Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 14th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Return To Savage! 6/11/16 Savage, MD

So, I was thinking about my tiebreaking formula. It goes like this:

1. Number of wins.
2. Round of first loss (i.e., WWWLW beats WLWWW).
3. Partial card scoring.

The advantage of the "round of first loss" tiebreak is that it gives an advantage to those who beat, for more rounds, other undefeated players. Someone who loses in Round 1 will benefit from being in a lower bracket the following rounds in a way that someone who won in Round 1 will not.

It gets much trickier in this format, in that it encourages people to bring stronger armies. After all, get into Round 4 with a strong army, and you're playing for a top prize.

So next year, I will probably go to either (1) a 2/3 format, instead of 3/2, or (2) a 2/1/2 format, where for Round 3 I will flip a coin. I'm not sure.

It's tricky. There's a reason why it works at GenCon, where they have 2 days, and not at smaller events, where there's only 1.

I'll gladly take input on this or my tiebreak system more broadly. You can find a link to my "House Rules" thread here. I am aware of the long tradition of whining about my system after Round 5 and before I give out prizes. Let me remind everybody that that is the worst time to complain. My system hasn't changed in a long time, but I'm always glad to discuss it. Ideally, *before* the event. Or, if you would rather, *after* it. Not during. Complaining about my method of breaking ties during the event is not going to change anything.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 14th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Also, our tournament on Saturday did not feature, sadly, an Einar Imperium mirror match. It did, however, have a Khosumet mirror match! Maybe for the first time ever in competitive Heroscape!

It was such a historic event that I documented it for posterity:

= =
Old June 22nd, 2016, 04:47 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

When do you think your next tournament will be?

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 05:05 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

On, how I love that question! Good news: August. Bad news: at GenCon. The next one in Savage will probably be in October or November, if my annual pattern holds.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events