Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old August 11th, 2016, 06:43 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Got my internet up and running at house again. I am fine with the wording on the Parkour movement as it is save for one element. I think her leap shoul only be done during or after her move. It only makes sense that she needs a running start to be able to leap. So therefore it would look like this. As a side not once we are done tweaking this, I think we should consider using this to update Enzo Auditore.

PARKOUR MOVEMENT
When moving, Faith is never attacked with leaving engagement attacks. She ignores height limits, may move through all figures, and may climb obstacles such as ruins. At any point during, or after moving normally, Faith may Leap. Leap has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles. Faith may not leap more than 7 levels up or down in a single leap. After leaping, Faith may continue moving.
Old August 12th, 2016, 12:26 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
I am fine with the wording on the Parkour movement as it is save for one element. I think her leap should only be done during or after her move. It only makes sense that she needs a running start to be able to leap.
I had thought of this.
In RL, Parkour people can do amazing jumps without first running.
In function, there are aspects that work better if the mode is available at all three stages.
In brief, if she has to move before jumping, the amount must be defined, which will add extra lines to the power.

In summary, functionality and reality and theme match previous method.

However, effective move 9 has been bothering me. Dropping her to Move 4 to offset would be just as bad. I say bump the leap back down to standard 3. Effective move 8.

Propose:
PARKOUR MOVEMENT (C)
When moving, Faith is never attacked with leaving engagement attacks. She ignores height limits, may move through all figures, and may climb obstacles such as ruins. At any point before, during, or after moving normally, Faith may Leap. Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles. Faith may not leap more than 7 levels up or down in a single leap. After leaping, Faith may continue moving.

testing
PARKOUR MOVEMENT (J)
When moving, Faith is never attacked with leaving engagement attacks. She ignores height limits, may move through all figures, and may climb obstacles such as ruins. At any point before, during, or after moving normally, Faith may Leap. Leap has a move of 1. If Faith previously moved 3 or more spaces in a straight line, Leap has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles. Faith may not leap more than 7 levels up or down in a single leap. After leaping, Faith may continue moving.

Spoiler Alert!

Edit: Not 100% confident on phrasing: "3 or more" vs say "at least 3" or something else. Sources?
"or higher" has precedent, so "or more" might be comparable enough to pass. Source?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old August 12th, 2016, 01:03 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

I think "at least 3" is most along heroscape lines, "or higher" is typically reserved for d20 rolls and doesn't sound right in context, while "or more" is usually used for combat rolls. "At least" is used for combat roll powers sometimes, but not usually. I'm kinda spitballing on this as well, didn't research before typing this. These are my thoughts on J, I'm more inclined to C myself, but ultimately this decision is up to @McHotcakes .

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old August 12th, 2016, 04:39 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One thing if we lower her move to 4, even with her leap she will not be able toclimb over a ruin, which was one of the things @McHotcakes wanted. Unless we alos put the counting 3 levels up as 1 movement into it as well. Like so

PARKOUR MOVEMENT
When moving, Faith is never attacked with leaving engagement attacks. She ignores height limits, may move through all figures, and may climb obstacles such as ruins. When moving up in elevation, every 3 levels of elevations count as 1. At any point before, during, or after moving normally, Faith may Leap. Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles. Faith may not leap more than 7 levels up or down in a single leap. After leaping, Faith may continue moving.
Old August 12th, 2016, 09:08 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Imo lowering her Move to 4 is out of the question.

Old August 12th, 2016, 11:53 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Same, Faith is naturally fast and we need to keep that on the card.

I think Jc's wording will work, It would allow her to climb a ruin, It would give her effective move 7 or 8, preferably the latter, and it fits thematically.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old August 12th, 2016, 02:34 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

So sorry for the absence everyone. I'll try and be more active and get this design finished.

Quote:
I absolutely agree with this. In Heroscape 4 is reserved for the 'slow' units. Shambling zombies and lumbering mechs.

I believe 6 move is definitely the best fit for her. 6 seems to be the "peak" of human speed, citing the ninjas as my basis for that. Anything below 6 is too slow, and anything above 6 makes Faith too superhuman imo.

