D&D is morally questionable. I believe that Hasbro has an obligation to stand by their brand.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM

zing103 Woo who?
Re: A game is for life, not just for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephus View Post
I've read all the threads and it would be great if Hasbro were to reconsider their standpoint on Heroscape. The reality is that so far all the ideas don't really hit the mark.

Hasbro are profits driven and Christmas is key to their annual figures. Heroscape was canned simply because it did not make enough money, not because it did not make money. This is a key point as it shows the mentality of a company and the way that they treat their customers. There is a relationship between supplier and customer. If Hasbro no longer want the Heroscape fair enough; but they should sell the brand instead of shelving it.

Hasbro are profit driven and Christmas is key to their annual figures. I suggest a campaign to take Christmas away from them. I am not on Facebook but someone needs to set up a Facebook group with a message on par with:

"A game is for life, not just for Christmas."

The aim is to encourage people to stop buying Hasbro products through the month of December. It is not just Heroscape fans who will be boycotting Hasbro but you need to get Joe Public involved to make the difference. If this gathers a little momentum and the press get involved it will force Hasbro to make a move. The fallout from the big stores and the risk of this campaign being an annual event would be disastrous for a company like Hasbro. The internet has made the world a smaller place and people like to follow a crowd especially when they don't have to do much and the fight is a real David Vs Goliath.

WOTC and Hasbro have discontinued many games with a large fanbase and their handling of MTG and D&D is morally questionable. I believe that Hasbro has an obligation to stand by their brand.
as good idea as this is, it would never happen. hasbro makes so much stuff, you can't really boycott it. some people could, but the general public wouldn't.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:24 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Actually, put a new spin on your slogan--

Let's keep PLAYING Heroscape.

Game on!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM

Its because that Hasbro is so big that this may work.

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=finan...bol=NYSE%3AHAS

In 2009 Hasbro had a turnover of $4,067.9 Million and a gross profit of $2,487.5 Million. Hasbro takes as much money in Oct/Nov/Dec as they do in Jan through June. As an educated guess I was put Hasbro's turnover during Dec 09 at around $900 Million. If a campaign could sway 1% of Hasbro customers to buying a different brand that is $9,000,000.

Any campaign is extremely to have any long term damage and there should be no risk to jobs etc. being lost which is the last thing I would want. However, the opportunity to reduce any bonus and to put the C.E.O in a tight spot during a shareholders meeting does appeal to me.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
Actually, put a new spin on your slogan--

Let's keep PLAYING Heroscape.

Game on!
The slogan has to be generic to attract non Heroscape players who would be the bulk of the supporters. Without the masses we don't have a pot to P*** in (excuse my French).
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephus View Post
Its because that Hasbro is so big that this may work.

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=finan...bol=NYSE%3AHAS

In 2009 Hasbro had a turnover of $4,067.9 Million and a gross profit of $2,487.5 Million. Hasbro takes as much money in Oct/Nov/Dec as they do in Jan through June. As an educated guess I was put Hasbro's turnover during Dec 09 at around $900 Million. If a campaign could sway 1% of Hasbro customers to buying a different brand that is $9,000,000.

Any campaign is extremely to have any long term damage and there should be no risk to jobs etc. being lost which is the last thing I would want. However, the opportunity to reduce any bonus and to put the C.E.O in a tight spot during a shareholders meeting does appeal to me.
I think it would be a very difficult task to get people to stop buying Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Toy Story and Marvel toys for Christmas (all made by Hasbro).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News