Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old November 1st, 2012, 02:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Boards of Online Heroscape

Personally, I would like the visual reference in the 3D figure libraries to include the inscribed raised hex areas... so I would resize the figures a little smaller, or the maps a little larger. But that's just my personal preference.
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:08 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

YEA to slightly larger maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post

So tell me, oh online-TDs: do you want the boards here resized with the Hive as the benchmark, leaving all figures a bit larger than in real life, assuming that was your intention?
That being said, the hive probably needs to be resized accordingly in order to make a good benchmark sculpt.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; November 1st, 2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: I also like slightly larger maps, or smaller figures, rather than oversized figures.
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:08 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
YEA to slightly larger maps.

Quote:

So tell me, oh online-TDs: do you want the boards here resized with the Hive as the benchmark, leaving all figures a bit larger than in real life, assuming that was your intention?
That being said, the hive probably needs to be resized accordingly in order to make a good benchmark sculpt.
Yes, the hive is a bit off. Looking back, the template that I used for sizing the figures was not a very good one, but it would be very painful to go back. Fixing the hive, and any non-normal based figures that need it, is what will need to happen.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; November 1st, 2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Eventually.
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:42 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Looking back, the template that I used for sizing the figures was not a very good one, but it would be very painful to go back. Fixing the hive, and any non-normal based figures that need it, is what will need to happen.
Just make a new template that includes raised hex outlines, but make that raised hex portion be the same size as the hexes from the old template. Then there's minimal resizing to do, and the template can be used to properly size maps, as well.
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Looking back, the template that I used for sizing the figures was not a very good one, but it would be very painful to go back. Fixing the hive, and any non-normal based figures that need it, is what will need to happen.
Just make a new template that includes raised hex outlines, but make that raised hex portion be the same size as the hexes from the old template. Then there's minimal resizing to do, and the template can be used to properly size maps, as well.
I'm on it. This time, I'm going to compare figures and hexes to get some closer proportions. Stay tuned.

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
I'm on it. This time, I'm going to compare figures and hexes to get some closer proportions. Stay tuned.
Sounds great guys.

The Hive with its six hexes would always be a more accurate benchmark for sizing maps than a template with only two, so I'd prefer to use the former. As long as they're accurately scaled to each other, though, it shouldn't be a problem.

As soon as the Hive is finessed to whatever size it should be to serve as a yardstick, let me know, and I'll resize these boards accordingly.
Old November 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM

Take a look here.
The proportions on the different bases are about as close as we're going to get. The empty space in new template is the same size as the raised area of a hex, and the thick black lines are very close to the space between hexes. Re-sizing info in the spoiler.
Spoiler Alert!
Do you think the Hive in that doc is sized correctly? If so, I will copy it into the Utgar template, and you can use it to re-size the maps.

Old November 1st, 2012, 06:32 PM

Everything AU said seems to check out. I think we have a good standard, now.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:45 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Take a look here.
The proportions on the different bases are about as close as we're going to get. The empty space in new template is the same size as the raised area of a hex, and the thick black lines are very close to the space between hexes. Re-sizing info in the spoiler.
Spoiler Alert!
Do you think the Hive in that doc is sized correctly? If so, I will copy it into the Utgar template, and you can use it to re-size the maps.
As dok said, everything looks great. Reads great too.

I'll take the Hive from the test doc, and start re-sizing the maps now. Please do copy him into the Utgar template. (The one already there is indeed larger.)

Last edited by Typhon2222; November 2nd, 2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:09 AM

All boards resized!

I'd be grateful if you guys could double-check a couple. Maybe just copy a few figures of different bases over, and confirm that they fit as you envision.

The Hive works beautifully as a benchmark.

Among other things, it also does a good job of revealing when a map has been inadvertently stretched along one axis or another. Turned out that the map for Sirocco had been stretched horizontally. Returning it to its proper proportions gained us some space on the board.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Please do copy him into the Utgar template. (The one already there is indeed larger.)
Hmm, that's odd. I have no idea how the Hive in the Utgar template got bigger, but it's fixed now.

I'll probably get some more boards in here later today.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Please do copy him into the Utgar template. (The one already there is indeed larger.)
Hmm, that's odd. I have no idea how the Hive in the Utgar template got bigger, but it's fixed now.

I'll probably get some more boards in here later today.
Oh hooray.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events