Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 16th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Alien Warrior (Design Phase)

I like it. Seems like a nice, fun, elegant design. I agree the theme on Shedding Skin is a bit lost, though, which is a shame, because I love it mechanically.

Shedding Skin is meant to trigger Acidic Blood, right? Fun combo, if so.

It should say Uncommon Hero, not just Uncommon in the left box.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I don't think the Skin Shedding aspect is really needed here.
Understandable. The theme is lost and I don't really like the idea of having additional markers on the card (it over complicates a design that should be kept fairly simple overall) However, if the thematic aspects of the Alien Warrior/Drone life cycle aren't needed/desired then I personally would feel inclined to take this Warrior design and merge it w/ the Drone design:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone Design for Reference

Coordinated Assault Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 0 + Special.

After moving, if no Alien Drones you control attack normally this turn, you may use this special attack. Choose an opponent's figure to attack that is engaged with at least 3 Alien Drones you control. Add 1 to your attack number for this attack for each Alien Drone you control adjacent to the chosen figure.

Acidic Blood
If [Figure] receives at least one wound, choose 1 adjacent figure for each wound received. One at a time, roll 1 unblockable attack die against each chosen figure.

Expert Climbing
When counting spaces for Alien Drones' movement, elevation changes up to 2 levels count as one space. you may ignore Alien Drones' height of 5 when climbing. Alien Drones never take falling damage or major falling damage.
...and just call them Aliens. Cuz really that is the only thing that was really separating the two (Aside: Additionally many Alien fans would argue that Drones/Warriors are the same...just at different stages of maturation; Added to the fact that the difference is lost to most casual fans)... Instead they could be a 3 or 4 figure common squad w/ the following power set:

Quote:
COORDINATED ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK

ACIDIC BLOOD

EXPERT CLIMBING
However, we would be losing the thematic aspect of having some kind of Alien Tail strike. Perhaps this could be satisfactorily addressed by upping the movement of the Aliens, dropping Expert Climbing, and, per Viegon's idea, insert something akin to the following:

Quote:
XENOMORPH TAIL STRIKE

An Alien may add 1 to its range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than its height or 4 levels lower than its base.
By combining the two designs we'd have a nice subtle dose of thematic strategic movement (Coordinated Assault and Acidic Blood) for both players and the Tail Strike, which would make for a nice simple design that will easily blend in with the long-term outlook for the Xenomorph faction.

Thoughts?
Old March 16th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Why don't you show what it would look like all written up.
Old March 16th, 2014, 09:54 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I had an idea for a increase power kind of power linked to initiative wins but never found a good use for it. If I adapt it like below it might be something that fits your theme:

Quote:
XENOMORTH GROWTH
If you win initiative you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card and place a Growth Marker on this card. Add one to this Alien Warrior's Move, Attack and Defense for each Growth Marker on this card. You can only have a maximum of 4 Growth Markers on this card.
Maximum of 4 could be dropped to 3, and all other base stats would need to be reconsidered. For example the Move would need to drop if you want to keep that aspect in the above power.
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Since many fans consider them about the same, I like the thought of combing the designs into one.

When I think about the Warriors, Drones class in Scape, I see squads, but that just might be me.

Coordinated Assault SA, Acidic Blood, and Xenomorph Tail Strike as the abilities, sounds fun to me.

C3G team building links.
Old March 17th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I feel like the "lone alien that strikes from the shadows," like in Alien, has a very different feel than the ones they fight in Aliens. From what I understand the first one is the Drone and the second are Warriors, and I see them being pretty distinct, honestly.
Old March 17th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I don't now about the theme, but if it's the "age difference" between the two types that's the differing factor, is it necessary to show this one as maturing during the battle? Wouldn't making it a stronger uncommon hero as opposed to a weaker squad imply strongly enough the differing level of maturity?

I think a design with Acidic Blood, some sort of Tail power (not SA), and a shadow ambush like ability would be pretty cool, especially if there's intended synergy later.

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Great commentaries all around.

I like A3n's idea for growth and I think it could work, if we decide to incorporate the power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
I feel like the "lone alien that strikes from the shadows," like in Alien, has a very different feel than the ones they fight in Aliens. From what I understand the first one is the Drone and the second are Warriors, and I see them being pretty distinct, honestly.
I feel inclined to agree with you. There is a significantly different feel between the two types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon

I don't now about the theme, but if it's the "age difference" between the two types that's the differing factor, is it necessary to show this one as maturing during the battle? Wouldn't making it a stronger uncommon hero as opposed to a weaker squad imply strongly enough the differing level of maturity?
I agree. However, the issue is that the Drone is a younger and weaker uncommon hero and the Warrior is a more mature and stronger common squad.

That said, I think your question is worth some consideration, how much does it really add to have the Drone maturate? It may be best to address the maturation/life cycle process via a future synergy (facehuggers and/or eggs and maybe even use a similar mechanic as the one laid out by A3n). But before we get too caught up in this detail let's sort out the following:

Based on the comments received thus far, I see the following options:

Quote:
A: Combine the Warrior/Drone designs and make this design into an Aliens squad
B: Separately design the Alien Drone from the Alien Warrior Squad.
In regard to A:

It'd be a Common Squad w/ stats and powers along the lines of:

Life = 1
Move = 4-6
Range = 1
Attack = 5
Defense = 4 or 5

Quote:
COORDINATED ASSAULT SA
Range 1. Attack 0 + Special.
After moving, if no Alien Drones you control attack normally this turn, you may use this special attack. Choose an opponent's figure to attack that is engaged with at least 3 Alien Drones you control. Add 1 to your attack number for this attack for each Alien Drone you control adjacent to the chosen figure.

ACIDIC BLOOD
If [Figure] receives at least one wound, choose 1 adjacent figure for each wound received. One at a time, roll 1 unblockable attack die against each chosen figure.

XENOMORPH TAIL STRIKE
An Alien may add 1 to its range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than its height or 4 levels lower than its base. If this Alien Drone occupies a shadow space add one skull to the attack roll.
In regard to B:

It'd be an Uncommon Hero

Life = 1 (bcuz it'd seem weird for it to have more life than a Warrior; although we can address concerns here later)

Move = 2 or 5
Range = 1
Attack = 2 or 4
Defense = 2 or 4

Quote:
XENOMORPH GROWTH (Optional; We could leave the design w/ just two powers or add an Acidic Spit SA or Expert Climbing)
If you win initiative you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card
and place a Growth Marker on this card. Add one to this Alien Warrior's
Move, Attack and Defense for each Growth Marker on this card. You can
only have a maximum of 4 Growth Markers on this card.

ACIDIC BLOOD
If this Alien receives at least one wound, choose 1 adjacent figure for each wound received. One at a time, roll 1 unblockable attack die against each chosen figure.

XENOMORPH TAIL STRIKE
An Alien may add 1 to its range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than its height or 4 levels lower than its base. If this Alien Drone occupies a shadow space add one skull to the attack roll.
Please vote.

Last edited by Hellfire; March 17th, 2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Alien Warrior - VOTE (Design Phase)

Both would be fine with me, but based solely on mechanics, I have a slight preference for B (though I think it'd be better off without the growth power).

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Both would be fine with me, but based solely on mechanics, I have a slight preference for B (though I think it'd be better off without the growth power).

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm going to be a bit more pragmatic here and ask an important question before I vote:

Which path do the available minis best support? How many minis are available for this and how can they best be used (in more designs or fewer)? As in, will there be some really cool minis unlikely to be used if we condense? Or are there so few minis or are they so rare that condensing can be advantageous? I think the answer for me lies in the answers to those questions.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2014, 11:11 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

C. I think the younger weaker Drones should be a squad & the Warrior be a stronger Uncommon Hero. I think it would be cooler to have lots of Drones running around making mob attacks & a few Warriors striking from shadows (from the roof would be even better ).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library