Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 30th, 2008, 03:45 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation
Re: -=Wyvern Custom=- Help me choose a color! Finished Build

I guess it depends on what kind of attitude you are trying to give the guy. Because I was thinking maybe, if all you did was put some yellow streak highlights on the underside of his wings and color his eyes with... I don't know... green or yellow or something like that, he'd look quite venemous and evil.

But that's kindof'... Braxas' show already isn't it?

I don't know. I guess I should ask you then- what general were you thinking... is this dragon evil or good? What's his general opinion on life? Tell me about his mother... Did he grow up in an urban or rural society, Etc.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

He looks pretty awesome!

I'd personally paint him black/gray, kinda like the Ring Wraiths' steeds from Lord of the Rings, but it's up to you. He'd look pretty nasty with a greenish-yellow paint job also, if you want to be more unique.
Old November 30th, 2008, 08:56 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the input guys.
I was originally going for an angered animal kind of figure.. so a green/black/yellow combo might play really well into angry snake imagry.
Old November 30th, 2008, 09:00 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Wow that looks great! Ya I think it would look good with the green,black,yellow combo.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:11 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

Angry man? Then I stand by the yellow under-wing highlights (keeping this black base of course). Maybe, if you gave his head some silver highlights too, and then green on his eyes...

Yeah, I guess that's all I have to say about that.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:30 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

I think it would be cool to paint him yellow. Or purple.
Old December 1st, 2008, 01:50 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I say dark/electric blue...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old December 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

I'm with The B.I.V. Definately blue. It's my favorite color. Maybe blue with yellow underwing and rigdes. Silver would look nice as a detail color on the horns. really good custom, DrRansom.

So that's really what you do to make customs of good quality? Clip everything with pliers and glue it back together? And then just paint over it a few times. So then how do you remount it?

Last edited by Pickledpie; December 1st, 2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old December 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Sorry double post
Old December 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Fixed, sorry for that.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old December 1st, 2008, 08:29 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My vote goes to either this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazemane View Post
...Yellow under-wing highlights (keeping this black base of course). Maybe, if you gave his head some silver highlights too, and then green on his eyes...
or this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
I'm with The B.I.V. Definately [electric] blue. ... Maybe blue with yellow underwing and rigdes. Silver would look nice as a detail color on the horns.
Quote:
So that's really what you do to make customs of good quality? Clip everything with pliers and glue it back together? And then just paint over it a few times. So then how do you remount it?
Well, that's apparently what he does... I re-pose the figure with hot water and ice, and chop of parts I don't want with a scalpel/X-Acto knife, and glue bits from other figures on, but this way works just as well I imagine. They both have their pros and cons.

Really cool custom, Dr. Ransom!

As for the scale pattern, on my wingless Mimring mod I took a mold of his flank with Sculpey, and then pressed Green Stuff into it, pulled it out, and I had a scale pattern!
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
My vote goes to either this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazemane View Post
...Yellow under-wing highlights (keeping this black base of course). Maybe, if you gave his head some silver highlights too, and then green on his eyes...
or this:
Quote:
I'm with The B.I.V. Definately [electric] blue. ... Maybe blue with yellow underwing and rigdes. Silver would look nice as a detail color on the horns.
Quote:
Well, that's apparently what he does... I re-pose the figure with hot water and ice, and chop of parts I don't want with a scalpel/X-Acto knife, and glue bits from other figures on, but this way works just as well I imagine. They both have their pros and cons.
Thanks. That's something I've wanted to know for a while.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards