Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 29th, 2015, 05:22 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Book of Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) (Desgin Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I really love this design, and the character totally deserves to be made.

A couple thoughts:
1) The Glyph option absolutely needs a range on it; as-is it's broken against certain figures. Also, it should use the "destroy" wording that Superboy (Kal-El) and Arnim Zola use.
2) I worry that Firestorm Matrix will just be kind of bland right now against most armies (if there aren't any glyphs, androids, or DOs, it's just a healing power). I know he can't normally use his powers on organic matter, but couldn't he find other ways of using it to attack? I mean, couldn't he transform the ground below them to fire or change the air above them into something that would fall on them? I think it would really help make him more useful if he had a fourth option that allowed him to wound other figures.
I will pull up some of my ideas back when I had an auto wound power added in the matrix before the glyph idea was sprung...I dropped it after talking with Spidey for the organic aspect but your logic does pull the theme back in. I originally wanted to have a terrain aspect where I could turn one type into another to cancel out terrain boost heroes but the whole "transform the ground below them to fire" aka Lava broke the figure.

I can post the summary of our terrain discussions and maybe we can find a way to work it back in or just go with the auto wound idea.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 29th, 2015, 05:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Thanks for the info Johnny!

I was looking at Grish cards the other day and really appreciated the way he incorporates a figures weakness, I think it is one thing C3G has not represented all that well and I'd like to make some effort to change that in future designs.

With Martian Manhunter having the Fire Weakness power and it looks like the Firestorm Matrix has some kind of anti-Android aspects to it, Firestorm should be a natural counter draft to him. I'd like to work somewhere into the Firestorm design a power that lets him do extra damage to figures with the Fire Weakness special power. Or maybe have any figures with the Fire Weakness special power adj. to Firestorm takes a wound.
Honestly YK the fire thing is more from the Flash show and he's more manipulating atoms and changing things into other things.
Actually, until recently, the fire on his body didn't even do anything, and was just for show, he could still project energy, but his personal flames were harmless. (I believe when he was reborn during the Brightest Day was when the switch was made to real fire.)

And there are enough instances in the comics of the two entities of the firestorm matrix not getting along to warrant a power to reflect that (although 1-6 is pretty high). I also think that some sort of power is needed to depict the dual personality, so what is there is fine. I was thinking it would be interesting if you would not be able to use one of the two classes/Identities if you roll low enough, depicting them not working together.

Firestorm Matrix is very cool as it is, although I think it is hard to get the full theme out of a guy who can conjure bubble gum from the air to catch people falling from the air.

One concern, you have his two Classes as Crimefighter, and Scientist, meaning he fits well into two, already very powerful factions. Not a huge concern by itself, but those two factions happen to be the Fantastic Four (+some other stuff) and Luke Cage's Avengers, both Marvel teams. One of the two would be fine, but two makes him feel like he's never going to be worth drafting in a thematic army. Just my opinion
One suggestion was for the Ronnie side to be a Lazy Student which I liked ... Maybe Lazy Student and Brilliant Professor...The problem is that the Marvel teams have the synergies and other than the Titans and Vigilante there are not many key word synergies in DC yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I played Ubu today with his Lazarus Pit glyph and was wondering if the glyph-destroying should be on all glyphs or just equipment glyphs.
It's an idea that has been thought of. I need to do an inventory of Glyphs and see what would and would not be affected.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 29th, 2015, 05:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

japes, I suggest checking out what a few of us have been discussing/brainstorming in the Public Design thread about a Justice League synergy. If you're interested, we have a few classes and personalities that would benefit from the synergy if it comes to fruition, and Firestorm could fit into that.

Champion, Warrior, and Strategist have been discussed for classes. Valiant, Determined, Brilliant, Benevolent, Daring, and Disciplined for personalities have been discussed.

Not sure if any of those apply to Firestorm, but I figured I'd just make it aware that we're trying to put together a potential DC JLA synergy.
Old June 29th, 2015, 05:35 PM
A Man of Taste

FIRESTORM MATRIX 4
Instead of taking a turn with Firestorm, you may roll 4 combat dice. For each shield rolled, choose one of the following:
- Remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
- Choose a figure with the species of Android or Artificial Intelligence or a Destructible Object within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm and place or remove a Wound Marker on that card.
- Choose a figure and remove a glyph from the chosen figures army card.

Also we could do this

FIRESTORM MATRIX 4
Instead of taking a turn with Firestorm, you may roll 4 combat dice. If you roll a shield, choose one of the following:
- Remove 1 Wound Marker from this card for each shield rolled.
- Choose a figure with the species of Android or Artificial Intelligence or a Destructible Object within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm and place or remove a Wound Marker on that card for each shield rolled.
- Choose a figure and destroy 1 glyph on the chosen figure's card (based off of Superboy)

This way no matter how many shields you roll it is still only one Glyph.

Also I probably need to remove the "remove a wound" aspect from the second part since it is for all figures and he can't really heal organics.

Old June 29th, 2015, 05:44 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
japes, I suggest checking out what a few of us have been discussing/brainstorming in the Public Design thread about a Justice League synergy. If you're interested, we have a few classes and personalities that would benefit from the synergy if it comes to fruition, and Firestorm could fit into that.

Champion, Warrior, and Strategist have been discussed for classes. Valiant, Determined, Brilliant, Benevolent, Daring, and Disciplined for personalities have been discussed.

Not sure if any of those apply to Firestorm, but I figured I'd just make it aware that we're trying to put together a potential DC JLA synergy.
Brilliant is in there already for the Stein side of it. Daring may also be an option for Ronnie

Old June 30th, 2015, 09:17 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
FIRESTORM MATRIX 4
Instead of taking a turn with Firestorm, you may roll 4 combat dice. For each shield rolled, choose one of the following:
- Remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
- Choose a figure with the species of Android or Artificial Intelligence or a Destructible Object within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm and place or remove a Wound Marker on that card.
- Choose a figure and remove a glyph from the chosen figures army card.

Also we could do this

FIRESTORM MATRIX 4
Instead of taking a turn with Firestorm, you may roll 4 combat dice. If you roll a shield, choose one of the following:
- Remove 1 Wound Marker from this card for each shield rolled.
- Choose a figure with the species of Android or Artificial Intelligence or a Destructible Object within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm and place or remove a Wound Marker on that card for each shield rolled.
- Choose a figure and destroy 1 glyph on the chosen figure's card (based off of Superboy)

This way no matter how many shields you roll it is still only one Glyph.

Also I probably need to remove the "remove a wound" aspect from the second part since it is for all figures and he can't really heal organics.
Any opinions here or has the Justice League discussion distracted everyone?

Old June 30th, 2015, 09:25 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Lol, I see some aren't fond of the JLA/brainstorming session we had.

I'd go with the 2nd version, but that's just my opinion, whatever that's worth.
Old June 30th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It seems awfully powerful to me. How many points are you wanting him at?

Also, the glyph destroying still needs a range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 30th, 2015, 10:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, range limit on the glyph destruction. I liked the idea of needing 2 shields to destroy a glyph better then just requiring you use all the shields rolled. Since the glyph destruction is automatic, and could be pretty powerful depending on the glyph destroyed, a 2 shield's rolled on 4 dice requirement makes it is a little harder to pull off. However, I'd then let him destroy any type of glyph on the board or on a figures card.
Old June 30th, 2015, 10:53 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Lol, I see some aren't fond of the JLA/brainstorming session we had.

I'd go with the 2nd version, but that's just my opinion, whatever that's worth.
Oh I am interested...and have been following along quite closely. I'm more of a DC guy myself. It just got awfully lonely in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It seems awfully powerful to me. How many points are you wanting him at?

Also, the glyph destroying still needs a range.
Bats and Spidey seem to think he should be in the 300-350 range from what I remember from the initial brainstorming and Spidey is pretty much my go to for comic knowledge.

As far as the range I agree and I thought I had added that. I'll go back.

Old June 30th, 2015, 11:00 PM
A Man of Taste

What about something like this...

FIRESTORM MATRIX 4
Instead of taking a turn with Firestorm, you may roll 4 combat dice and choose one of the following:
- For each shield rolled, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
- For each shield rolled, choose a figure or a Destructible Object within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm and place 1 Wound Marker on that card.
- If two or more shields are rolled, choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm and destroy 1 glyph on the chosen figure's card

Old June 30th, 2015, 11:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Is there a specific reason why you don't want him to destroy the Cosmic Cube once it has been dropped or lost after taking a wound?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library