Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 19th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Imma have to jump in on one of these with ya’ll sometime. It’ll be good to have another YouTuber for Heroscape too. Twill help keep the game alive and fresh!

I also love the idea of doing a video cast for the Online Season, id totally be down for that.
Thanks man! It would be awesome to have you come in and guest star sometime!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 24th, 2019, 11:36 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

We've tried another screen test with a game I recorded a while ago with @Flash_19 and @superfrog . The video isn't the best quality because I wasn't intending to actually release it at the time, but it was a crazy game with a lot of good decision points, so I think the conversation that stemmed from it was really good. Though we were also a bit tired and prone to do bits about the players since we know them a bit better. We're still figuring out some things (audio quality, we need to remember to talk about hard statistics, True's working on a logo, outro, etc.) but I'm overall pleased with the video. Again, any feedback on how to improve is welcome!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 24th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Just as long as you don’t post my crapshoot OHS game yesterday

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 24th, 2019, 12:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

That hurts just a little bit to watch back, but it's enlightening to hear you guys talk about it.

Definitely a few moves I would do over again if I had the chance, most notably all those attacks on that central Warforged...

That overextend turn where I rushed Evar ends up being about a 31% shot at killing him, so probably a bit riskier than I realized.
Old July 24th, 2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Just as long as you don’t post my crapshoot OHS game yesterday
Ahh, no spoilers! True and I are watching it this morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
That hurts just a little bit to watch back, but it's enlightening to hear you guys talk about it.

Definitely a few moves I would do over again if I had the chance, most notably all those attacks on that central Warforged...
Hey man, that happens a lot (I want to take back every single move I made against The Dewk a couple months back). This was a casual game anyway, and it's easy to think "I'll just get this guy out of the way real quick-like" in the moment.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 24th, 2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old July 24th, 2019, 12:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it was really fun to watch. Just a lot of second thoughts about how I would have played it.

Also I've been playing the Skeletons at 110 for a few weeks now and didn't notice until you mentioned their cost on the stream. I totally would have been playing Cyprien if I had been able to read

Last edited by superfrog; July 24th, 2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old July 24th, 2019, 06:53 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

That overextend turn where I rushed Evar ends up being about a 31% shot at killing him, so probably a bit riskier than I realized.
It ended up being a lot closer than I thought it would! It was a fun game for sure.

It's interesting to go back and hear the commentary/analysis and compare it to what I was thinking in the moment. I've only made it about halfway through the video, so I'll post the rest of my thoughts about the game after I finish. That decision about whether to rush Scarcarver with Nicky was a tough one...

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 24th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is a cool idea. I really enjoyed the 1st video.
Old July 26th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
We've tried another screen test with a game I recorded a while ago with @Flash_19 and @superfrog . The video isn't the best quality because I wasn't intending to actually release it at the time, but it was a crazy game with a lot of good decision points, so I think the conversation that stemmed from it was really good. Though we were also a bit tired and prone to do bits about the players since we know them a bit better.
@TrueMurray - I'll take being called a scrub considering the joy I felt watching my Havech Eradicators blast through your Havech Eradicators. That and Spiderman dodging all your best attacks. Lol. I felt so loved watching that video.

@BiggaBullfrog - Just because you decimated me last time we played.... lol.

A couple things you guys mentioned that I wanted to comment on:

1) Putting so many order markers on the Warforged. I was definitely very aggressive here, but think I would've played this fairly similar if I played the game again (though I maybe would've put the first order marker on Heirloom in the first round to bring him up as a threat against clumping skeletons - and put the X on him too to keep superfrog guessing). I had thought about bringing up Heirloom after the first round, but with the amount of figures superfrog was able to move each turn, I figure by the time I was able to get Heirloom into position to take shots at Skeletons, he would've been able to disperse them pretty easily so that I was able to only hit 1 (maybe 2 if I was lucky) with Heirloom's Force Orb attack. Even if I'd rolled him up earlier, I don't think superfrog would have had his figures clumped as much as he did. Thus, I deferred to the greater chance of multiple attacks (and the chance of rolling more attack dice) by being more aggressive with the Warforged.
I think Scarcarver works much better at cleanup (as was demonstrated in the video) and I wanted to save him for cleaning up little pockets of skeletons across the board at the end of the game, along with saving him for the moment Nicky came out to start raining havoc.
As far as bringing Guilty up, again, I wanted to utilize the greater number of attacks with more dice.

2) I should've put that turn one order marker on Heirloom instead of Evar like you guys suggested. Bringing him back to attack the 2 skeletons engaged with the Warforged in my startzone would have been much smarter and might have kept him around a little longer.

3) I thought carefully about rushing Scarcarver in to attack Nicky along the top of the map. In the end I decided against it for a number of reasons. I was pretty confident that superfrog had his OM 3 on Nicky (which he did), and I didn't want to expose Scarcarver so much by ending the round in the heart of superfrog's side of the map. While moving along the top of the map, I would've had to have been sure to kill that Skeleton on Wannok with one shot from range, otherwise, superfrog would've moved him up to tie up Scarcarver. If I'd moved Scarcarver adjacent to get the double assault, I didn't think I would be able to reach Nicky to take attacks on him (again assuming OM 3 was on him). Lastly, I wanted to maximize my number of attacks and protect as many figures of mine as I possibly could. So I made True mad and ran back into my start zone like a little scrub.

Anyway. You guys did a good job! I appreciated hearing your perspectives - and there were some really good ideas you guys had in your analysis.

Thanks for doing this!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 26th, 2019, 08:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks like fun. Loving True and Biggas commentary. Ill definitely watch these. Ill have to finish the first one later. Great job guys.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 28th, 2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
@TrueMurray - I'll take being called a scrub considering the joy I felt watching my Havech Eradicators blast through your Havech Eradicators. That and Spiderman dodging all your best attacks. Lol. I felt so loved watching that video.
It's too bad you missed the Monthly yesterday so True could have told you how sorry he was. He said he'll do his best to not be "on one" when we record in the future.

Quote:
I had thought about bringing up Heirloom after the first round, but with the amount of figures superfrog was able to move each turn, I figure by the time I was able to get Heirloom into position to take shots at Skeletons, he would've been able to disperse them pretty easily so that I was able to only hit 1 (maybe 2 if I was lucky) with Heirloom's Force Orb attack. Even if I'd rolled him up earlier, I don't think superfrog would have had his figures clumped as much as he did. Thus, I deferred to the greater chance of multiple attacks (and the chance of rolling more attack dice) by being more aggressive with the Warforged.
That's actually why I love playing Heirloom with the Warforged -- if you're using your OMs and placement to fake out your opponent, they have to worry about an explosion attack and are more prone to spread out, which is what the Warforged love. When they're going against a spread out opponent they get more options with their switches and are less likely to get overwhelmed (which is important due to their relatively high points-per-figure).

Quote:
As far as bringing Guilty up, again, I wanted to utilize the greater number of attacks with more dice.
So the theory I was getting at here was that you'd get free attacks with Guilty. 7 Range vs 4 Move means you don't have to worry about him getting engaged, so you get free pot shots while your opponent is developing. So that would be more attacks with more dice over the long run. If they want to get Guilty, they have to spread themselves pretty thin (already a big commitment vs a 30 point figure), which again plays into the strength of the Warforged, who like to take 1v1 fights. And, like I said, if they slow roll a bit more and take the strong positions on the board, the Warforged can fight that well too with their switching. That's why those long range attackers are a great counterpart for Warforged especially (and melee in general), in my opinion.

Overall it was a really fun game to watch, which is why I watched it twice! Crazy endgames are always fun!

10 Points Under Videos

Old July 28th, 2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
This is a cool idea. I really enjoyed the 1st video.
Hey thanks! I'm glad you're liking it! We've got some really good games coming up (as soon as True and I get time to commentate them -- it's been a busy week).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Looks like fun. Loving True and Biggas commentary. Ill definitely watch these. Ill have to finish the first one later. Great job guys.
Thanks TREX! Glad to have you stopping by! I don't know if you or any of the other HoSS guys play online very much, but I was thinking it would be cool to hopefully get a game with those figures at some point!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports