Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Would you play or allow this custom?
Yes 17 94.44%
No-Underpowered 0 0%
No-Overpowered 0 0%
No-Other Reason 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 20th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Barracks Voting: Aria. Voting Started. Voting Closed.

Here is allskulls' Aria:

Feel free to discuss this custom. Voting has begun.

smallboxgames.com
Old September 20th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Thanks again to Rhydderch for the nomination.

I know one thing I will be changing is that awful picture (pulled it from the Wizkids site). I will take a new pic soon.

FYI- Aria has seen the battlefield twice so far but I have yet to use her personally. I will make sure she is in my army next game I play.
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Interesting card. Well thought out. Adds something to the game without making waves.
Old September 20th, 2006, 02:41 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I like this low priced hero - main problem with low priced figures is that placing an order marker on them usually isn't the most efficient choice one can make, but this figure goes beyond addressing that by introducing a neat game mechanic.

After 3 rounds, player has the potential (assuming rest of army is still around ) of total flexibility, risk is having Aria destroyed. I would vote yes as is, but look forward to further discussion.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 20th, 2006, 05:59 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What a cool card! I like the message abilities she has, especially the Send Message ability! Would make a great addition to an army!
Old September 20th, 2006, 07:26 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
damn... I can't come up with a good criticism..

c'mon guys, surely there is something we don't like about the card!
Old September 20th, 2006, 08:08 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
criticism - the name "Aria" is WAY too evocative of another "unique hero".

If you know who I mean and I think you do...
Old September 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like her. Handy as hell. Adds flexibility without breaking the game. Gets a yes from me.
Old September 20th, 2006, 08:24 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Imax, it seems like you don't understand the generation and depletion of message markers. If she has 3 message markers, and you use them all up, you'll only have one going into next round.

I think your criticism is valid. I think that fear was lurking deep in my mind, but I couldn't put words to it. There are 2 paths that I see, assuming she is underpriced.

path 1: lower the cap of message markers from 3 to 2, or even 1.

path 2: Increase her cost. with the markers, maybe increase cost to 75 points (this puts her in line with our favorite back line buffer, Khosumet)

Of course, you can mix and match path one and two.

I'm very curious to see how this card compares to Ornak the Utgar Flag Bearer. He's rumored to have a sort of general bonding as well (bonds with any 2 heroes that follow utgar)

edit: Imax's post disapeared and came back different. its like this post was in response to an alternate past.
Old September 20th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Thanks for the props, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
criticism - the name "Aria" is WAY too evocative of another "unique hero".

If you know who I mean and I think you do...
?

I was really at a loss for a name and settled with Aria because I was thinking of air mail (and I have a niece named Arian)
Don't mind suggestion on a new name...really.

Cornpuff- Lowering the cap of message markers could work out alright but I really wanted the possibility of having 3 for total control for a round. She is still easy to kill and if she dies while she is full of turn markers then you are sunk. Her points seem right from the couple of games played but I will give her a go again soon. One game she did not get to use any messages and another she used 2 in 1 round and 1 in another then the battle was too close for comfort.
Old September 20th, 2006, 09:37 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
allskulls - pssst - google image aria giovanni.....
Aeris, the Falconer?
Old September 20th, 2006, 09:51 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Although I have not playtested Aria I do not think she is underpriced. Her ability provides added flexibility but is limited by the number of Message Markers she has. Everytime you use her ability you'll have to wait for the messages to replenish. Although you do get added flexibility I do not think it makes her too powerful: 50 points is substantial and she is fairly weak stat-wise.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards