Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybody Loves Raelin View Post
Count me in!!!

As for games to play, I would prefer a straight up tournament,

no changes to what we've already done please.

I do like the restriction rule to see how creative people can get

with their armies. Tired of playing against the same popular/powerful heroes.

Let's do something that we love that's just slightly refreshing!!!
Yeah, I do like what Hexes in Texas is doing this year. I would be all for adopting there format. Straight up tournament, but with the restricted units list where armies can only have 1 of the units on the list.

Would make for some interesting new competitive armies.
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Count me in.
Our usual carpool? Please say yes! Please say yes!
Of course!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 26th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Man, what's up with the crying about things changing already? Can't you guys wait until we come up with something cool and creative and then dash all our hopes with the fear of change?

I tried last year. I don't have the energy this year. I will support anything even remotely off the beaten path, but I'm fairly resigned to our keeping the title of Most Boring Heroscape Tournament in the Country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 26th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Well I like my idea but can understand that it might not appeal to everyone although I came up with it in mind to encompass everyone's desires. If people only like vanilla though I can't make them eat moose tracks with sprinkles and marshmallow topping.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 26th, 2011, 05:20 AM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

It's not that we are crying as much as it is stating personal preference

How about we do what Colorado is doing and have a vote for the format.

All of the people listed as yes and maybe can vote. The most votes wins

I'd be perfectly ok with that.

Let's have a vote on everything from Marvel, Glyphs, Point Totals, Format... whatever

For example.

Army Point Total
A. 500
B. 520
C. 540

Mixed Marvel
A. 1 Marvel Hero allowed
B. Marvel not allowed

Restricted Units List
A. Yes, use restrict units list
B. No, do not use restricted list

Glyphs
A. Yes, use glyphs
B. No, do not use glyphs
(If we decide to allow glyphs we will discuss allowed glyphs after voting is done)

tournament Format
A. Simple Swiss
B. Rolling Rumble
C. ?????

You guys get the idea. Put this year to a vote and let majority decide.
Old August 26th, 2011, 10:21 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I would like to do a vote

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 26th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

I vote for a vote.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old August 26th, 2011, 04:20 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

I'm down for a vote. Also one of my maybe 2 isn't coming.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old August 26th, 2011, 11:13 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I'm good with a vote.
Two possible formats just popped into the ol' bean.
Everyone could battle with the same army.
All things being equal, shouldn't the best strategizer win?
Or we could get crazy and not even do a competitive tournament and
just have people randomly play against someone they'd not played before or they could choose to play each other, if agreed to by both.
The prizes would not be handed out according to wins/points but randomly until everyone has gotten a prize, at which point it would start over again (should we be so lucky with having that many prizes.)
I guess I'll put the vote stuff on this thread's opening post.
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:24 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As long as we still play Heroscape, variants are fine. In fact I like the added strategical challenge of mixing it up. Either way, I just want to play my favorite game with my favorite gamers.

Also, the pop is now a maybe.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:22 AM
C3G Strategist

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I'm good with a vote.
Two possible formats just popped into the ol' bean.
Everyone could battle with the same army.
All things being equal, shouldn't the best strategizer win?
Or we could get crazy and not even do a competitive tournament and
just have people randomly play against someone they'd not played before or they could choose to play each other, if agreed to by both.
The prizes would not be handed out according to wins/points but randomly until everyone has gotten a prize, at which point it would start over again (should we be so lucky with having that many prizes.)
I guess I'll put the vote stuff on this thread's opening post.
Possible format 1. Is that suggesting that we all bring the same army? How would we decide what army everyone would bring?

Possible format 2. This sounds more like what we did a few months back, basically a casual game day. I would be ok with that, but would still prefer some sort of tournament instead.

Another possible format for the army swap lovers is the Double Edged Sword Format

Basically everyone brings whatever army they want.

Before each round of play the tournament director (WNFB) will roll a D20. On a even roll everyone will play the army they brought. On a odd roll everyone will swap armies with their current opponent.

Basically there is a %50 chance before every game that you will swap armies. This could scare people from bringing a A+ army because they will surely be playing against it a time or two.
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm good with a vote, as long as we don't split the vote too much. For instance, I wouldn't want to see a vote like this:

1) Do everything the normal way.
2) Do everything the normal way but allow Marvel.
3) Do everything the normal way but allow glyphs.
4) Do most things the normal way but not everything.
5) Don't do anything the normal way.

because that would allow the "no change" faction to concentrate their votes while the "please god anything as long as it's different" people are all over the map.

Which I suppose brings up the question of how do we even pick what to vote on? Let's keep it simple, I say: pick someone moderately neutral and let them put together some options and then we all agree that whatever they come up with we agree to and no whining. Obviously I'm out. I nominate wnfb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
As long as we still play Heroscape, variants are fine. In fact I like the added strategical challenge of mixing it up.
Yes. Exactly. This. ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Either way, I just want to play my favorite game with my favorite gamers.
Also well spake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharosInCharge View Post
Another possible format for the army swap lovers is the Double Edged Sword Format

Basically everyone brings whatever army they want.

Before each round of play the tournament director (WNFB) will roll a D20. On a even roll everyone will play the army they brought. On a odd roll everyone will swap armies with their current opponent.

Basically there is a %50 chance before every game that you will swap armies. This could scare people from bringing a A+ army because they will surely be playing against it a time or two.
Actually, that sounds pretty good too. I'd vote for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day