Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old October 9th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Look forward to seeing the gridless IA.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 15th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I played another solo game of The Walking Dead All Out War, with the same Gun Running Scenario. It's not really difficult, though it was neat to see that I ended up going a different route to get to the objective. There was also a neat Event that came up where a car alarm kept going off and causing mayhem. This rose the threat level every Event phase, but also drew walkers that were with in 10 inches of it towards it. A character can use an action to shut off the alarm if adjacent to the car, but in this case, I didn't mind it going off. That said, in my very first game played of this at a game store in Chicago in the spring, we were playing 2v2, and a car alarm near me was going off, so it was more of a pain in that situation, but the play area was 4x4 instead of 20"x20", so fewer walkers per square foot.

I taught my daughter the game tonight, playing the same scenario, since it is basic and helps getting to learn the rules. She did well and liked it.

We still used the same 3 characters (Rick, Car and Patrick) that I had originally used, since it was a good group and I was more interested in her learning it. Sandra, Derek and Liam sat on the sidelines cheering

I started working on 7 more survivors the other night, and finished them today. We have Jim, Dale, Donna, Allen, Duane, Morgan and Brian "the Governor".

Old October 16th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds pretty cool. Awesome looking minis and terrain.
Old October 19th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Just got an email from Miniature Market about Tiny Terrain. 28mm scale bits like jersey barriers, well, furniture, barrel, gabion, rock wall, etc. Prices range from $.75 to $2.00. I've ordered a few pieces. I'll post some pics with figures when I get them.
Here's a few of the pics.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 19th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Cool Mac, thanks for sharing! Look forward to seeing the pictures when you get them.

Actually, I just ordered some of that stuff. Got the well, 4 stone walls and 9 various Jersey barriers.

The barriers will be great for urban setups and other road setups for The Walking Dead All Out War and even Infinity. The stone walls will be great for Frostgrave and rural setups for The Walking Dead All Out War. The well will be great for Frostgrave.

Thanks for the heads up for this Mac. I had $25 burning a hole in my pocket anyways

Last edited by Hahma; October 19th, 2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old October 20th, 2017, 10:17 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I saw those too. They look pretty nice. I was hoping for some more sci-fi themed stuff, Ahem...HoSS. But the jersey barriers look pretty useful.
Old October 20th, 2017, 10:29 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I saw those too. They look pretty nice. I was hoping for some more sci-fi themed stuff, Ahem...HoSS. But the jersey barriers look pretty useful.
They've got about 5 different versions of the jersey barriers, 1 in good condition and 4 with differing amounts of damage. I ordered one of each. Looks like they would be great for Zombie-themed games and for C3G, too.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old October 20th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Prickly Cactus

I think those Jersey barriers would work well enough for sci-fi settings like Star Wars. I'm sure they could be painted up to be more futuristic if need be. But I think painting them as regular concrete versions would work in any relatively modern settings.

Old October 20th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Actually, I just Googled jersey barriers and saw that they come in a variety of colors when they are water filled plastic versions instead of the concrete ones. So there are lots of options.

Old October 20th, 2017, 01:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks awesome.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 21st, 2017, 02:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

North Star Military Figures out of England is having a good sale on some things, though pretty specific. They have some 4Ground Games Mdf houses for 28mm scale at half price. They are from 4Ground's Chicago Way line of prohibition era gaming. I had been planning on ordering a couple Shotgun style houses to use with The Walking Dead All Out War miniatures game. I was also going to get Samuel's Garage too. That's not on sale though, so I may still order that down the road as a Christmas gift, along with a Shotgun house directly from 4Ground.

Instead of ordering a Shotgun house this time (though at a good deal for sure), I ordered Samuel's House. It would normally be $54.23 (you have to log in and show you are from the U.S. to get the price without the VAT tax for Europe), I ended up ordering it from Northstar for $35 including shipping.

Here's a better description of the house and showing the different levels and detail, from the 4Ground site. It is an MDF kit like some of the stuff that I've posted in Frostgrave games pictures. So this will take a few hours to assemble, but it's pre-painted and will look pretty neat on the table. It will also be interesting to try to place some supply tokens in there for survivors to look for. I believe that you can get more stuff from a supply token searched inside a building. It will also make for some interesting in-close battles.

Old October 24th, 2017, 01:25 AM

I picked up my order from Miniature Market today. Here are some pics of the pieces I bought.

Jersey Barriers

These would work just like they come, but I imagine would be too hard to add a wash or some details for those that wanted to. I like the multiple versions.

Gabions

I had to look it up: A gabion is a cage, cylinder, or box filled with rocks, concrete, or sometimes sand and soil for use in civil engineering, road building, military applications and landscaping.
Pretty detailed. Looks like they could benefit from at least a wash to bring out some details and add shadows.

Rock Wall

I like this, but was disappointed it wasn't a little bigger. Still a very nice piece that could be used as-is, but shouldn't be too hard to add a little character.

Well

Very nice piece, but could definitely benefit from some details added around the base and stonework and some sort of water effect added inside.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures