Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 16th, 2016, 01:42 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Hey so, Why are the Marvel characters on this list? I thought Marvel wasn't included in power rankings?

EDIT:
huh... They're all there. I just never realized it before. Sorry.
Old October 16th, 2016, 02:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They're all in the original one, too.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 27th, 2016, 07:07 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Asterios - I think Asterios is of my favorite units to come out of C3V so far. I just love him thematically. And he's not bad at all. Not quite as nuts as the Hydra, but I think he can fit a similar 120pt. role in certain armies. B+
This is the only one on the list I played with, definitely a strong hero, quite versatile and can tore appart some positions. Btw he's not c3v he's SoV and created by the french community.

I also heard on the french forums that Zettians flyers were strong because annoying as hell.

Old October 28th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Quote:
Asterios - I think Asterios is of my favorite units to come out of C3V so far. I just love him thematically. And he's not bad at all. Not quite as nuts as the Hydra, but I think he can fit a similar 120pt. role in certain armies. B+
This is the only one on the list I played with, definitely a strong hero, quite versatile and can tore appart some positions. Btw he's not c3v he's SoV and created by the french community.

I also heard on the french forums that Zettians flyers were strong because annoying as hell.
Yeah i always forget to differientiate between c3v and sov, i think of them as basically the same thing.

Props to the French community for an awesome figure!
Old January 20th, 2017, 05:00 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well I'm a few months late to the party on this but I figured I'd weigh in on the units I've play tested out of this bunch for what it's worth.

Quote:
53th North Carolina Sharpshooters - I think they are what Deadeye Dan aspired to be haha. They also have a lot of cool strategic ideas. A Laglor/rat build will be annoying to deal with, especially on the right map. They could be helpful cleanup after a wave of venocs in a scout army. Or maybe long range backup with Mohicans? Need to see it in action. B+
I felt that these guys work pretty well in small numbers (about 2 squads). Having only 2 attacks available makes them tricky to build your entire army around as your bread and butter. I preferred to use them as some ranged support to a melee army to lay down some high attack when needed on key targets. B or B+ works for me.

Quote:
Achillean Gladiatrix - The gladiators need more options to combat more matchups, and her potential roll is really nice, but 40pt. is a pain to work with for the gladiators. I desperately wish she was 30/35pt., or make her weaker and at like 20pt. In higher point games she'll be available and much more practical. But in common tournaments she's difficult to make room for. B- maybe B if higher point totals
I think you nailed the assessment on this one. It's great to have a ranged options for the Gladiators and she can potentially (though rarely) kill two figures on her own. 40 points is expensive for a common hero, however, so actually making her work in gladiator armies really depends on the point total. Javelin is a frustrating power since you check after you move, making it more of an incidental attack than anything that affects your plans. She probably works out to a B- in practice given other options.

Quote:
Asterios is great fun for an SoV unit. I'll have to grab him for a tournament one of these times. He's no Hydra since he only really excels against your typical common squad but he performs that job well. B+ sounds good.

Quote:
Beorn Boltcutter - Very cool hero for the Dwarves. His upgrade ability is cool but it's really only powerful with Zetacron (but it's a sick combo, not really complaining, Zetacron's good); you could use one of the Q's and try to play more of a defensive long range game I suppose. When more soulborgs that are powerful normal attackers arrive he'll shine more, but for now Zetacron's you're man. Sabotage is great for some matchups making him a pretty good small hero running around nonetheless. B
You are right about Zetacron being the best option. The only reason he really works is because the axegrinders are good in the first place. Zetacron can fit easily enough with their army and make him earn his keep. His soulborg hate is pretty incidental. B about works given the axegrinders.

Quote:
Bramcephys - The most expensive figure in 'scape, and what a beast he is. In the competitive seen of common squads and screens he faces some limitations, but I think as long as the map doesn't suck he'll do good damage. In certain matchups and scenarios he could be as high as an A fig imo but overall I think a B+ is a safe call. Really fun to field. B+
I think you are probably pushing him a little high. He has some devastating potential but he's far from reliable. He'll easily earn his points if you can get a few turns of him being enraged but otherwise he is a lot of points with not that much support. He feels more like non-bonding Jotun in some ways. I'll probably still try him with the goblin cutters one of these tournaments if only because I think he'll be a lot of fun.

