Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 19th, 2017, 07:43 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Trex's Terrain:New Candy For the Eyes 8-19-17

BRAVO! Those "crystals" look sweeeet. Too bad I can't +1 rep you again until a share some "love" with others.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 19th, 2017, 07:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I posted a lot more stuff in the frostgrave thread.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 17th, 2017, 10:32 PM

TIM0THY is surprisingly tart

Where can I find a tutorial on how to make those LED wells?
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:17 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM0THY View Post
Where can I find a tutorial on how to make those LED wells?
I could do one up but instead just look up "Black Magic Craft" on youtube, then search his channel. Its a guy on there that makes stuff for dungeons and dragons. If you wanted to you could easily make it compatible with heroscape, I just don't hex my terrain out anymore, because scape doesn't get to the table enough. I think he calls his a portal.

Old February 12th, 2018, 07:09 PM
"like" happy

deleted

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:18 AM.
Old February 12th, 2018, 07:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Trex's Terrain:Ullars Altar Dice Tower Prize 1-12-18

Very cool!

I'd consider buying a dice tower from you as you do make amazingly cool ones. I already have two dice towers though. One is fairly a simple cardboard square type that is light weight and collapses, the other is the one I made from an extra Castle set that is fairly heavy in comparison. I often travel to play games at a friends house and use the light weight one for those games while leaving the heavy, more difficult to stow one at home. If I could buy something in between the two I would consider it. A cool, unique tower with great details that is still fairly light weight and easy to transport. Just something for you to think about.
Old February 12th, 2018, 07:42 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Very cool!

I'd consider buying a dice tower from you as you do make amazingly cool ones. I already have two dice towers though. One is fairly a simple cardboard square type that is light weight and collapses, the other is the one I made from an extra Castle set that is fairly heavy in comparison. I often travel to play games at a friends house and use the light weight one for those games while leaving the heavy, more difficult to stow one at home. If I could buy something in between the two I would consider it. A cool, unique tower with great details that is still fairly light weight and easy to transport. Just something for you to think about.
Thanks. I've made tons of towers over the years. I've found ones that are smaller and compact are preferred by tournament users. My standard style uses a shorter tower with a few platforms and still a decent sized bowl. (I like to be able to retrieve my dice easily and be able to see my rolls. The diameter of the bowls is around 5-6 inches, and the towers diameter are usually about 3 inches or so. The standard tower does not weigh too much. I try to make them super durable, but at the same time as light as I can. The current one I just made is probably less than 1 lb. I may make up a batch of them and see how it goes. @japes , would something like these dice towers be acceptable to put in the trade thread?

Old February 12th, 2018, 09:13 PM
"like" happy

I added a luxurious felt bottom to this last tower. I had a stack of felt and it "felt" right to do it.

What do you guys think?

Old February 12th, 2018, 09:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Very cool!

Thanks. I've made tons of towers over the years. I've found ones that are smaller and compact are preferred by tournament users. My standard style uses a shorter tower with a few platforms and still a decent sized bowl. (I like to be able to retrieve my dice easily and be able to see my rolls. The diameter of the bowls is around 5-6 inches, and the towers diameter are usually about 3 inches or so. The standard tower does not weigh too much. I try to make them super durable, but at the same time as light as I can. The current one I just made is probably less than 1 lb. I may make up a batch of them and see how it goes. @japes , would something like these dice towers be acceptable to put in the trade thread?
Sir Heroscaper has his custom Jungle terrain in there so I don't see why it would be a problem. I could be wrong so if you do, and I am, I promise not to ban you.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 12th, 2018, 09:32 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Very cool!

Sir Heroscaper has his custom Jungle terrain in there so I don't see why it would be a problem. I could be wrong so if you do, and I am, I promise not to ban you.
Good to know. I'll double check the rules in the thread just to be sure.

Old February 13th, 2018, 04:38 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I added a luxurious felt bottom to this last tower. I had a stack of felt and it "felt" right to do it.

What do you guys think?
I like it. Should make it easy to slide around on top of a wood table when sharing the tower with others.
Old March 5th, 2018, 10:51 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

BRAVO, Trex... another work of art - beautifully done. I'm not a big fan of dice towers personally, don't use one unless the club requires it for certain games, but do appreciate the work that does into producing them. Be sure to provide a link to where yours will be available for purchase and I'll get the word out to my friends.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles