Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Hulk is Better?
Marvel Incredible Hulk 31 60.78%
C3G Incredible Hulk 20 39.22%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 10th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #65 -- Incredible Hulks!

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

This Unit Debate was selected by Griffin.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Unit Debate #65 -- Incredible Hulks!

Well, they've both got awesome sculpts and good stats, but I think the defensive boost On the C3G Hulk puts him over the top, even though it is somewhat harder to activate .
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Well, they've both got awesome sculpts and good stats, but I think the defensive boost On the C3G Hulk puts him over the top, even though it is somewhat harder to activate .
They are exactly the same sculpt.

(Which I admit is a rarity for C3G to do. But at least they repositioned him for the picture.)
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

I would definitely say that C3G Hulk would win head to head. With no reason to disengage, the rage marker will stay on, and his defense will keep him alive.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
They are exactly the same sculpt.

(Which I admit is a rarity for C3G to do. But at least they repositioned him for the picture.)
I knew that .
Old July 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
I would definitely say that C3G Hulk would win head to head. With no reason to disengage, the rage marker will stay on, and his defense will keep him alive.
Really? I'd think that the Marvel Hulk would win head to head. 6 attack on 6 defense will on average yield a wound per attack, so the Marvel Hulk will get angry at around an even pace with the C3G Hulk getting harder to bring down, but if the Marvel Hulk strategically disengages at the end of each round to calm the C3G Hulk, it'd be an easy win for the Marvel Hulk. The Marvel Hulk has one more life, if it comes to that.
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You are right veg. If you lose initiative you could disengage and Soothe the Beast. It would require luck and timing to pull off though. If you can not Soothe the C3G Hulk he is nearly unstoppable, just like the comic Hulk.

Maxed out, original Hulk - Attack 11 Defense 6 C3G Hulk - Attack 12 Defense 12

I think the original Hulk is perfect for a novice but C3G Hulk is supremely vicious in the hands of a skilled player.

Peace Griffin, always.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; July 10th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:39 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No contest here. Original Hulk FTW! I never could get behind the theme of Hulk "calming down" in the middle of a battle.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
Really? I'd think that the Marvel Hulk would win head to head. 6 attack on 6 defense will on average yield a wound per attack, so the Marvel Hulk will get angry at around an even pace with the C3G Hulk getting harder to bring down, but if the Marvel Hulk strategically disengages at the end of each round to calm the C3G Hulk, it'd be an easy win for the Marvel Hulk. The Marvel Hulk has one more life, if it comes to that.
But if the Marvel Hulk disengages, he doesn't have an attack that turn...

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old July 11th, 2012, 12:16 AM

Dwarvenwarrior123 is surprisingly tart

Marvel Hulk is better I have played the C3G varient and he gets destroyed! I just think that soothe the beast and that loss of a extra life puts the orignal Hulk over the edge.

Old July 11th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

This is tough. Marvel Hulk is easier to use and a ton of fun. C3G Hulk is tricky to use and unstoppable when used correctly. I vote C3G.
Old July 11th, 2012, 11:09 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Disclaimer: I've only used C3G Hulk once (in a 4-way), and he plays pretty similarly to the official one, though the rage marker does make it easier to stay in the thick of it vs large groups/ranged attacks.

I feel that Marvel's Hulk has the edge, even if he doesn't end the round by disengaging and setting up the next battle. The classic Krug-style smash power builds to such a violent crescendo that the enormous number of attack dice alone would likely overwhelm the C3G Hulk at the end of the fight.

I guess it comes down to whether the conditional boost (which includes defense) or the unconditional boost proves more useful.

I think I'll spend some free-time tonight giving this a few goes...

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's