Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old January 11th, 2014, 10:25 AM

RedPower Woo who?
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Well let's see here... The year was 2007 it was a Friday night in a college town of 12,000 people and my best friend from college and I were both seniors with nothing to do. So we went to Walmart to waste some time and low and behold as we were perusing through the gameboard section trying to find something other than a videogame to play we found a Marvel master set. We were perplexed as to how this game could exist and yet we know nothing about it as we were both huge Marvel fans, so we bought it, took it back to the apartment and played it with my other two roommates until early in the morning. We decided to go back to Walmart to purchase another set so that we could make ten custom figures out of the original ten because we didn't know about heroclix figures. I worked on the modding and painting and my roommate worked on the cards and within a couple of days the "first generation" was born, we now had 20 figures to play with and enough markers for four players and the marvelscape snowball began to roll. Our first generation consisted of the Hobgoblin, punisher, bullseye, carnage, apocalypse, iceman, war machine, the thing, collosus, and symbiote spiderman.
Old January 13th, 2014, 11:59 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPower View Post
We were perplexed as to how this game could exist and yet we know nothing about it as we were both huge Marvel fans...
Yeah, the marketing of the game didn't do it any favors. Official Marvelscape would probably have ended along with the regular and D&D flavors, but I think the poor marketing helped contribute to its premature demise.

Welcome to the list!
Old March 25th, 2014, 10:51 PM

sgt.heroscape is surprisingly tart
Talking Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
In the year that I've been on these boards I've heard from a good number of people who've said that Marvelscape was their introduction to Heroscape, but I don't recall a thread attempting to catalog the numbers and identities of all of us who were attracted to 'Scape by the prospect of playing Heroclix on a 3-D map with excellent rules (apologies to any Heroclixers I've offended ).

Anyway, in this discussion about the future of Heroscape the subject of players who were brought in through the Marvel license came up (starting around page 6 of that thread), and I decided to make a thread where we could raise our hands and be counted. So please post in this thread if you decided to try Heroscape because you heard about Marvelscape - I will try and keep this first post updated with a list of everyone who does so. Here goes...

52 Heroscapers who were hooked through Marvelscape

80's Freak
artemiscorso
Atombob1
Balantai
belgarath
Bill Sykes
blooded scion
boodog
brandonwiker
CHAZ!
clonedpoop
Crypto-Knight
DarkJawa
ellak96
EternalThanos86
fomox
Frostvii
Garada
generalgina
Gojira
Gunnbjorn
heroscaper2010
Heroscaper Guy
ibechief
Jdet
jschild
LarryKruger
lefton4ya
Lord Pyre
lwayman
Mars1912
Matt Helm
Name653
Nikmis
phnx911
Plordigian
RedPower
ROM
saywhat
shelbass
Sherman Davies
The Silver Surfer
sinerG
Skwib
Snoop Greyjoy
Strange Love
stubobj
Super Bogue
UnluckyNumber
Vanilla Thunder
vikinglad
Wolvie
make that 53 i got hooked through marvelscape its awsome
Old March 25th, 2014, 11:47 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the list, sgt.heroscape!

Just some friendly advice - this is a great site and part of what makes it great is that we all try to write clearly, part of which means using proper punctuation and capitalization.
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:35 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

You can add my girlfriend to the list of players hooked by MarvelScape. I figured that Marvel would be the easiest way to get her to play since she knew the figures and it was. It also didn't help [her NOT become addicted] by crushing me with the Heroes (minus Hulk) in the Basic game.

Just this past Sunday we played our first Master Classic game and she beat my WoA, Greenscales, and Charos with her Marrden Hounds (she didn't even have to use her Warriors, and SBN only slaughtered Charos). She trash talked me the whole time.
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:46 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Well, I don't know how I have managed to pass over this thread so many times, heroscaper2010's necro is what caused me to finally remember to come and post in here. Add me to the list, it was early late 2013 and I was looking online for a Marvel themed board game as I was really hooked on Marvel at the time, I found Marvel Heroscape. I couldn't find it on any retail stores, so I went to eBay and searched for it, I found one that was in decent shape and so I bought it. My brother played it with me and I was hooked. Turns out to be the worst thing I could ever do to my wallet.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old January 18th, 2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
You can add my girlfriend to the list of players hooked by MarvelScape. I figured that Marvel would be the easiest way to get her to play since she knew the figures and it was. It also didn't help [her NOT become addicted] by crushing me with the Heroes (minus Hulk) in the Basic game.

Just this past Sunday we played our first Master Classic game and she beat my WoA, Greenscales, and Charos with her Marrden Hounds (she didn't even have to use her Warriors, and SBN only slaughtered Charos). She trash talked me the whole time.
Great, I'll list her as "Ms. heroscaper2010."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Well, I don't know how I have managed to pass over this thread so many times, heroscaper2010's necro is what caused me to finally remember to come and post in here. Add me to the list, it was early late 2013 and I was looking online for a Marvel themed board game as I was really hooked on Marvel at the time, I found Marvel Heroscape. I couldn't find it on any retail stores, so I went to eBay and searched for it, I found one that was in decent shape and so I bought it. My brother played it with me and I was hooked. Turns out to be the worst thing I could ever do to my wallet.
Yeah, I think that sentiment comes up a bunch in this thread. There used to be a thread here about how much money 'Scapers spent on this game, but I think the thread died out when the numbers started to get embarassing.
Old January 18th, 2017, 10:37 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

Great, I'll list her as "Ms. heroscaper2010."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Yeah, I think that sentiment comes up a bunch in this thread. There used to be a thread here about how much money 'Scapers spent on this game, but I think the thread died out when the numbers started to get embarassing.
Yeah, I also prefer not to talk about it. I probably said it before here, but I got hooked on scape through Marvel Sets on sale at a shopko and I swore my younger brothers would love it. In the beginning it wasn't for me, it was for them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 18th, 2017, 10:58 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I think those hooked on Heroclix probably spend way more on average than a Heroscape player. Being blind packs, people will buy CASES at a time just to get one figure with the desired clix base, and/or "catch-em-all" - whereas C3G players can buy the cheapest/most common clix used and spend less than 10% of the cost. Even at current prices, one could spend $1000 and get a great (maybe not 100% complete) collection of Heroscape that could last infinite games, whereas other miniatures (Warhammer/Hordes, Heroclix, various Revolutionary/Civil/World War 15 mm scale games, etc) $1000 would not even scratch the surface and would maybe get you two armies. Yes it is a lot, but comparatively not that much. And don't even get us started on CCG such as Magic or Pokemon, where even a 13 year old will have blown more than most of us spent on Heroscape if you add it up.

P.S. To get people hooked on Magic:Arena, I threw in Marvel figures to the armies and many people seem to be more enthusiastic.
Old January 18th, 2017, 01:26 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Then, of course, there's players like me where Marvelscape wasn't necessarily the thing that hooked us on this game, but definitely added to the appeal. Integrating popular franchises seems like such an easy formula for success. Still baffles me this game didn't grow into a common household game. But I'm also on the long list of those that didn't find out about Heroscape until after its demise. Shows you how terrible the product was handled. And dang.. to think of the money I would have shelled out back in the day for it, considering the amount of money I've dropped on ebay and continue to drop on customs now. It's the only game in my sizable collection that is worthy of such loose spending habits. No regrets in that regard.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion