Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old August 4th, 2022, 12:41 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

I'm so excited! I've got several nephews who have gotten into scape these last couple of years and have had difficulty finding ClassicScape they can afford.

I for one am hoping that there will be reprints (or new figures for classic cards) sometime in the future, in addition to NewScape.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old August 4th, 2022, 12:44 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's been a LONG time since I've logged in (though I've been lurking anonymously). Today's announcement is shocking and excellent, and a great reason for me to dust off the ol' profile. Seeing the list of individuals who have been working on this revival, I have absolutely no doubt about the quality we'll receive when the time comes.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 4th, 2022, 12:55 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A much younger me would've died at unpainted minis but I have since taking up miniature painting so it would be okay. Painting is relaxing and great "podcast" work. A much younger me also had a lot less spending money so I'll be okay if this new Heroscape comes at a higher cost to account for plastic prices or prepainted minis or what have you.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 4th, 2022, 03:18 AM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

I wonder how cognizant the designers were of the customs when designing new units as to not unintentionally create some devastating combos or step on anyones toes in the CV3/SoV. Backwards compatibility is something that appears to be emphasized and the potential to see some C/D listers get their moment in the sun with new synergies is an exciting prospect to be sure. But I wonder if this might come at the expense of units that are in essence "this thing that already exists but 'official'." Im not holding out hope for pre-painted models even if the gencon photo says otherwise. Anything to keep the price down is a win for me. These are truly exciting times.

Last edited by TheIsamu; August 4th, 2022 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old August 4th, 2022, 03:30 AM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart

Beyond thrilled of course that Heroscape is finally back! It's so nostalgic to scroll through and see a bunch of familiar names.

I've noticed a few people mentioning "VC". What does that stand for?

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old August 4th, 2022, 03:37 AM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

Valhalla Customs community made heroscape units: https://danieloche.wixsite.com/dl-hs...alhalla-custom
Old August 4th, 2022, 04:57 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

10 figures in Marvel, 10 figures in BftU, 10 figures here--all unique heroes? If it's red/black OMs this time, that will complete the colors of the five original generals. Those base bevels aren't the same, either--placeholders? What if the minis are packaged separate from the terrain box this time? 24 water tiles? Four 24-hexes in this set, three grass, one rock?

Re: miniatures. Heroquest came unpainted, then and now. And while I'm sure all the back HeroScape catalog will be reprinted, perhaps alternating a new with an old wave--to not reissue the old stuff would NOT be "all in"--maybe the minis are unpainted this time around, a cost savings to be sure, and people have the cards themselves as a color guide. As the Bard so rightfully said:
"...Many a young lad got their start in miniature painting, taking their first delicate steps, with these fine figures."

Last edited by UtahScott; August 4th, 2022 at 05:29 AM.
Old August 4th, 2022, 06:46 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post

HOLD ON! You can post here but NOT show up for BEERS last night?

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 4th, 2022, 07:03 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Can’t tell you all how happy I am to be back. I am honored to be working with some of these amazing folks from the community and absolutely honored that Craig brought me back on board. What an amazing opportunity and I hope, but also know, we will do right by you all.

It’s good to see y’all again my friends. I do wish Rev and Jim were here with us to celebrate, but I know they would approve.
Old August 4th, 2022, 07:20 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
I do wish Rev and Jim were here with us to celebrate, but I know they would approve.
Y'all put their names on two minis, and we'll remember them every time we open the box, Sky. They deserve it.
Old August 4th, 2022, 08:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Existing generals remain.
Hinted at new factions. (I assume there are definitely new generals/factions)
Craig is a permanent part of the team.
"Look to see how [Hasbro] interacts with the HeroQuest community to see how they might interact with C3V/SoV."
Figures will be unpainted because "deco" costs would put the starter set at $400+ Deco alone is more expensive than the figures.
First set will most likely be all unique figures.
First set will include an unspecified quantity of Heroscape terrain (same molds as the original sets).
TBD on reprinting any old days

Source: I am at GenCon and talked to Chris Nadeau (I swear his badge said "Hopkins" or "Hodgkins" the first time I looked)

Edit: also, he emphasized that they are prioritizing accessibility, they want people to be able to get into the game

Edit2: he also would not say when we should expect to be able to give them money for these products; not even a "closer to 3 months or closer to 18 months" type of answer

Edit3: He also said "the story has progressed and the world has changed." Make of that what you will. It was in reference to generals/factions.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; August 4th, 2022 at 08:58 AM.
Old August 4th, 2022, 08:40 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I am about to upload some pics

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion