Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 17th, 2019, 07:19 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

I personally like swamp water strength/mastery. It's straight forward/not busy. I know the drudge have a bad rating and people say getting height is better so your opponent doesn't get +1 benefits from being on height, but having water spaces give you the same +1 dice makes it so you have"extra movement" since you don't have to climb for high ground.
Old November 17th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I personally like swamp water strength/mastery. It's straight forward/not busy. I know the drudge have a bad rating and people say getting height is better so your opponent doesn't get +1 benefits from being on height, but having water spaces give you the same +1 dice makes it so you have"extra movement" since you don't have to climb for high ground.
If I were to give him a Swamp-based ability, I'd change it back to Lurk in Swamp...I think it matches more with what the Ravagers do and I like that it gives him a little help against range.

Quote:
Lurk in Swamp
If Veguzza is on a swamp water space, opponents' figures must be adjacent to attack him with a normal attack.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 17th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do like a defense ability to help his low defense. Or maybe something different like a ranged special that only works in swamp water. I see it like an acid staff powered by the swamp itself. Durgeth Death Staff or something.
Old November 18th, 2019, 05:08 AM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart

Hi, very nice customs. I am new to this: what's the difference between personal customs and your other customs? I really like personal customs, I have quite a few of these minis - but I am not sure if they've been playtested. How balanced are they?
Thanks!
Old November 20th, 2019, 12:28 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeadam View Post
Hi, very nice customs. I am new to this: what's the difference between personal customs and your other customs? I really like personal customs, I have quite a few of these minis - but I am not sure if they've been playtested. How balanced are they?
Thanks!
Well, for me personal customs are ones that I just kinda "mess around" with. I don't really spend a ton of extra time playtesting them or worrying about synergies or OP-ness as much and make them more out of fun or simple interest. They're ones I play with at home but have no intention of expanding out to a larger audience like C3V or SoV. My other customs (as categorized in OP) ARE more focused on playtesting and balancing for submission to the SoV. If you have any questions about specific designs, let me know!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 2nd, 2019, 10:38 PM

Been toying with a new idea here for a bit. I really like the prospect of Iskra-like units that are directly tied together...i.e. one cannot be used/work without the other. The idea here is that these Giants are twins and must remain on the battlefield together. I plan to work out a backstory for them to help sell the theme a little more, but I feel like Inseparable does an okay job. Please let me know what you think.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 3rd, 2019, 12:39 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I think the "must be in the same army" rule is unnecessary. With the mechanics you wouldn't take one without the other anyway.

Otherwise I like the designs. Pretty solid overall. Why is one Huge and the other Large?
Old December 3rd, 2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I think the "must be in the same army" rule is unnecessary. With the mechanics you wouldn't take one without the other anyway.

Otherwise I like the designs. Pretty solid overall. Why is one Huge and the other Large?
Thanks for the feedback...you make a good point. Yeah, the size I messed up when I created the card and I was too lazy to go back and redo it. They should be Large. They're roughly the same size as Pel, but a little taller (cause the rocks).

EDIT: Also, I was wondering what you thought about the "takes a wound when out of sight" clause? I have a way of explaining that in the bio...but I'm wondering if that may see weird to anyone at first glance. The idea, was that as Twins they needed to remain together in battle.

Oh! I just got an idea! You know how there tend to be Twins who are "connected" and can feel each other's pain? Well, what if they take a wound when one of them takes a wound? Would that be too negative of an ability?

Quote:
Inseparable
After revealing an Order Marker on and taking a turn with Gorm, you must take a turn with Hymir. If Gorm receives one or more wounds, you must place a wound on Hymir.
Does that create more of a Twin theme than what I have? Maybe the name of the power would need to be changed though? something like: LINKED or CONNECTED ?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 6th, 2019, 08:02 PM

Here's what I've got. I like where it landed so far. Any other thoughts/feedback?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 6th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Does the “must take a turn” do anything? You can take the turn and do nothing. There would need to be some requirement of “must take a turn and attack, if possible” or something like that. Cool concept though!
Old December 6th, 2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Does the “must take a turn” do anything? You can take the turn and do nothing. There would need to be some requirement of “must take a turn and attack, if possible” or something like that. Cool concept though!
hmm...I guess not. You make a good point. I probably ought to just change it to a "may" clause since I'm not really trying to do anything there other than make sure they both take a turn...though there's probably no reason you wouldn't ever take turn.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 15th, 2019, 07:22 PM

@BiggaBullfrog (and any others interested in commenting)... here's a completely different angle on the Rujin design.

I do feel like a lot of the issues I was running into were Feral Troll comparisons and I'd prefer to create new design space in a Valhalla troll....and I think kind of like the Regen is a D&D troll staple ability, I think Valhalla trolls could have a Thick Skin ability. so I'm doing that alongside 2 Monster-savage type abilities 1) a Savage devouring figures he kills and 2) a territorial monster who does not appreciate people in his swamp.

Would love some thoughts.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards