Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 6th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Update: How to really save Heroscape: A lesson from hist

Don't change the gameplan now. If nothing else, other interested companies will hear about it and realize the fan base and fight harder to get the rights.

"If you're not Hexus, you're against us!"

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:15 PM

freudianslip27 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Don't change the gameplan now. If nothing else, other interested companies will hear about it and realize the fan base and fight harder to get the rights.

But if we are hoping that they give someone else the reins, we shouldn't be encouraging them to keep it?

Couldn't the fact that the heroscape community is sending them lots of hexes in the mail be a reason for them to charge more for the license, making it harder for someone else to buy it

Matt
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianslip27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post

But if we are hoping that they give someone else the reins, we shouldn't be encouraging them to keep it?

Couldn't the fact that the heroscape community is sending them lots of hexes in the mail be a reason for them to charge more for the license, making it harder for someone else to buy it

Matt
But if Hasbro (not WotC) takes up the license again then they're more likely to stick with the original story and design team.

Old November 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Why don't we wait till monday to see what happens? Thats still a week before we are planning on shipping out anyways.
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Cigarman has disabled reputation

Negotiations are just that, negotiations.

HS has not been licienced by anyone yet, so I would suggest continuing the campaign as planned.

I'd prefer that WOTC reverses its decision and keeps on producing HS for one major reason.

If Hasbro/WOTC liciences it out, we will probably see a dramatic increase in prices for new releases. Other companies do not have the economy of scale to get HS produced in massive quanities, like Hasbro/WOTC did, to keep prices down.

If we see an actual contract has been signed before the 16th, we can always pull the plug.

Otherwise, I'd suggest we go full steam ahead as planned.

Cigarman

PS: I have written to Truth requesting front page coverage for this protest. He has yet to respond. If you feel it should be on the front page, please PM him and make a request as well.

PPS, All the relevent addresses are in the very first post under "UPDATE".

Join the BRING IT BACK! campaign. We're inundating WotC with hexes! D-Day is 11/16.
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:02 PM

Remi Woo who?

I'm in for sending hexes
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

VIVA la revolution!!!!!!! Even though my words may never be heard, I still know I said what was in my heart.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:32 PM

aeowyn Woo who?
Smile Re: Update: How to really save Heroscape: A lesson from hist

PS: I have written to Truth requesting front page coverage for this protest. He has yet to respond. If you feel it should be on the front page, please PM him and make a request as well.

PPS, All the relevent addresses are in the very first post under "UPDATE".[/quote]

im game for sending a couple of hexes...and Truth should make this the front page as well. If he doesn't we can send a couple of Hexes his way too!!!

Thanks for looking!

Great trade with Sherman Davies, Talyn
Old November 6th, 2010, 05:40 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker

I'd prefer that WOTC reverses its decision and keeps on producing HS for one major reason.

If Hasbro/WOTC liciences it out, we will probably see a dramatic increase in prices for new releases. Other companies do not have the economy of scale to get HS produced in massive quanities, like Hasbro/WOTC did, to keep prices down.

I think I'd rather have higher prices than a company(WotC) running it that can't keep it alive as a stand-alone brand, and also has no intrest in the line other than using it to promote/carry their D&D game.

At least Hasbro kept it as it's own game. And I don't know what other companies could possibly pick it up, but I'm sure they would too.

I'd rather pay $15 a booster for HeroScape than $10-13 for secondhand D&D.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

I just created a "Bring It Back" participation confirmation poll that I hope will help Cigarman & the rest of us get an accurate count of how many hexes might pass through the offices of Hasbro & WotC come mailing time.

Poll: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33353

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

I personally, am planning on saying "heroScape: Bring it Back or Pass it On"

L.K.R.
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:46 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?
Re: How to really save Heroscape: A lesson from history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
Would it be overkill to also send torn Magic cards?

I would be willing send a hex with an extra RotV figure glued to it. "Bring it Back" gets the point accross, but I'd like to thing of something more clever. Like something that rhymes with tile, hex, or scape.
I'm in and They are definately getting the rest of the envelope filled with magic confetti

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News