Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 28th, 2009, 06:47 PM

ACEoSPADES *glass shatters*
Printing Heroscape Cards

Sorry if this has been answered. What is the best way to print out card images, such as customs? I have looked through this site for 45 minutes and still have not found anything that is helpful. If you know of any way I can print the cards to the right size, it would really help. I really dont want to waste my printer ink.
-Joey-
Old April 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Printing Heroscape Cards

How about this one?

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=4731
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:07 PM

I read throught that and it doesnt tell me how to print unless I missed something?
Old April 29th, 2009, 09:06 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I print my cards on Epson Heavy Weight Double Sided Matte Paper through a Canon i960 inkjet printer. I size the basic side at 102% so it covers any mis-alignment issues. And then I cut them out with an Exact-o knife using the advanced side as a guide.

Aligning is done in Photoshop when I set the file up for printing. I usually try to print two cards at once so I don't waste paper.
Old April 29th, 2009, 07:35 PM

Germund is surprisingly tart

I have had printing issues too. I tried printing some custom cards I made (using Gimp) and found that if I scaled the card to the size of regular HS cards all the lettering was blurry and out of focus when i printed it. If I printed the card full size it would come out undistorted, but about twice as large as it should. Is there a secret to printing images that I am missing? I recall reading somewhere that you should print from a .bmp file, so that is what I did. Is there a better format to print from?

"We have arrived at an intellectual chaos."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Great trades with: Gypsy, Archiver, Just-A-Bill
Old April 29th, 2009, 07:52 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jpeg would be a good option. Make sure that the original art is at the correct size and between 250 and 300 dpi for best results.
Old April 29th, 2009, 08:19 PM

Thanks I'll try that.
Old April 29th, 2009, 09:33 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

What program are you using?

Personally I just scale the to a convenient size and print away, but others could probably help you better if they knew.
Old April 29th, 2009, 09:39 PM

MS office 2007
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:30 AM

firehouse10000 Woo who?

I need toknow how to print the cards correctly. The tutorial on how to make the cards doesn't say how to scale the cards correctly. They are either too big or too little. Plus when I do print the wording looks terrible. I am trying to print using MSPaint and PhotoShop. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by firehouse10000; May 2nd, 2009 at 03:50 AM. Reason: forgot photoshop
Old May 2nd, 2009, 03:38 AM

Germund is surprisingly tart

I also tried to print cards from Gimp, and the lettering totally didn't come out. The printer was set to 600 dpi (300 dpi was even worse), and they were saved in JPG format. I tried on my own B&W laser printer, and at a professional print shop, neither one turned out readable. It was the same with both my own custom cards, and with a downloaded official card.

"We have arrived at an intellectual chaos."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Great trades with: Gypsy, Archiver, Just-A-Bill
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I insert the cards into a Microsoft Word document, use the format command to make them the correct size, and then print them on the highest quality print setting. It comes out best if you use photo paper.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards