Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Dice Tower? No.. Dice HAMMER (Now With Photos)

I do not have enough incomplete HeroScape related projects going... so I am starting yet another one.

The Dice Hammer - I made it in the shape of a battle hammer, to go with valhalla, Thors hammer yata yata

I hope to make the first one on the Rapid Prototype Machine (3D to plastic printer)... and then tweak it a bit and make some molds to reproduce these.

It is for rolling dice with out them going all over the place, they are permanently locked in the hammer, you shake it and let them fall into the handle of the hammer... if for example you were supose to roll 3 attack... you simply count the bottom 3.

ADDED PHOTOS:

Last edited by Draconious; November 19th, 2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old November 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dice Tower? No.. Dice HAMMER

You could use machine screws to attach the handle, that way you could get the dice out if you needed to.

What did you model it in BTW

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old November 10th, 2008, 03:11 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

I dont mean perm were you can never ever get them out, just while your playing the game...
It will have a door to remove them.... I am thinking either hinged, or slide in a grove.... or maybe a hole and stopper, like a piggy bank plug.

The counter weight on the bottom may also have a door to hold wound markers... or maybe just clay so it stands up better.

Modeled in AutoCAD...
I did not get this concept model prepped to take to the machine today, gota leave in an hour... maybe ill do it tomarow. I have to chop the model up into smaller parts to glue together, because its bigger then the machines build envelope.
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:35 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This is definitely a better concept than the "Dice Rattle" one...good luck with this one.
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

How about some sort of 'shutter' that you can close for each die? This way you don't even have to see the results of the dice that don't count.

-insert signature here-
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Nice! Good luck, man!

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:45 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
How about some sort of 'shutter' that you can close for each die? This way you don't even have to see the results of the dice that don't count.
Thats a good idea but I am sure it will raise the manufacturing cost up to the point where it would not be affordable and/or profitable for Drac.
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Not too sure I would go so far as to manufacturer this thing... unless some one simply bought the idea from me and ran with it on their own lol.

I thought about a piece of thin plastic that could roll up/down... the rolled part would be in the counter weight, thus making the top dice what you read not the bottom...
Old November 11th, 2008, 02:31 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Frakking awesome idea, Draconious. PROMISE us pictures if you ever actually prototype this thing, yes?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:54 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

It certainly looks like a nice "I-wish-I-had-one-of-those-things" thing. I've seen constructs like this (Darkworld springs to mind) but only with colored balls. I'm not completely convinced that you won't run into trouble with cubes, because, unlike spheres, they can get 'stuck' in the neck.
Old November 11th, 2008, 09:22 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
Modeled in AutoCAD...
Pro E > AutoCAD

Still, I'd love to get the blueprint and make one in the plastics lab at my school. That's one sweet idea you got there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:01 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Thats a good idea but I am sure it will raise the manufacturing cost up to the point where it would not be affordable and/or profitable for Drac.
Good point. Good luck with it Drac.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; November 11th, 2008 at 12:06 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions