Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old October 9th, 2022, 07:36 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 0] Velnesh Alphas (Leyline Phantoms) - Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I'd encourage y'all to reread all the playtest results. On the whole they have been underwhelming at 90 and 100.
Yeah I read through all of their playtest results too and was surprised at how many times I read that they didn't have much of an impact but were still fine at 90. But I think 80 would be a good compromise if we playtested it
Old October 9th, 2022, 10:15 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm also wondering if they don't have a clear enough role and that's why people have struggled to use them. Are they sharks? Menacers? Defenders? They aren't bread and butter or cheerleaders. I've been wondering if 3/5 would give them a more well defined role as glyph grabbers, screeners, and/or cleanup. Right now it seems like people tend to roll them out early but then one or two of them die and they don't her used after that. This isn't a strongly held opinion as much as a line of inquiry.

What do y'all think?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 16th, 2022, 09:20 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I don't hate it, but I do like that with 4 Attack they can use their bonus moves to set up powerful attacking positions. We also have the Honored Soul Guides and possibly Alabaster Sentinels that will be able to fill passive/glyph grabbing roles, so I like the slightly more offensive take on these.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 16th, 2022, 10:29 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

My thoughts align with NecroBlade's. I have a slight preference for the offensive angle, but I'd agree that the 3/5 stats are more in line with their powers and best use. I'd be fine with experimenting with it at the very least.
Old October 16th, 2022, 02:50 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So it sounds like we're left with disagreeing about points. Does anyone have anything further to suggest on that topic? Maybe each of us could post one number in a spoiler that we think is the appropriate point value? Once we've all posted we can look at all the spoilers and resume the conversation from there? I'll start...

Spoiler Alert!

--
--
--

--
Old October 19th, 2022, 09:57 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd rather stick with the 4/4 stats as I think they've been found to play well at that statline as long as the points are dialed in.

Spoiler Alert!
Old October 19th, 2022, 03:10 PM

Poke. Prod.
@NecroBlade @Astroking112 @All Your Pie

--
--
--

--
Old October 20th, 2022, 08:03 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

They didn't do any actual damage in about 1/3 of their games, partly attributed to learning curve, but both in some games where they were getting kills and some where they weren't they could be found utilizing their powers to contest areas of the map or tie units down. Their powers were generally liked from the start, not matter the battle's outcome, too.

Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 13th, 2022, 07:12 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It might be worth it to leave these guys at the 80 point mark. Cheap enough to include in different builds where their utility can find a home, and expensive enough (both in terms of price and OM investment) that someone using them won't relegate them strictly to cleanup duty, which I can only imagine they'll do well in.

At 3/5 they might just become annoying vs melee units who can already have issues catching them. It'd certainly make their role more apparent, but probably shoot them out of the 70-80 range.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 14th, 2022, 05:34 PM

Hey @Astroking112. Poke. Prod.

--
--
--

--
Old November 20th, 2022, 06:03 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Spoiler Alert!

At a NHSD event, some of us were talking about how AoA might try to offer some units at a higher power level than normal, to even the playing field for new players who might have missed Rise of the Valkyrie. I found it to be a compelling argument, and perhaps I've been looking at the Alphas too much as I do to SoV units.

That said, I'm not particularly receptive to points of damage dealt or the HSB as an equitable metric. The teleport is much stronger in scenarios (which I consider equal in importance), and coupled with them being much better against melee, I do not think that this unit is the best choice for trying to hit higher.
Old November 20th, 2022, 06:06 PM

So we've got a range of answers with no two people the same. 70, 75, 80, 85. I think we should discard the outlier values and pick between 75 and 80. My vote is obviously for 75 but I could live with 80.

What do the rest of you think? @NecroBlade @Astroking112 @Captain Stupendous

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs