Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 6th, 2011, 06:56 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Lightning Lad

The Book of Lightning Lad

C3G DC WAVE 13
THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Cosmic Justice set.
Its model number and name are #046-048 / Live Wire.
Its model number and name are #216 / Garth Ranzz.

Character Bio - Born on the planet Winath, he is the twin brother of fellow Legionnaire Ayla Ranzz (Lightning Lass), and the younger brother of the supervillain Mekt Ranzz (Lightning Lord). In their youth Garth, Ayla, and Mekt were out joy riding when their ship lost power and came down on the world of Korbal. They devised a scheme to recharge their ship's energy cells using the electrical energy of Korbal's lightning beasts. They underestimated the beasts' power and were all bathed in bio-electric energy. After their return with new found powers, Mekt disappeared. Garth left home to look for his brother. On his journey he helped two other super powered teenagers foil the assassination of philanthropist R.J. Brande. Brande suggested they form a team - the Legion of Super-Heroes. Garth assumed the name Lightning Boy initially, but switched to Lightning Lad.

Garth's right arm was later replaced with a cybernetic arm when his brother, Mekt, shot it off.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: (IAmBatman (180 points)
  • Second playtest: Davidlhsl (170 points)
  • Third playtest: Scapemage (190 points)
  • Mini photos by A3n
  • Art by A3n

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 08:42 PM. Reason: png
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:57 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Lightning Lad- Design Phase

NAME = LIGHTNING LAD
SECRET IDENTITY = GARTH RANZZ

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = BRASH

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

CHARGED LIGHTNING BOLT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 6 + Special.
Subtract 1 die from this special attack for each space Lightning Lad moved this turn. After attacking with this special attack, Lightning Lad may attack one additional time, rolling a number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the first attack. Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by this special attack.

ELECTRICALLY CHARGED
Lightning Lad rolls 1 fewer defense die when he is on a water space.

FLYING

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 29th, 2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:59 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool design.
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Yep, great design.

A few things:

NAME = LIGHTNING LAD

SECRET IDENTITY = GARTH RANZZ

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = BRASH

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = .

Range 6. Attack 6.
This special attack can only be used if Lightning Lad did not move this turn. Subtract 1 from this special attack for each space Lightning Lad moved this turn. After attacking with this special attack, Lightning Lad may attack one additional time rolling the number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the first attack.

ELECTRICALLY CHARGED
Lightning Lad Electro rolls 1 fewer defense die when he is on a water space.

FLYING SYMBOL
  1. I really think that an attack of 4 normally better represents his power and accuracy.
  2. Just a little idea I had for the special attack and how to make it a tad more tactical. No big deal if you don't like it though, but I like how the common theme in all Lightning based attacks diminish in one or more ways. But what you have currently is great too, though the power level may be a bit more than I prefer to be honest.
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
ELECTRICALLY CHARGED
Electro rolls 1 fewer defense die when he is on a water space.
Should probably read:

ELECTRICALLY CHARGED
Lightning Lad rolls 1 fewer defense die when he is on a water space.

I don't know anything about this guy, but he must be pretty powerful based on the stats and special attack. A special attack of 6 is nothing to sneeze at, especially if he gets a second attack. He might be kind of streaky with that where he can roll 5 or 6 skulls twice or 1-2 skulls twice.

Being able to fly and have a ranged attack of 5 will give him a nasty normal attack when he does need to move, so he's not overly reliant on his special to be able to do some damage.

He does only have 4 life, so that help keep him in check somewhat.

Looks like a cool design and I like the special attack mechanic, though I can see it be a little swingy, mostly do to the attack of 6 which leaves a lot of opportunity for a devastating attack/s or a fizzle. But since I don't know the character, I really can't comment on the theme or the power level of him, so I'll leave that to the experts.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

The power level of that special attack has me a little worried. That and the Electro in the Electrically Charged power are my only concerns.
Old September 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I'd prefer we get the special attack down to attack 5 - special (so take Griff's idea about diminishing it into account) and his base attack down to 4. I think this will make both attacks useful and keep his cost from going crazy high.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 7th, 2011, 03:45 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Love the write-up, it really captures him. Just a possible suggestion after reading throught the thread. Would it be possibly to change him as so?
Attack 3

Range 6. Attack 6.
Subtract 1 from this special attack for each space Lightning Lad moved this turn. After attacking with this special attack, Lightning Lad may attack one additional time rolling the number of attack dice equal to the number of skulls rolled for the first attack.

ELECTRICALLY CHARGED
Lightning Lad rolls 1 fewer defense die when he is on a water space. When attacking an adjacent figure add one Automatic Skull to whatever is rolled.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

1. An attack of 3 normally is too low IMO, especially since this guy is comparable to Human Torch. If they were both negated (which happens to HT all the time), they should be on par physically IMO.

2. Other than my suggested change, I can't see what you have done differently with the Special Attack.

3. Electrically Charged has already been used on Electro, so I don't think we can change it, nor would I want to. That power is meant to be reusable, and with an auto skull connected, I don't think it will always be as universal.
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:31 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
1. An attack of 3 normally is too low IMO, especially since this guy is comparable to Human Torch. If they were both negated (which happens to HT all the time), they should be on par physically IMO.

2. Other than my suggested change, I can't see what you have done differently with the Special Attack.

3. Electrically Charged has already been used on Electro, so I don't think we can change it, nor would I want to. That power is meant to be reusable, and with an auto skull connected, I don't think it will always be as universal.
1) Well, I don't think of him as much of a highly trained fighter, but OK. Currently, all of the Robins have Attack 3. I think they are WAY better trained than Lightning Lad.
2) I know, I was just supporting that change. Sorry that wasn't clear.
3) Yeah, I know it was used on Electro but he could be tweaked to drop his attack one and change the power as well since he is also a fairly weak fighter. If a change could be made, now is the time to do it while it is still in the Sanctum, IMO.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not to mention an attack of 3 would make him pretty unlikely to use his normal attack, IMO.

Edit: I'd say the range on his normal attack means it represents more than his training and fighting skills. His powers are in there somewhere. And put me down for keeping Electrically Charged as is.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old September 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Fair enough. It was merely a suggestion.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library