Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 17th, 2019, 07:47 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I'm brainstorming on a way to get a similar effect, but less complicated. I'm not sure if it still is too complicated though. Here's what I have so far:

Power text here:
Spoiler Alert!

I mainly based it off of Avernus' power, instead of Tor-Kul-Na's. It has a similar effect, and takes of considerably less space. I think removing the need to place him on the space the figure previously occupied simplifies the card a bit.

Also, I was wondering if there are any opinions on the class and personality. I was thinking of changing his class to warhulk potentially because doesn't play very much like a guard and tends to be on the front line trampling the enemy. He would lose some synergy, but the crypt guardians don't help him much and he works just fine on his own. Making him wild might be interesting, but I'm against it because I'd prefer him to be a solo hero.
Old November 17th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I do like that better. Removing the forced movement does take out quite a bit of complexity, and gives him some interesting options when tied down.

I prefer Warhulk over simple Guard.
Old November 25th, 2019, 11:03 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Bigga suggested to me that I might run this by you all:

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Points ???

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3, Attack 3
Choose an opponent's figure to attack within 3 clear sight spaces of Demetria. That figure and 1 figure adjacent to it are affected by Sonic Sword Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

ULLAR'S LIGHT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack 3
When Rania attacks with Ullar's Light, add an additional Attack die for each friendly figure within 2 clear sight spaces of her, to a maximum of +3 Attack dice.

ULLAR BATTLE CRY
After Rania wounds an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, you may move 3 squad figures you control who follow Ullar up to 3 spaces each.

Old November 25th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

These are the most solid versions of the characters you've posted yet.

For Demetria, It seems a bit overloaded to have two signature abilities, Life Drain and Enslave, on the same hero, but it makes sense as a character. Is the extra figure affected by Sonic Sword supposed to be optional or mandatory?

I like Ullar's Light, though it feels like it should be +1 for each Ullar friendly figure, given the name of the power. I like Ullar's Battle Cry, but I fear it might end up problematic when allowed with the special attack. It's a simple special, though, so maybe it's ok.
Old November 25th, 2019, 05:05 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm not buying the Undead part of Demetria, as well as the Life Drain...thematically I just don't see it. 1) she doesn't look undead at all and 2) what about her suggests a life-sucking ability? I mean, Vampires I get cause they legit suck your blood dry...but I really don't see her theme at all fitting that species or ability.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 26th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I can see Sir H's concern about the Undead theme for Demetria, though I think it fits overall. I think the powers/stats are already painting a nice picture of who she is, so maybe it could be strengthened simply by changing the class? Though I'm no undead expert... maybe Revenant could work here? (If my loose interpretation of Revenant is correct.) Making her a Death Knight is also interesting thematically -- I can easily see her being the production of an Esenwein curse, for example (or blessing, as I'm sure they see it).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 26th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I think it's just that the mini doesn't look like any undead or particularly like a vampire as the powers would suggest. I mean in theory a lich can make itself pass for human but these powers aren't really lich like either.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 26th, 2019, 10:39 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Points 120

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3, Attack 3
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose one other figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for both figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 120

FASCES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack 3
When Rania attacks with
Fasces Special Attack, add an additional Attack die for each friendly figure within 2 clear sight spaces of her, to a maximum of +3 Attack dice.

ULLAR'S LIGHT
After Rania wounds an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, you may move 3 squad figures you control who follow Ullar up to 3 spaces each.

For the time being, 120 points each. Powers aren't related anymore, but trying to keep their costs the same. Going to have to rewrite their bios.

Thanks for the Sonic Sword text, Scytale. I needed that! Decided to fix the special attack's name and keep it friendly. All Ullar all the time is a bit confining for me. Changed Ullar's Battle Cry to Ullar's Light.

Demetria's sculpt is seductive, and I originally made her Species Succubus. Instead of Life Drain, she removed a wound when a unit was destroyed while adjacent to her. In any event, the white hair and red cape go with a vampire-like creature as much as anything else, IMHO. I'm disinclined to make her a bonding hero, as she already costs enough, compared to Rania. [We could make her Class Warwitch and change her name to Dionnia, I suppose.]

In ant event, I think we're close enough for Mac to make me a card for playtesting in Jamaica.

Quicksilver Fane
(Tree Version)

Last edited by kolakoski; November 26th, 2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old November 26th, 2019, 12:14 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
In any event, the white hair and red cape go with a vampire-like creature as much as anything else
oh dear...unfortunately that is far from what you need in order to build a theme for an Undead figure. I mean, all the Vampires that exist have Black hair and white pale skin and fangs...and a red cape has nothing to do with whether or not a mini has a certain species. this just won't do, I'm sorry.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 26th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
In any event, the white hair and red cape go with a vampire-like creature as much as anything else
oh dear...unfortunately that is far from what you need in order to build a theme for an Undead figure. I mean, all the Vampires that exist have Black hair and white pale skin and fangs...and a red cape has nothing to do with whether or not a mini has a certain species. this just won't do, I'm sorry.
The 3d render does have an emancipated rib cage that gives off a lich vibe. I’m not sure how well it comes out in the actual figure (Pathfinder can have some trouble translating finer details from concept to proof).
Old November 26th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

Still she looks like undead with those fangs and white skin.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 26th, 2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Still she looks like undead with those fangs and white skin.
oops, forgot about Iskra...but yeah, still...not white.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards