Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 13th, 2016, 07:15 PM

Gutudak knows what's in an order marker Gutudak knows what's in an order marker
The Book of Glyph of Utility: Bolas

The Book of Glyph of Utility: Bolas

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

Card PDF

Glyph PDF

Glyph Bio - "There will always be enemies that are bigger, stronger, and faster - through the power of entanglement, a pair of bolas will make even the biggest, strongest, and fastest enemies fumble at their feet."

-Type of Glyph-
  • Equipment Glyph: See the rules for Equipment Glyphs HERE.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits ReceivedSynergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; November 5th, 2021 at 12:37 AM.
Old January 13th, 2016, 07:16 PM

Re: The Book of Glyph of Utility: Bolas

GLYPH OF UTILITY: BOLAS
(Movement Prevention, Defense -1)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

When this glyph comes into play, place 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking with this figure, you may choose a small, medium, or large figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure that does not have a Bolas Marker on its card. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher and the chosen figure is a Unique Hero, place a Bolas Marker from this card on the chosen figure's card. If you roll 12 or higher and the chosen figure is not a Unique Hero, remove a Bolas Marker from this card and inflict a wound on the chosen figure. A figure with one of this glyph's Bolas Markers on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When an affected figure receives one or more wounds or is destroyed, remove the Bolas Marker on its card from the game. Instead of taking a turn with an affected figure, the player controlling that figure may remove that Bolas Marker from the game.

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 27th, 2019 at 12:09 AM.
Old January 13th, 2016, 07:18 PM

If changes are going to made I liked IAmBatman's post for revising it to a 3 marker use item. I am open to any suggestions and comments you have
Old January 13th, 2016, 07:24 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'm digging the changes Bats suggested as well. So something like this:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Start the game with 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, remove that black Bola Marker from the game.
Old January 14th, 2016, 09:20 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I'm digging the changes Bats suggested as well. So something like this:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Start the game with 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, remove that black Bola Marker from the game.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 14th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Remember to PM all the Heroes when you start up a new thread, I didn't see this one until just now.

Quote:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
I like this version, though I would kind of like to see the markers also go away at the end of the round, just to keep it from getting too out of hand. It should also probably have a size restriction, it would be a little silly for the bolas to lock down Starro or whatever.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 14th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The Bolas should probably mention Commons/Squads like Kraven's Bolas do. It should either not affect them or just destroy them, because being able to lock down movement for all of an opponent's Commons by hitting one of them with the Bolas is wonky.
Old January 14th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

For comparison:

BOLAS 12
Start the game with a brown Bolas Marker on this card. After moving and before attacking, if your Bolas Marker is on this card, you may choose a small, medium, or large figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher and the chosen figure is a Unique Hero, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. Affected figures that are not Unique Heroes receive a wound. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 2 fewer defense dice. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, place your Bolas Marker back on this card.

MANTRAP

Start the game with two gray Mantrap Markers. Before an opponent's small or medium Unique Hero that does not have the Super Strength special power within 2 clear sight spaces of Judge Fear begins to take a turn, you may place a Mantrap Marker on that figure's card. That figure is Trapped. A Trapped figure cannot move or target a non-adjacent figure for an attack, even if Judge Fear is destroyed. At the end of each round, a player may place a Wound Marker on any Trapped figure’s card that player controls. If a Trapped figure receives one or more wounds, remove all Mantrap Markers on its card from the game.

In hindsight I wish I would have worked in auto wounding non-Unique Heroes into Mantrap. That would have made it much more versatile. I would go for a blend of the two. Uniqueness, Size and perhaps SS need to be accounted for here.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 14th, 2016, 08:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Remember to PM all the Heroes when you start up a new thread, I didn't see this one until just now.

Quote:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
I like this version, though I would kind of like to see the markers also go away at the end of the round, just to keep it from getting too out of hand. It should also probably have a size restriction, it would be a little silly for the bolas to lock down Starro or whatever.
I'd go small or medium for sure. I'm fine with either one wound or the end of the round. I don't think it'd be too overpowered if you just have to wait on the one wound, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The Bolas should probably mention Commons/Squads like Kraven's Bolas do. It should either not affect them or just destroy them, because being able to lock down movement for all of an opponent's Commons by hitting one of them with the Bolas is wonky.
I'd like to see it just destroy a squad figure. Good call.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 14th, 2016, 09:52 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post

Quote:

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
I'd go small or medium for sure. I'm fine with either one wound or the end of the round. I don't think it'd be too overpowered if you just have to wait on the one wound, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd like to see it just destroy a squad figure. Good call.
agree with both.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 15th, 2016, 07:08 AM

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

Start the game with 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. If the chosen figure is a squad, destroy that figure and remove that Bolas marker from the game. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, remove that Bolas marker from the game.

Here's a revision on all the input. I agree with the line of thinking that if it's just waiting for 1 wound removing at the end of a round wouldn't be necessary. That's just me though we'll see how things work in testing.

Last edited by Gutudak; January 15th, 2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old January 15th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutudak View Post

EQUIPMENT GLYPH

Start the game with 3 black Bolas Markers on this card. Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place your Bolas Marker on the chosen figure's card. If the chosen figure is a squad, destroy that figure and remove that Bolas marker from the game. A chosen figure that has your Bolas Marker on its card cannot move and must roll 1 fewer defense die. When the chosen figure receives a wound or is destroyed, remove that Bolas marker from the game.

Here's a revision on all the input. I agree with the line of thinking that if it's just waiting for 1 wound removing at the end of a round wouldn't be necessary. That's just me though we'll see how things work in testing.
Works for me.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library