Quote:
Cormin the Dark - A cool figure but I don't know how good he'll be in a competitive environment. Pretty good with a lot of rats on your side though. I originally thought he was better, I thought you could use Facade more than once per turn, but it's limited to only one, and one attempt. 75pt. isn't too too pricey, but I can't get passed only 4 life 2 defense. And Stab in the Back obviously doesn't help any. B-
You are probably right with the B-. He's costed a little high but he's a fun hero who can hit pretty hard for his cost. My favorite pairing was to put him with Akumaken. Samurai and rats are okay but not that great. He's better against melee where he can facade out of engagement and avoid further attacks.

Quote:
Jarek Guy - The Mariedian army is coming together. A solid hero altogether, in and outside of a Mariedian build. I hope to see more synergy with the faction. B/B+
Jarek is a solid hero anyway you slice it. He gives some nice versatility between his high normal attack and respectable special. Ranking looks good to me.

Quote:
Josie Whistletop - She reminds me a lot of Moriko and that's not a good thing haha. . She's definitely better but still weak. Taelord/Laglor is actually powerful but that's a lot to invest in a figure that's only 2 defense/5 life. Maybe if Lawmen/Outlaws get some synergy they'll be stronger. B-
Josie is very dependent on attack boosts but is too vulnerable to build your army around. She might earn her keep if you slide her into an army that needs ranged support and can boost her in the process but I wouldn't count on her beyond that. She suffers if she doesn't have height.

Quote:
Red Ants of Aunstrum - I wish I had these guys, I think they're actually pretty nice. It's just hard to dislike a four squad that's 40pt.; they have movement, they have efficiency, and they have attack. Plus Marcus (and enough points to enter into a Roman build). B+
It's tough to go too wrong with a 4 figure squad. They can deal a lot of damage if you can get them set up but it's easy to lose them along the way. Sometimes you really need an initiative switch to get them in position and really take advantage of the attack boost. My gut says they are closer to the B side of things since they require their own army to build around and I don't feel that they are quite strong enough given other options.

[
Quote:
Seleena - A decent fig to add to your Skahen agent build. B
Hybrids around the Werewolf Lord is a bit of a trap. She's a decent ranged filler but she has to contend with some other solid options around her price point. B is probably about right.

Quote:
Teeth of the Makwa - I like these dudes a lot. The whole scout/mohican army continues to get cooler. I'm hoping another tribesman hero is released soon (which I'm expecting will happen). I might be a tad overrating them because of the hype, but they're certainly viable. B+
I haven't done their most recent iteration but these guys are deceptively powerful. I think they are best used as a secondary force to back up some melee screen, only taking over once their hero has moved them into position. B+ sounds good to me.

Quote:
The Varja - This is easily the hardest unit for me to rate out of these figures. I feel like in some relevant matchups he's (gender?) borderline broken. Not saying that he's the best figure ever or hurts the game, but I think he's seriously powerful. But, I reeeeeeeeally need to see how he plays in actual games, maybe he's not all that. I think I'll put him at A- for now because I'm too unsure. A-
The Varja is a weird one. I've had trouble making it work in a conventional army but I find it can work surprisingly well if you build entirely around it. Keep the enemy melee tied down with rats then run in and out to take out Order Markers and pepper them with high ranged attacks. You don't need multiple attacks a round if your opponent is missing their turns. I think A- may be high but it's hard to say. B+?

Quote:
Xualtiaca Fire Ants - Really strong against certain melee matchups, and not bad against melee altogether. I'm kind of reluctant to rate them up there with the Aunstrum; they're more of an offensive force and offensive board control but still having only 2 def and no other defensive abilities is worrisome. But I dunno, they're still only 55pt., and pairing with Phantom Knights always exist. I need to play them. B/B+
They don't work quite as well against solid common squads like Knights but they can be the bane to expensive, defensive squads. I've had more luck with them than the Red Ants of Aunstrum, personally, but I agree with your overall assessment.
Old January 28th, 2017, 02:55 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

^yeah I'd need to play more with Bramcephys. The time I played him I was playing my cousin who's pretty much a novice and took out basically his whole army with him. There was like two crucial order marker placements that he flubbed. I was running Bramcephys + Mezzos and activated the Mezzos only like twice for fun.

He's a very map dependent figure. But I still think he's pretty good.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 09:38 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Hey all,

I'm going to do a long-overdue update to these rankings this week, including all the new stuff. If you have any comments on past or new rankings, feel free to give your thoughts here now. If you have comments on some of the older-but-still-not-in-the-first-post figures, do check out the last few pages of comments first. Thanks!
Old October 22nd, 2017, 10:09 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Hey all,

I'm going to do a long-overdue update to these rankings this week, including all the new stuff. If you have any comments on past or new rankings, feel free to give your thoughts here now. If you have comments on some of the older-but-still-not-in-the-first-post figures, do check out the last few pages of comments first. Thanks!
So Jarek Guy and beyond haven't been ranked, and Ashi-Dhulu and beyond haven't been talked about. Is that about right?

I'll try to add some thoughts over the next day or two. Thanks for updating this!
Old October 22nd, 2017, 10:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
So Jarek Guy and beyond haven't been ranked, and Ashi-Dhulu and beyond haven't been talked about. Is that about right?

I'll try to add some thoughts over the next day or two. Thanks for updating this!
I'd have to double check to be sure but that sounds correct.
Old October 27th, 2017, 05:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Any chance the new units are getting updated soon? Hoping to hold a B- tournament next month!

Here are some completely uneducated off-the-cuff thoughts:

Jarek Guy: A solid hero in his own right who brings a special attack to the M43s and has a bunch of other random synergies that probably aren't worth mentioning. B

Prince al'Kahora: Doesn't synergize with anything special, but he makes one heck of a clean-up hero. B-

Asterios: Amazing stats and powers against most commons. Templar Cavalry would love riding down this Legendary Creature. B+

Red Ants of Aunstrom: Devastating for the price when they get into position, but they need Raelin to get there and fill up the start zone quickly. B

Beorn Boltcutter: Cheap bonding option with some niche uses. In theory you could bond with him to upgrade a soulborg (probably Zeta, Omega, or the new 616), load 2 dwarves on Mok, and move 2 more, but that's an expensive and complex army. B

Garrett Burns: Quickdraw is pretty cool, but he's a bland single-attack hero most of the time. C+

Josie Whistlestop: You have to invest in other ways to take advantage of her power (Taelord, Laglor, etc), or at least have height. She's pretty fragile though. B-

Seleena: Another Hybrid for the Werewolf Lord, otherwise probably doesn't replace Guilty or Kira in most armies. B-

20th Maine Volunteers: Hold Ground plus Marcus or Gilbert lets them get into position pretty well in Roman or Knight armies, providing some ranged synergy. Downhill attack can be welcome, but their stats as a 3-man squad aren't great otherwise. B-

Tomb Skeleton Archers: Two ranged attacks of 3 for 30 points is fine if you can manage it. Great cheap fun in a dungeon, though. C+

Achillean Gladiatrix: Nice to have some range for the Gladiators, but a pair of these will cost you another hero or squad. Great filler for odd point totals. B

Xualtiaca Fire Ants: Like the other ants, they need Raelin to get going. They can plow through anything once they do, but they also cost more than their cousins. B-

Zettian Deathwings: Big explosions for cheap that are difficult to stop, they could possibly find use as a one-off squad in many armies. B+

Bramcephys: A lot of potential tied up in a lot of points. If he falls before taking out key opponents, you're in a lot of trouble. C+

The Varja: Terrifies (ranged) squads as he can assault them and their OMs at-will. Can be quite potent despite the single attack at 160 points. B

Cormin the Dark: Incredibly annoying with Rats and such and packs a punch for 75 points. Suffers from single-attack-non-bonding-hero-syndrome (SANBHS), though. B-

Ashi-Dhulu: Surprisingly fast and difficult to stop with both his powers. Really needs to leverage Devour + attack turns to make the most of him. B

Urk: Really great champ for the Cutters if you can keep your opponent busy with them and throw 6 attack. B+

53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters: Even for a 2-man squad, they can pack quite a hefty long-range punch. Won't hold board position very well, but should easily get their money's worth in the meantime. B+

Teeth of the Makwa: Great follow-up to Mohicans and Brave Arrow. The trick is finding the right mix of squads. B+

Sentinels of Grax: Almost like getting a pair of heroes for 100 points with their awesome stats. It's just too bad you'll reach for the Krav first. B

Brute Gruts: Absolute bargain in the Attack department. Put the Tarn to shame. B+

Heracles: The combination of powers and stats make him incredibly strong against almost everything. A

Hrognak: As if Heavy Gruts weren't good enough, now they're faster and bring a ranged attack! A

Patrick Ferguson: Defensively decent for 40 ranged points. Really wants to shoot Raelin but usually can't. C+

Pel the Hill Giant: Can be manipulated by the opponent, but that's fine when you're bringing 6 Attack bonding to multiple squads with 4 Attack of their own. 3 Defense and 6 Life sub-100 points is pretty sturdy, too, despite his weaknesses. B+

Durgeth Ravagers: Neat twist on bonding, they're all offense all the time. Just aim for the best attacks and hope Hide in Swamp actually saves you once or twice. B+

Darkprowl Thrall: The weakest stats of a Thrall so far, they do OK against range and bring a potentially repeatable SA. Even more painful to lose to their own Pounce than WoB, though. C

Nottingham Brigand: Decent run-n-gun "squad" of 2 for 70 points. Can load up on lots of cheap Rogue heroes, too. Nothing ground-breaking at the moment, though. B

Executioner 616: Detonation is a fun and well-designed power, but he costs more than Minions for the same Attack/Defense/Life without the 3 attacks (not to mention the need to give up his one attack for Detonation). B

Viceron the Blood Knight: Somewhere between Brimstone and Cyprien, and not as good as either. At least he's cheaper. B-

Kon-Tar-Na: Solids stats and abilities for 150 and can bond with both Nagrubs and Death Knights. Might do better with the latter since the former might not be able to keep up with his Leaping to heal him. B+

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; October 29th, 2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old October 30th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Baron of Beantown V

I'm way too tired right now to write descriptions, but here are my theorized (because i haven't played most of these) rankings for all the stuff still to be added. Some of my rankings have changed from my previous ranking-post.

As per usual with C3V, most of the units are between the B and A- range.

Jarek Guy - B
Prince Al'Kahora - B-
Asterios - B+
Red Ants of Aunstrum - B+ (Maybe overrating them, but I love them, shut up :P)
Beorn Boltcutter - B+
Garret Burns - C
Josie Whistlestop - C+
Seleena - B
20th Maine Volunteers - A-
Tomb Skeleton Archers - C+
Achillean Gladiatrix - B-
Xualtaica Fire Ants - B+
Zettian Deathwings - B?
Bramcephys - B+
The Varja - ?
Cormin the Dark - C+
Ashi-Dhulu - B+
Urk - B
53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters - B+
Teeth of the Makwa - B
Sentinels of Grax - A- (probably not, but I love these guys a lot too )
Brute Gruts - A
Heracles - A-
Hrognak - A-
Patrick Ferguson - B
Pel the Hill Giant - B+
Durgeth Ravagers - B+
Darkprowl Thrawl - C
Nottingham Brigand - B
Executioner 616 - B
Viceron the Blood Knight - B-
Kon-Tar-Na - A-

I'm quite unsure about the Zettian Deathwings without playing them (they're at least a B though), and completely lost on the Varja.

Lots of really cool units, I think my favorite are the Sentinels, Red Ants, and Asterios.

Last edited by Cleon; October 31st, 2017 at 04:14 AM.
Old October 30th, 2017, 06:48 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Also I think Tornak and MacDirks should both move up from C+ to B.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs