Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 28th, 2019, 02:02 AM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Alternate Sculpts

I mean, that's exactly why I went through and made my spreadsheet in the first place - my group wanted a way to play with a bunch of the units but there were a lot we couldn't find or were too expensive to easily pick up, so I spent a couple evenings finding compatible minis on Reaper and we've just been playing them assuming logical hitzones so that we can use the units and it's been working great. This thread is still going to be super helpful, I think, for people just discovering the project like I did, since it's going to make a lot of the units more easily accessible without necessitating a large miniature collection or outside research to find solid proxies.
Old September 28th, 2019, 08:34 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Great thread guys. I thought about doing this sort of thing awhile back. I have an insane amount of minis at my place that I dont generally go out of my way to buy more these days for customs. Though I do enjoy playing with them still. So I started to pull all my figures down and match up a bunch to the handful of VC customs I dont have. It would be nice to have a thread of imageless cards to just add your figures pictures and hitzones to for whichever figure you proxy with. I know thats not exactly what this thread is but is that something people would like to use? Ive started making them using the x2 card creator but am only a few cards in.
I think that's a really good idea. Originally I was thinking of remaking the cards but that is going to be too big of a project for a constantly updating list. Your suggestion of image less cards makes more sense since most of us are just going to use these for home games. Maybe we can add the image less card for each sculp next to their link in the OP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkRider1 View Post
I mean, that's exactly why I went through and made my spreadsheet in the first place - my group wanted a way to play with a bunch of the units but there were a lot we couldn't find or were too expensive to easily pick up, so I spent a couple evenings finding compatible minis on Reaper and we've just been playing them assuming logical hitzones so that we can use the units and it's been working great. This thread is still going to be super helpful, I think, for people just discovering the project like I did, since it's going to make a lot of the units more easily accessible without necessitating a large miniature collection or outside research to find solid proxies.
I'm really glad you made an account to help this project take off. We are a small but passionate community and each one of us can contribute something unique.
Old September 28th, 2019, 12:02 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@SuperSamyon , it could be done two ways, editing the photo and hitzone out of an official card, or just remaking the card with the X2 card creator. Anyone can use the card creator quite easily. I used to use photoshop to make all types of cards and templates but the X2 Card creator is just easier for pretty much the whole process except for placing images of the figure and hitzone. It could be quite easy if we were to create a thread with all the "Books of" cards were in the same order as original, and VC scape but just with cards without the figure image or hitzone. The OP could then link to each new card photo in the post it is added to. Like I said, we could do it for official heroscape and VC. Let me know if this project is something people would like to do. I think it would be very helpful getting people to play units they usually dont through proxying. Id be fine with helping people put their own hitzones and images on their cards providing they give a picture or a link to the mini.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 28th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Probably the best idea I have ever heard, for Heroscape at least.
Old September 28th, 2019, 07:37 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
@SuperSamyon , it could be done two ways, editing the photo and hitzone out of an official card, or just remaking the card with the X2 card creator. Anyone can use the card creator quite easily. I used to use photoshop to make all types of cards and templates but the X2 Card creator is just easier for pretty much the whole process except for placing images of the figure and hitzone. It could be quite easy if we were to create a thread with all the "Books of" cards were in the same order as original, and VC scape but just with cards without the figure image or hitzone. The OP could then link to each new card photo in the post it is added to. Like I said, we could do it for official heroscape and VC. Let me know if this project is something people would like to do. I think it would be very helpful getting people to play units they usually dont through proxying. Id be fine with helping people put their own hitzones and images on their cards providing they give a picture or a link to the mini.
I think that's a really good idea and judging by the participation in this thread already, a lot of people would for sure use this service.

It also changes the emphasis a little on VC creation for the future since essentially, instead of finding the figure first and creating a power set around him, you could start creating a powerset that's balance and then have a suggestive figure for it with the understanding that other figures may be used in its place once the suggested figure goes out of stock. From a personal standpoint, I'm already doing that for sculps that I really like and want to paint.

I think the custom card creator makes the most sense and since all of the books have the powers written out, someone can just make their own card whenever they want fairly easily. We could also ask if the VC designers could upload a version of the card without the figure or hit box to be used in home games where the rules are more laxed.

I think if you wanted to make it an official project, you could ask people to upload the cards as they create them along with the proxy they used that way it isn't a grind for one or two people. Then within that thread, for the really outstanding proxies, people with photoshop skills can just remake the card so it looks official.

All in all, it's a really fun idea and to your point, makes the VC figures much more accessible especially for casual players.
Old September 28th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I'd be willing to help with this from time to time. I could whip up a blank version of any C3V card in Photoshop in about 5 minutes if all you'd want is to get rid of the figure images, and hitzones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
I think that's a really good idea and judging by the participation in this thread already, a lot of people would for sure use this service.

It also changes the emphasis a little on VC creation for the future since essentially, instead of finding the figure first and creating a power set around him, you could start creating a powerset that's balance and then have a suggestive figure for it with the understanding that other figures may be used in its place once the suggested figure goes out of stock. From a personal standpoint, I'm already doing that for sculps that I really like and want to paint.
Hold up.

When a design is being made, it is made with the figure(s) in mind. You can't just release a design and throw figures at it. You need to have a figure in mind, to make sure the design matches the figure, and that the figure matches the design. There are some designs could work with a lot of figures, but there are a lot more that will not have a figure that matches thematically. You can design whatever you think is neat, and I have a folder full of text files with a lot of designs that I think are neat, But they don't have figures. Many of them probably never will. It isn't reasonable to ask the C3V to produce fully fleshed out designs, that take a lot of effort, just so that we as the community can throw figure suggestions at it until something sticks.

Quote:
I think the custom card creator makes the most sense and since all of the books have the powers written out, someone can just make their own card whenever they want fairly easily. We could also ask if the VC designers could upload a version of the card without the figure or hit box to be used in home games where the rules are more laxed.
I believe that was the reasoning behind this thread in the first place. Make alternate suggestions for people who just want to play with what they can get their hands on at home. No one is against that, and that has always been an option, this is just a thread dedicated towards those alternate suggestions. If people want to make a card, it's pretty simple. Xolti has a card creation app, that can be used to make a blank card for any official general. You just need to throw a picture of the figure into the blank that it makes, and you're good to go.

Quote:
I think if you wanted to make it an official project, you could ask people to upload the cards as they create them along with the proxy they used that way it isn't a grind for one or two people. Then within that thread, for the really outstanding proxies, people with photoshop skills can just remake the card so it looks official.

All in all, it's a really fun idea and to your point, makes the VC figures much more accessible especially for casual players.
Again, that what this thread is to an extent. If enough people want to make it a full project, they can, but this is a repository for all the alternate sculpts, and whatever cards we might decide to make.
Old September 28th, 2019, 09:14 PM

@Leaf_It I agree with you. I was speaking more towards the casual player that uses whatever figure they have available to proxy for the card.

I wasn't suggesting that the C3V take suggestions from the community after they design a figure. What I was suggesting was that eventually when the figure is out of stock and impossible to find, the community can then do what we are doing here. That's already what happens today judging by the work many people in this community have already done in finding alternate figures.

And the last quote you responding to was really directed to Trex when he asked if a new project should be started.
Old September 28th, 2019, 09:37 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
@Leaf_It I agree with you. I was speaking more towards the casual player that uses whatever figure they have available to proxy for the card.

I wasn't suggesting that the C3V take suggestions from the community after they design a figure. What I was suggesting was that eventually when the figure is out of stock and impossible to find, the community can then do what we are doing here. That's already what happens today judging by the work many people in this community have already done in finding alternate figures.

And the last quote you responding to was really directed to Trex when he asked if a new project should be started.
Alright. Sorry if I came off a bit hostile. It seems I somewhat misunderstand what you were saying.
Old September 28th, 2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:

Alright. Sorry if I came off a bit hostile. It seems I somewhat misunderstand what you were saying.
Think nothing of it sir. . It's all good!
Old September 28th, 2019, 10:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

The idea is for people that either cant find the figures for a reasonable price or in my case really dont want to buy additional figures because I have quite enough for the sake of heroscape customs, or want to try them out but want the card to match. This idea is for them. This will allow more people to play some of the designs that they wouldnt otherwise. Quite honestly if the figure they choose is close enough to the one that was the legitimate choice it shouldnt be a problem for tournament directors to except at their tournies. The Hostile attitude about these things is quite a turn off for something that is supposed to be fun to some including myself. Not everyone wants to shuck out big bucks for figures for a custom project.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 28th, 2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The idea is for people that either cant find the figures for a reasonable price or in my case really dont want to buy additional figures because I have quite enough for the sake of heroscape customs, or want to try them out but want the card to match. This idea is for them. This will allow more people to play some of the designs that they wouldnt otherwise. Quite honestly if the figure they choose is close enough to the one that was the legitimate choice it shouldnt be a problem for tournament directors to except at their tournies. The Hostile attitude about these things is quite a turn off for something that is supposed to be fun to some including myself. Not everyone wants to shuck out big bucks for figures for a custom project.
Yes, I understand that. I agree with this idea, and support it. My hostility was towards what I thought Samyon was saying. I thought he was saying that the C3V should create designs without any figure in mind, and that we as a community would then find a figure for that design after it was made. I have nothing against players using proxies, or making cards for said proxies. I even offered help make some of those cards when I have the time.
Old September 28th, 2019, 10:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don’t think anybody actually suggested that, but it’s interesting. In a way. It’s a reminder of what we all do, as designers: unite the mechanics and the theme with the mini. Could we do what we do independently from the minis? Of course not. We don’t start until we have one. But could such a project exist? I don’t have any idea.

Interesting thought, even if nobody actually had it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs