Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 17th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Book of Captain America (Sam Wilson)

The Book of Captain America (Sam Wilson)

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 19
APOCALYPSE NOW

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. set.
Its model number and name is #049 / Captain America.

Character Bio - The mantle of Captain America is a power in and of itself, and when Steve Rogers was no longer able to carry it, his longtime friend and ally Sam Wilson was the obvious choice to wield the shield. Combining his lifetime of skill with a flying rig and his newfound role as leader in the superhero community, Sam stepped into the fray fighting for S.H.I.E.L.D., leading the Avengers, and carrying on his fight for justice. Unfortunately, the weight of being "the black Captain America" weighed on his shoulders, and the fall of the United States to HYDRA forced him into an early retirement. He ended up joining the Underground, and carried the shield once again in the final battle for America's soul.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Captain America may use his Avenger Maneuvers special power to activate a figure with an Avenger Marker in its card, including figures with Avenger Markers placed on their cards by other special powers that place Avenger Markers.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:04 PM. Reason: png
Old November 17th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Captain America (Sam Wilson) (Design Phase)

CAPTAIN AMERICA
SAM WILSON

MUTATE
UNIQUE HERO
CRIME FIGHTER
PATRIOTIC

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4

MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 6

180 POINTS

AVENGER MANEUVERS

At the start of the game, you may choose up to 2 other Unique Heroes you control and place a white Avenger Marker on each of their cards. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Captain America, you may take a turn with one figure you control with an Avenger Marker on its card that is within clear sight of Captain America. If you do, Captain America cannot attack during his turn.

SHIELD SLING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4 + Special.
Choose a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Captain America and one additional non-adjacent figure within 3 clear sight spaces of the first figure. After attacking the first figure, you may attack the additional chosen figure. Roll attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled in the first attack.

AERIAL ADVANTAGE
While Captain America can use his Flying special power, he is always considered to have height advantage on non-flying figures.

STEALTH FLYING
When Captain America starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING SYMBOL

Last edited by Scapemage; March 6th, 2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old November 17th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics (from Ronin):
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 17th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Hey! So, yeah, Sam Wilson's brief tenure as Captain America gets a design. If you want evidence of how slow I am at designing, I put this together less than a year after he fight got the mantle, and now he's been retired for more than a year.

He's essentially Captain America + Falcon, powerset wise. His Avenger leadership power lets him dish out bonding, but with him mostly as recon/tiedown/Glyph grabbing/whatever. Works best when he's co-leader with another Avenger Marker distributor, as in the comics.

The only question people seemed to have is whether we should be sticking with the vanilla Shield Throw or go with something more interesting. I dislike reinventing the wheel, so I'd like to reuse powers if possible, but Shield Ricochet might be a better fit here, possibly with some minor tweaks to work with Aerial Advantage.

SHIELD RICOCHET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of U.S. Agent, and choose one additional figure within 3 clear sight spaces of the first chosen figure. Attack the first figure. If it receives one or more wounds, you may attack the additional chosen figure.

That being said, more than happy to hear all ideas and suggestions!
Old November 17th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Hey! So, yeah, Sam Wilson's brief tenure as Captain America gets a design. If you want evidence of how slow I am at designing, I put this together less than a year after he fight got the mantle, and now he's been retired for more than a year.

He's essentially Captain America + Falcon, powerset wise. His Avenger leadership power lets him dish out bonding, but with him mostly as recon/tiedown/Glyph grabbing/whatever. Works best when he's co-leader with another Avenger Marker distributor, as in the comics.

The only question people seemed to have is whether we should be sticking with the vanilla Shield Throw or go with something more interesting. I dislike reinventing the wheel, so I'd like to reuse powers if possible, but Shield Ricochet might be a better fit here, possibly with some minor tweaks to work with Aerial Advantage.

SHIELD RICOCHET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of U.S. Agent, and choose one additional figure within 3 clear sight spaces of the first chosen figure. Attack the first figure. If it receives one or more wounds, you may attack the additional chosen figure.

That being said, more than happy to hear all ideas and suggestions!
I still like the idea of letting him move after throwing the shield, play up his mobility over the regular Cap.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 17th, 2018, 02:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I kind of see his shield bounce and catch working for him as a non-enhanced individual mostly because he does have wings and can go get it. So it's not so much as bouncing perfectly right back to him, but it's bouncing back in his general direction and he's moving to intercept it on the rebound. That makes more logical sense to me. Also favor the Areal Advantage coming into play for his ranged attack.

Range 5

SHIELD THROW AND RETRIEVE
When attacking a non-adjacent figure, you may choose one additional figure within 3 clear sight spaces of the first chosen figure and attack that figure as well, rolling 1 fewer attack die. After attacking a non-adjacent figure you must move Sam at least 1 space but no more than 3 spaces. Sam will not take any leaving engagements when moving with this power.

So now his non-adjacent attack (the shield throw) is a normal attack that can be boosted by HG and other things, he gets to bounce it off up to 2 targets, but the second one isn't as accurate, then he must move to catch the shield. Since he gets HG most of the time anyway, mandatory moving after attacking isn't too big of a deal and the move bond from his avenger marker power will let him move back to later for free anyway.
Old November 17th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Personally I'm not overly interested in giving him free bonus move and the like - he's getting 6 free move every turn which is more than enough mobility. In general Sam isn't going to be attacking much, and I don't really want attacking to be that attractive for him - nine times out of ten, you should be bonding. So keeping it streamlined and simple (pretty much a choice between weaker ranged special vs. stronger melee normal) is a goal as long as Avenger Maneuvers is in play.

Some sort of "instead of moving and attacking" angle might work for that, but I'm not sure what it would look like. Like, attack before moving, move X spaces, you may then attack an adjacent figure" or something? As long as you're committing to an attack with him may as well go all-in.
Old November 17th, 2018, 02:50 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

I quite like the simplicity as well as symbolism (passing the mantle) of using the same shield throw as Steve.
Old November 17th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would prefer to see Counterattack. Makes him somewhat useful.
Old November 24th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Alright, so not much other input here. I'm personally pretty happy with the draft we have (I'm with Qualizium - the symbolic link between Cap and Falcon works for me), but I'll poll it out and see if we have a strong opinion to the contrary.

What offensive power should SamCap have?
A - Shield Throw Special Attack (as in the second post)
B - A variation on Shield Throw (such as Shield Ricochet)
C - A new shield-themed attack (such as YK's suggested Shield Throw and Retrieve)
D - An unrelated shield-type power (suggestions welcome)

That's pretty much in the order of my preference - A > B > C > D, with Shield Throw at the top.
Old November 24th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess I just don’t know how often I’ll actually be attacking with the guy. A support-type Shield power or Counterstrike like T suggested would certainly make him more useful in my eyes, but it would probably also raise his cost.

If that’s not the direction you’re looking for, I vote for A. I think his already high mobility means that’s the best option out of the ones provided. But if somebody came up with a cool new Shield SA I’d like that a lot too.
Old November 24th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I vote C. I like that he has a shield throw (I feel like something like a counter-attack or support power wouldn't feel quite right as a Cap/Falcon mashup), but I feel like, as someone with wings and the ability to fly, he would naturally use it slightly differently, making use of his mobility. Hell, do something as simple as giving him the equivalent of Shield Throw SA but with one less target and the option to move 3 spaces after moving (in fact, that would probably be my suggestion - keep it nicely close to Cap, but with that little twist) - it doesn't have to be much, just something to give a focus of him using it on the move and making use of his mobility, something to show some thought to how someone with Cap's shield and Falcon's wings would fight.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library