So I believe a base 6 move with added movement abilities through climbing is the best way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post

PARKOUR MOVEMENT
When moving, Faith is never attacked with leaving engagement attacks. She ignores height limits, may move through all figures, and may climb obstacles such as ruins. When moving up in elevation, every 3 levels of elevations count as 1. At any point before, during, or after moving normally, Faith may Leap. Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles. Faith may not leap more than 7 levels up or down in a single leap. After leaping, Faith may continue moving.
I like this version of Parkour Movement. I have some ideas for an alternate version of Leap, but for the movement parts of the power I think is a good place to be in. I think if we can keep what this power does, and just tweak the wording a little, it will be final version for the card.

Quote:
Parkour Movement
Faith may move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When Faith moves up in elevation, every 3 levels counts as 1 move. Faith has no height limit, may climb over obstacles such as ruins, and never rolls for falling damage. At any point before, during, or Faith's move, Faith may leap. Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, and leap over obstacles.
This is a slightly tweaked version. I rearranged some words and took out what I think are some redundancies.

Now here is my idea for a new version of Leap
Quote:
At any point before, during or after Faith's move, Faith may leap. To leap place Faith on any empty space with 3 spaces. That space may be no more than 7 levels above Faith's base.
My rational for this is that the current wording for Leap is actually a series of small leaps as opposed to one big leap. As Confred mentioned, Faith is supposed to leap across large gaps between buildings. Having her have 3 moves of 7 height doesn't really accomplish that thought.

Say for instance, if Faith was on a castle wall that was ten levles high, and she wanted to get to a nearby castle wall that was 3 spaces away but also ten levels high she wouldn't be able to do it with current wording. However with this version Faith can be places on the other castle wall which would be represented as being one big jump. Just a thought I had.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 14th, 2016, 09:19 PM

Parkour is the art of movent.
The route Faith takes is a part of her lore. Just as her movent powers shouldn't feel like flying, her powers shouldn't teleport.

Old August 15th, 2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
The route Faith takes is a part of her lore. Just as her movent powers shouldn't feel like flying, her powers shouldn't teleport.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Say for instance, if Faith was on a castle wall that was ten levles high, and she wanted to get to a nearby castle wall that was 3 spaces away but also ten levels high she wouldn't be able to do it with current wording. However with this version Faith can be places on the other castle wall which would be represented as being one big jump. Just a thought I had.
I think you are wrong on this. The way it is worded is fine, IMO. We have basically put a special move( the leap) in with her normal move. If she were to run to the edge of said wall that was 10 levels high and leap 3 space over to the other wall that was 3 spaces away and 10 levels high it would work.

However a little minor tweak, Per the earlier suggestion by @Confred I bolded the tweak.

PARKOUR MOVEMENT
When moving, Faith is never attacked with leaving engagement attacks. She ignores height limits, may move through all figures, and may climb obstacles such as ruins. When moving up in elevation, every 3 levels of elevations count as 1. At any point before, during, or after moving normally, Faith may Leap. Leap has a move of 3. If Faith moves at least 3 space before using Leap, it has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles. Faith may not leap more than 7 levels up or down in a single leap. After leaping, Faith may continue moving.

Basically this will give her an extra space distance if she has a running start.
Old August 15th, 2016, 07:44 AM

Here is an updated card with my tweaked version above on it. Also slightly different artwork. But if you all prefer the original I can put that back in.
Old August 15th, 2016, 05:18 PM

Barry allen is surprisingly tart
Question Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
Perfectly stated. She doesn't run/jump(Been watching A LOT of Mirror's Edge gameplay lately) . If anyone has played any mario bros. game, you should know how to wall jump. Her "leaping" is similar. She sort of runs up the walls by jumping off objects protruding from the wall onto other objects or just leaps over gaps between buildings. For example, she jumps onto a box, then jumps on to a windowsill and as soon as she lands jumps to the next window sill and so on. So she can easily climb up walls and leap over gaps. how about this.

Parkour Movement
When moving Faith Connors, you may move over obstacle. Faith Connors counts any elevation changes of 3 or less as one space. At any point during her movement, Faith Connors may Parkour Leap. Parkour Leap Has a Move of three. When using parkour leap Faith Connors may ignore elevation changes up to seven. When Faith Connors begins to move she will not take any leaving engagement attacks
Old August 15th, 2016, 05:40 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Word Choice

Shouldn't it be "by leaving engagement attacks"?

~Dysole, stopping in for her word check

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum