Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 20th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk
I really liked having a four-player fight. I am toying now with the idea of ending up with all four-player fights to decide positions 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, and so on. I would design a double-size map from terrain used for the two maps at each table, which would probably require care in selecting which maps went together, but I could do it. Then I can put the players to work tearing down the two maps and building the new. I would have to consider the cases of needing a three-player or five-player design just in case. It might end up that the bottom two places would still fight on a two-player map; though I could have two five-player designs to avoid that.

I will have to poll people on what they thought of the four-player final (everyone in it seemed to like it, and there were people watching instead of playing their own games) and how they would like all four-player games to finish - the main thing is to have fun, after all.
What is to prevent folks from ganging up on the poor guy who has the best record???? No sir! I would never use this method.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 20th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
What is to prevent folks from ganging up on the poor guy who has the best record???? No sir! I would never use this method.
Hmm, not announcing beforehand what the rankings are - I did not announce any between rounds, this would be no different. If they do not know who is the 'best' coming in to the fight, they will not have that incentive to start picking on one person.

Granted, once someone starts getting a clear advantage there will likely be some ganging-up; that happened in our final when ManTrainChooChoo got his AE to drop at the start and won initiative, getting four glyphs the first turn. However, he knew beforehand what would happen if he grabbed all the glyphs right away. It was his choice to attract that kind of attention.

I am asking what people thought of the four-way at the end, and how they would feel about going to all four-way battles for the final round - so far I have only gotten some positive feedback about the top-four fight and none against it. Hopefully I will start getting responses to the notion of all four-way fights... I will let you know. Hmm, I will have to ask the fourth-place player (Fareed) what he thought of it. If he thought it was a good thing, that would be a good sign.

I do like the effect it can have on army design. It makes area-effect powers like explosion attacks more attractive. Hmm, I suppose starting with four-player battles would also be an option... count the fist one dead as a loss, the next two dead as a tie, and a win for the winner. It would be troublesome to decide how to do point differential for that though. Maybe use the lowest remaining point total of the other three players to calculate PD for the fourth-place player, lowest total of the other two for the third-place player, and then normally for the top two. Hmm, maybe not - that could end up ranking the third-place finisher above the second-place finisher. Hmm.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:44 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What to do with all those extra Order & Wound Markers? To keep your tourney running smoothly it may be beneficial to make up a few “Tournament Emergency Kits” it seems as though one or two people remember their army but forget to bring markers & dice. I’ve done it myself . I also have a couple bags of the white dice ( have to hang on to the red & blue dice for myself ). While going over the basic rules of the tourney it may be good idea just to ask everyone if they have there markers… if not have them come up for an “ Emergency Kit “ …should help you keep your tourney running on time.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:48 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Note: Tournament Score Sheets are now available in the download section under “ Bin-O-Goodies.

Here is the link: http://www.heroscapers.com/download/?dlid=639

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Those are really nice scoring sheets, Codeman.
But I do think I'm probably the only one around here old enough to only need two year boxes for birth year <grin>.
Old June 4th, 2007, 06:49 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Hmm, not announcing beforehand what the rankings are - I did not announce any between rounds, this would be no different. If they do not know who is the 'best' coming in to the fight, they will not have that incentive to start picking on one person.
People like Spider_Poison would almost never win at your tourneys.
Old August 11th, 2007, 07:56 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
I'm working on arranging a small demo for the new Dicehead Games store in Chattanooga, not really running it as I don't work there and I don't have money but I'll work with the owners, who showed strong interest, to help expose the game and hopefully get people interested in the best kind of demo we can. They don't usually carry the product, which is a concern to the woman I spoke to, but she also said she can order some and have it at the store within a week. I don't know if she was implying she'd order some to be there next weekend, when we plan to do this, or if she means she'll place orders if anybody shows interest in the game.
I have two Master Sets worth of tiles, but only one pair of ruin walls (the second set was incomplete, found cheap at a thrift store; no figures or ruins). I also have one Thaelenk Tundra and one Castle set. Can anyone recommend a good pair of battlefields to set up at a demo?
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:26 PM

Troy Spiral has disabled reputation
Great post

Great post. Being a total noob i have nothing to add other than to ask why 400 point armies rather than the 500 that seems to be "standard" ?

Old October 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral
Great post. Being a total noob i have nothing to add other than to ask why 400 point armies rather than the 500 that seems to be "standard" ?
Old School...a year and a half ago or so (Taelord and 2 x Minions)...400 points was standard.
Old October 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM

Troy Spiral has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Old School...a year and a half ago or so (Taelord and 2 x Minions)...400 points was standard.
Ah ok thanks sir. =)

Old October 1st, 2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Depends on what part of the country I think. The Iowa & Minnesota ( now Nebraska ) Tourneys have always used a diffenent point value. Looking back they went something like: 410, 530, 600, 490, 560, 450, 510 ect .... So I would say in the upper midwest the standard seems to be anything that is between 400 and 600 ( for one hour long rounds ).

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:09 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
I'm not sure of the best place for this question....

Have "age brackets" been used at any of the tourneys? I', thinking of something like "13 and under".

We are trying to put together a National HS Day tourney in North Carolina, but I for one will be bringing 2 of my under 13 kids and several of their friends.

I am used to playing them and realize they can compete with adults, but I am afraid that adults who are not used to kids may have a problem with them...has anyone seen this?

Thanks.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events