Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 31st, 2009, 05:41 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior

____The Book of Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior
Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 - Heroes of the Moon Tribe

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus
"character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: N/A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Kyrie Leadership
All Kyrie you control, except Atlaga, move one additional space.

ULLAR'S BOLT OF THE WITHERWOOD
After moving and before attacking with Atlaga, you may choose any opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Atlaga. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-15, nothing happens. If you roll a 16 or higher, the chosen figure is destroyed. Atlaga may attempt to use this power only once per game.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Atlaga's movement, ignore elevations. Atlaga may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Atlaga starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
A. No, not really:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herscape Advanced FAQ Version 9.4
Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior
“Blackmoon’s Siege”
ERRATA: Atlaga’s wings are not a Hit Zone.

Synergy Benefits Received
- ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
As a follower of Ullar, Atlaga the kyrie warrior may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered

KYRIE LEADERSHIP: All Kyrie Units:
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • TBA

Power Rankings

Jexik: Atlaga- With a movement boost to Minions and Protectors and a chance to swing the game in one roll, Atlaga is fairly versatile figure. A-

OEAO: Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior- Atlaga suffers from having to pay for what is quite possibly the worst designed special ability in the game, Bolt of the Witherwood. It should never have existed and do not count on it to win you games. Barring that, extra move on the Kyrie squads and Raelin is nice, and 4 dice at 5 range on a flying figure is solid. However, he is fragile and lacks the higher range needed to be able to stay back farther and kite more effectively. B+

Cleon: Tier 7 (68/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-

Master Index
Atlaga and the Protectors Discussion Thread
Atlaga: What's your Army Idea?

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(photo courtesy of basilmichael)

Last edited by superfrog; March 6th, 2019 at 12:10 AM. Reason: vc added
Old May 31st, 2009, 05:44 PM

zcythe is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior

I think with him and marcus, the Einar imperium can be moving fast enough to actualy do something useful. Add a few romans and your set.

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker
Old May 31st, 2009, 05:59 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In a competetive match? Nah. Kiova, Atlaga, and Marcus together cost 280, meaning you can only get one squad of Imperium before hitting the 500 mark. You can drop Kiova, but even then you'll only have two squads of Imperium with no way to garuntee they'll even live through a barrage of range attacks. It's a decent idea in a drafting environment and/or higher point games, though...
As for Atlaga himself, I'm more psyched for him then I am for the Protectors. Bolt of The Witherwood is great, and +one move to the Minions/Sentinels is outright nasty, and on top of those two, Atlaga has a ranged attack of 4 with flying. Confident fits this guy, because with powers like those his player would feel pretty confident too.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:28 PM

Super Platapus is surprisingly tart

I like his bolt of the witherwood, it has the potential to take on those behemoths like Braxas, but at the same time isn't over kill, I also like how he keeps the speed of his Defenders equal with his
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:22 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I don't just say this because of their obvious similarities, but I see Atlaga as being the new Concan - a well-costed, solid and reliable hero who will be added into the occasional non-themed army that just happens to have 90-100 points to spend. He's definitely one of the figures I'm most looking forward to in this wave.

I just hope I don't have to institute my first-ever house rule and make his wings untargetable.
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:22 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

My first thought thought about Atlaga was "anything in one go?" Sure thats a great ability, but I probably wouldn't use it. One shot one kill... its almost ominous. I'd let him sit close behind the main fight just as a threat. They want to bring their heavy hitter in, but can't because that guy in green tights is watching!

Also it's only a 25% chance, so really its all just a mind game anyway.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:18 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think this army could be really nasty...

Atlaga
Raelin
Sentinels x3

500 points, 11 hexes

The Sentinels will speed to the enemy and be very tough to kill. If you face Braxas, send in Atlaga and try to Witherwood her.

I think he will be more valuable to the Minions and Sentinels, who have enough survivability not have to rely on Rat screens and can afford to spend the points on him. I really like him with Sentinels because he provides that 25% hero-kill.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:21 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post

Atlaga
Raelin
Sentinels x3

500 points, 11 hexes

The Sentinels will speed to the enemy and be very tough to kill. If you face Braxas, send in Atlaga and try to Witherwood her.

I think he will be more valuable to the Minions and Sentinels, who have enough survivability not have to rely on Rat screens and can afford to spend the points on him. I really like him with Sentinels because he provides that 25% hero-kill.

But if you miss your Witherwood roll, your SoJs are doomed to die from the might of Braxas.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:41 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:

Atlaga
Raelin
Sentinels x3

500 points, 11 hexes

But if you miss your Witherwood roll, your SoJs are doomed to die from the might of Braxas.
Sure they are, but any Sentinel army is going to have a tough time against Braxas. At least Atlaga mitigates it somewhat, and also benefits the rest of the army.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:47 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I love how we make proper nouns into verbs.

Although I don't think move 5 will speed you to the enemy.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
My first thought thought about Atlaga was "anything in one go?" Sure thats a great ability, but I probably wouldn't use it. One shot one kill... its almost ominous. I'd let him sit close behind the main fight just as a threat. They want to bring their heavy hitter in, but can't because that guy in green tights is watching!

Also it's only a 25% chance, so really its all just a mind game anyway.
A 25% chance to auto-destroy any unit (from 5 spaces away!) isn't exactly a "longshot" either though. Any smart player will have to respect that chance if they are fielding any units worth more than 100 points or so.

I think the key to defeating Atlaga and the Protectors as well, is to field masses (hint hint) of ranged common squads, who will not be devastated by a Bolt of the Witherwood and who can afford to lose a few figures to the Xbows of the Protectors, whereas some heroes could go down in a single turn to Combined Arbalest.
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
I love how we make proper nouns into verbs.

Although I don't think move 5 will speed you to the enemy.
5 move with Flying will (depending on the map, of course)

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units