Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old December 9th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post

Sadly I also ended up having an argument with another player about whether a flying figure could be thrown or not.

Just for clarity, the flying power has nothing to do with being thrown right?
Haha, this makes me think of some of the reffing experiences I've had w/ Heroscape ... it's difficult when players start to drop the lines about literalities in regard to the rules; "That couldn't happen to Superman" or "That rule doesn't make sense for [Insert any character]."

I then have to give my "it's just a game, let's have fun" speech.
In the absence of a clarifying rulebook or accessible computer to look it up, the only rational thing to do is imagine what makes the most sense. So I cannot blame the guy, if I had no previous knowledge of the subject I might have agreed with him. But to be honest, the ability to fly has nothing to do with the ability to be thrown. It might effect how far or how hard you land but positive acceleration in one direction is not immediately negated by negative acceleration in the opposite direction.

The flyer would need to fly in the opposite direction that they were thrown to slow down their speed of movement. Superman for instance might be able to halt his trajectory after just a few meters but he would still be thrown.

So for the basis to be that "flying figures cannot be thrown" Even a literal interpretation leads you to a "yes they can" position.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 9th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Jotun.
Old December 9th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Don't try to roleplay the cards. Do what it says on the powers, and not anything else. If the powers don't say that flying figures are an exception, they're not an exception.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 9th, 2012, 01:58 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
Greetings,

Spoiler Alert!

1) Although I don't think there is any one file that has all the cards (which would be a freakin' HUGE file), the PDF Generator in the 2nd post of this thread will pull together whichever ones you need to print.

2) As far as this part, you just have to ask yourself, 'How OCD am I?' It's probably close to 50-50 with people pullling flying figures off their stands. There are a few where it's encouraged to leave the figure on the stand (like Mr. Mxy, who would look really weird sitting on the ground). Same with the Clix bases. The biggest gameplay reason for proper bases is being able to fit on ladders, so as long as that's taken care of, the rest is a function of your OCD.

The BIG IDEA with this whole project is just to have fun. As long as you're doing that, then how the cards and figures look should be secondary.
Thanks for the help. That pdf generator is super cool. I have a couple of questions though about it.

1) When I open the pdf that was created and size it to 100% the cards are bigger than normal heroscape cards. Is that they way they are supposed to print out, bigger I mean? Or when printing them will they turn out as normal size?

2) I noticed there is a reverse pdf generator and so of course I clicked it and when I opened the pdf it appears to be of card backs(which is actually super nice). So my question is how do I created a pdf with my 3 units on it and at the same time make it so that it prints the backs on the cards? Is this something the person at Officemax can do for me? (I'd guess it means printing off the 3 unit sheet, then flipping it over and printing the card back images - is that right?)

Yeah, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to things looking uniform and so I just got through placing an order with Impact Miniatures for their bases. Also, if you guys didn't know you can order stickers from them as well, they sell 15 bases with 15 stickers for $3.00. Shipping on 6 sets ordered was $4.50 fyi.

Thanks again for all the help. I can't wait to have things all printed out, based, and ready to play!

- Raider30
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:17 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
Yeah, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to things looking uniform and so I just got through placing an order with Impact Miniatures for their bases. Also, if you guys didn't know you can order stickers from them as well, they sell 15 bases with 15 stickers for $3.00. Shipping on 6 sets ordered was $4.50 fyi.

Thanks again for all the help. I can't wait to have things all printed out, based, and ready to play!

- Raider30
I just wanted to pop on quick this morning and let you guys know about the awesome service from Tom Anders at Impact Miniatures. I sent him an email letting him know I was from Heroscapers.com and you guys had recommended his product. This was yesterday(a Sunday), and he generated the shipping slip/tracking # last night around 11pm. That is some great service!

- Raider30
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:

Sadly I also ended up having an argument with another player about whether a flying figure could be thrown or not.

Just for clarity, the flying power has nothing to do with being thrown right?
Haha, this makes me think of some of the reffing experiences I've had w/ Heroscape ... it's difficult when players start to drop the lines about literalities in regard to the rules; "That couldn't happen to Superman" or "That rule doesn't make sense for [Insert any character]."

I then have to give my "it's just a game, let's have fun" speech.
In the absence of a clarifying rulebook or accessible computer to look it up, the only rational thing to do is imagine what makes the most sense. So I cannot blame the guy, if I had no previous knowledge of the subject I might have agreed with him. But to be honest, the ability to fly has nothing to do with the ability to be thrown. It might effect how far or how hard you land but positive acceleration in one direction is not immediately negated by negative acceleration in the opposite direction.

The flyer would need to fly in the opposite direction that they were thrown to slow down their speed of movement. Superman for instance might be able to halt his trajectory after just a few meters but he would still be thrown.

So for the basis to be that "flying figures cannot be thrown" Even a literal interpretation leads you to a "yes they can" position.
I wouldn't blame the guy if there were no rulebooks present ... the hard part is when the rule is read and denial/frustration/anger/competitiveness/etc. kicks in. But it happens and usually they settle back in and end up having a lot of fun, especially when the rule ends up helping them later on.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Don't try to roleplay the cards. Do what it says on the powers, and not anything else. If the powers don't say that flying figures are an exception, they're not an exception.
I not sure I can even count how many times I've said this. But somehow this philosophy is always challenged at one point or another. Jokingly, one time this philosophy was especially challenged as one of Mathguy's rectangular Sabretooth cards had Wolverine written in the Healing Factor X power ...
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Common sense > typos

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The Book of Satanus (Design Phase)

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Oh yeah baby!

Dino-mite!

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

SLH Season 2 Sign-Ups
Old December 13th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Oh yeah baby!

Dino-mite!

Oh no baby.

I will say this again and again since it is true

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy