Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Hexicon
Hexicon Subforum for Hexicon

Notices

Old February 13th, 2023, 03:21 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Announcing HexiCon! April 19th, 20th-23rd, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

does that mean we'll see you at HexiCon?
To sign autographs? Sure! Or not.

It is in my backyard, so I can be there to help Wednesday evening. Probably can't attend Thursday day, which is a shame, because those are the two events I like. Can't stand either option for Thursday night. This frees me to sit next to you for all of your games that evening, making sucking-air-sounds-through-my-teeth, visibly wincing, and saying out loud "You sure about that?" with each and every order marker placement you make. :P

I'm not really the target demo for this kind of con, it being so VC-centric and all (I have a lot of the figures, just usually don't play them), but I can probably be there for Friday and Saturday. And I can even out the teams if need be for Sunday.

If I didn't know Tommy, I'd probably give this a pass. But it feels like a waste not to attend something so close.

Old February 13th, 2023, 03:27 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
If I didn't know Tommy, I'd probably give this a pass. But it feels like a waste not to attend something so close.
Oh that's the most interesting bit of info. I wonder if there others that are not interested in attending if it's due to VC centric, "short" notice of event, or other factors. Or if there are others who have just not decided yet and haven't said anything.
Old February 13th, 2023, 03:28 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
This frees me to sit next to you for all of your games that evening, making sucking-air-sounds-through-my-teeth, visibly wincing, and saying out loud "You sure about that?" with each and every order marker placement you make. :P
hah! challenge accepted.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 13th, 2023, 03:29 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Interesting, I would not have guessed that including VC would drive away non-VC players.

For my part I'm not attending because it's logistically impossible for me on those dates for scheduling reasons, and I've already planned a trip to ScapeCon.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 13th, 2023, 03:37 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Interesting, I would not have guessed that including VC would drive away non-VC players.

For my part I'm not attending because it's logistically impossible for me on those dates for scheduling reasons, and I've already planned a trip to ScapeCon.
That is good to know. If this is partially successful, I'll need to look into another date. It's just trying to work around my farm schedule and scapecon makes it a bit more tricky for me to find a good time.
Old February 13th, 2023, 04:15 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

The VC centric made me not think about it twice, but I know I'm in a minority.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; February 13th, 2023 at 04:16 PM. Reason: I would be sitting by Gordon and making fun of him making fun of you
Old February 13th, 2023, 04:43 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

There is a classic-only event available in almost every time slot if I'm reading correctly!
Old February 13th, 2023, 05:49 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
There is a classic-only event available in almost every time slot if I'm reading correctly!
And Tommy did that consciously...just not events I want to play. How dare Tommy not consult me first and call the event GORDO-CON!

Old February 13th, 2023, 06:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Allowing VC units in events makes them VC-centric?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 13th, 2023, 06:42 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
And Tommy did that consciously...just not events I want to play. How dare Tommy not consult me first and call the event GORDO-CON!
Inexcusable!
Old February 13th, 2023, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Allowing VC units in events makes them VC-centric?
They are saying that because about half of the events are VC (and delta for that matter). No other convention has gone that heavy into VC
Old February 14th, 2023, 11:04 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Booked this 4 room 5 bed place for Thursday Night - Sunday : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/690603489813656430

Halfway between airport and event, 15 min drive from each, has a lot of amenities including 2.5 bathrooms. If you want in please private message me. Has one room with 2 double beds that is $110/person, or 3 other rooms with queen beds are $150 each, all taxes and fees included is less than $50/night. If we get more than 5 people we can add people to the floor or a couch and defer the cost more. If you cannot make one day still the same price, and if it gets towards the gameday and not full then might allow people to sleep for a day if that is all you can make it for.

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 18th, 2023 at 10:58 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Hexicon