Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations

Old February 7th, 2023, 06:35 AM

Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker
Ironclad customs

Hiya !

I really liked the esthetic of the Ironclads, so I had to try and make my own.

The first one I tried to replicate was the Iron-Lich Viscerot.

I chose a Hexmark Destroyer from Warhammer 40k as my base figure. Ironclads scream necron anyway!

As such, it was not suitable. The mini is too small, humpbacked, and has 6 arms. So I disassembled all its legs by each segment and reassembled them in extended position: I was able to make it grow to "Huge 8".

Then, I disassembled all the cables that are directly connected to the arms because I only mounted two arms. With all the recovered wires, I mounted them to make the tank connected to the chest, arms and legs.

A bit of paint and it was good to go.

Old February 7th, 2023, 10:20 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ironclad customs

This looks fantastic! Using Necron parts is a great idea; the aesthetic is definitely there.
Old February 28th, 2023, 06:38 AM

Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker

And now the Necrotech wraithriders !

Some greenstuff for the lower body, and necron warriors for the upper part
Old February 28th, 2023, 02:20 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very nice! I especially like the dynamic poses!

You did a great job integrating the lower body into the rest of the model; the metallic "claw" containing the black orb looks awesome.
Old March 3rd, 2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Very nice! I especially like the dynamic poses!

You did a great job integrating the lower body into the rest of the model; the metallic "claw" containing the black orb looks awesome.
This was really the tricky part. I'm not 100% satisfied, but the paint job does cover the poor sculpt a little bit

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations