Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 20th, 2007, 06:01 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
My Friend, and Line Of Sight (LOS)

No matter what, my friend can ALWAYS see my figures, even though the figure is clearly FULLY hidden behind a ruin or what ever.

Solutions? I've tried to get him to trace LOS right, putting your head behind his aiming figure's head, yada yada yada.

But, when he puts his head behind the aiming figure, his head is always slightly above the figure, so it's more like a, "3rd person view" than a, "1st person view".

How much is a laser pointer? Just a cheap one. How about a piece of string, will that work?

I could hide anything behind a ruin, and he could see it. (Okay, not EVERYTHING, but if it's an Imperium, he can always see it, even though the only things you can see are non-hit zones)
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:04 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I find a kick in the shin or a slap to the back of the head yeilds the desired results.

If he is too lame or dumb to see it, then just roll the D20 to resolve the dispute and move on.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:07 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Punch him in the neck.

Twice.

He's destroying the fun of the game by trying too hard to win and lying, apparently.
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
I have Z-Ray vision, I can see your figures right now.

~Spyhunter- Who is NOT a stalker

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:30 PM

Free has disabled reputation
You should be able to find a laser pointer at a dollar store for about.....a dollar or so.

Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats.
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:48 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
I find a kick in the shin or a slap to the back of the head yeilds the desired results.

If he is too lame or dumb to see it, then just roll the D20 to resolve the dispute and move on.
I'm not letting him win by rolling a D20. I'm not going to let him nuetralize an imperium just becuase his goodyear blimp LOS can see it.

I took the castle, ruins are on the top of the castle, i've hidden a squad of imperium behind one of those ruins, careful to make sure you can't see them while following the rules and one squad of stingers at a time is not going to take it back becuase YOU CAN'T SEE MY IMPERIUM. You should of figured that out, and picked something that is tall enough or whatever to be able to see my figures and take back the castle.

Everything is symmetrical, with a castle in the middle (I've given my castle set a second chance) with ruins on top of it.

I don't want to have to stop using ruins on maps becuase you have goodyear blimp LOS.

BTW, I have changed my opinion on the castle. It is awesome.
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Maybe you could try using Nakitas. Even if he thinks he can see them, a 13+ will tell him that he can't.

Or you could just play Nilfheim- there's no use hiding him anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:31 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Yeah, I'd say a swift chop to the neck should do the trick.
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:53 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Quote:

I'm not letting him win by rolling a D20. I'm not going to let him nuetralize an imperium just becuase his goodyear blimp LOS can see it.
I understand your frustatration; sounds like the type of player I would quit associating with. It really sucks when you have to put up with a-holes and rules nazis just to play this great game. Good luck to you.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 21st, 2007, 05:02 AM

CaptainJack102 has disabled reputation
Quote:
i would do this if my rule breaking friend was not so much bigger and stronger

add a drop of lavender to your bath and soon you will soak yourself calm
Old November 21st, 2007, 05:16 AM

Kris has disabled reputation
There are no rules against bad sportsmanship, but here's a little trick to ease (honest) los appreciation : instead of standing behind the shooter, stand behind the target and see if you can hide the shooter's head with any body part of the target.
I don't know why but it's more obvious that way. Or is it just me ?
Old November 21st, 2007, 05:52 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Poke him in the eye.

At least then he'll only be able to see half as much.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's