Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 4th, 2023, 11:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Binge watching some of the many episodes of Expedition Unknown and Josh Gates Tonight on Discovery Channel On Demand. Lots of fun, as he travels the world looking into both real and mythological mysteries.
Old July 4th, 2023, 10:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I watched all 10 episodes of Strange New Worlds last month while it was free on YouTube. Great series!

Last edited by Taeblewalker; July 7th, 2023 at 01:16 AM.
Old July 5th, 2023, 12:07 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Glad you caught it. I enjoyed Season 1 too, and also saw Season 2 Episode 1 free on youtube last month as well, but it seems to be gone now.
Old July 6th, 2023, 11:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I just watched Young Guns 2.

Old July 7th, 2023, 12:17 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I just watched Young Guns 2.

Good movie!
Old July 7th, 2023, 01:23 AM

I saw both Young Guns flics recently. I was surprised to find how generally historical they were, when I did some research on youtube.

In the Old West, people changed sides from lawmen to outlaw frequently. Just like some English pirates started out as officers in the Royal Navy!
Old March 1st, 2024, 09:42 AM

Watching the new Shogun series on FX. Its so beautiful that I often can't tell whether exterior or even some interior scenes are shot on location, which look just like places I've visited in Japan, sets, or computer simulations! Its on late at 10 PM, and each episode is about 1 1/2 hours long.

Most reviews have been favorable, although The New Yorker I'd say only gave it a 'B' in a longer than usual review. Personally I don't think it holds a candle to the much longer old Richard Chamberlain series, for which I still have the DVD set. But I can see it for free, so what the heck. The writing and scenes chosen are very different from either the book or the old show, so I look at it as 'extra scenes.'

My On Demand service allows me to watch it earlier, but its only available for three days after broadcast, after which it will be streamed.

I have a biography of William Adams, the historical Anjin-San, and the model for the main character of the Clavell novel (which is amazing), who was a fascinating person. One of his houses is still up in Japan, where it serves as a candy store!
Old March 1st, 2024, 02:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Watching the new Shogun series on FX. Its so beautiful that I often can't tell whether exterior or even some interior scenes are shot on location, which look just like places I've visited in Japan, sets, or computer simulations! Its on late at 10 PM, and each episode is about 1 1/2 hours long.

Most reviews have been favorable, although The New Yorker I'd say only gave it a 'B' in a longer than usual review. Personally I don't think it holds a candle to the much longer old Richard Chamberlain series, for which I still have the DVD set. But I can see it for free, so what the heck. The writing and scenes chosen are very different from either the book or the old show, so I look at it as 'extra scenes.'

My On Demand service allows me to watch it earlier, but its only available for three days after broadcast, after which it will be streamed.

I have a biography of William Adams, the historical Anjin-San, and the model for the main character of the Clavell novel (which is amazing), who was a fascinating person. One of his houses is still up in Japan, where it serves as a candy store!

I enjoyed the first two episodes of Shogun and would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the subject matter. Lots of political intrigue going on and some interesting historical notes. I also have the old mini-series on DVD, but it's been a while since I watched it. I might need to watch it again once this current one wraps up, just to see how different they were.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 02:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

I enjoyed the first two episodes of Shogun and would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the subject matter. Lots of political intrigue going on and some interesting historical notes. I also have the old mini-series on DVD, but it's been a while since I watched it. I might need to watch it again once this current one wraps up, just to see how different they were.
I am enjoying this show as well. I believe I saw the one with Richard Chamberlain when it first came out, but that was quite awhile ago and I don't remember any of it.

I really like the lead actor, Hiroyuki Sanada, as I've seen him in several other shows and movies.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 3rd, 2024, 02:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Woah, Hahma post.
Good to see you!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 3rd, 2024, 03:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

A series that I really enjoyed recently is called The Defeated.

It's set in 1946 Berlin. The city is a mess with destruction and chaos. Split up into 4 sectors, US, Russian, British and French. But the story mostly takes place in the US and Russian sectors.

Centered around a makeshift police force in one district of the US sector. This police force is primarily made up of women, older men and a Jewish male teen. They can't use guns, so they carry clubs made out of table legs.

A police detective from Brooklyn is sent via state department to oversee that police department and get them in the right direction. He's also there for a personal reason, to find his brother who went AWOL. His brother has some psychological issues.

The Russians are always trying to undermine the US sector.

There is also a German crime boss referred to as the Angel Maker. He helps women and then basically they become part of his army of criminals.

I really enjoyed the series and my sister is enjoying it as well so far. Fair warning, it is a very dark series. There are multiple storilines going and you find characters getting into situations that cross the lines but they are in a grey area where you can understand why they do what they do.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 3rd, 2024, 08:18 PM

Hahma,

Did you say...Brooklyn?

Chas, from Brooklyn

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV