Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old June 29th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom Unique Hero Contest by Taeblewalker!

I just received something I hoped would come in the mail. I am now adding a Ticalla Jungle set to the prize list.

Woot!

Old June 29th, 2008, 07:09 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I just received something I hoped would come in the mail. I am now adding a Ticalla Jungle set to the prize list.

Woot!
...I call that...even if I come in last...<uncomfortable stare>
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:35 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
That figure is AMAZING!!
Did you mean me? If so, thank you!

Quote:
Ok. Nice concept; now here are my thoughts.
1) Impaled Heart is clearly original, though what happens if the original owner is out of the game (in a multiplayer game)?
Good point. Maybe I'll say that when Vlad dies, the "impaled" card dies too.

Quote:
2) Is the Brimstone Steed attack modifiable? It's not listed as a special attack, so I suppose it is a normal attack. It does read almost like a special attack, though. I would restate it as "roll two attack dice for an extra normal attack," or something less clunky, to avoid confusion. You might even just have the unit attack a second time, or give the steed a different power, like a D20 roll to inflict a wound on adjacent foes due to the fire it sheds, not unlike Marro Plague or Toxic Skin. This can even be a special attack like Explosion that affects all adjacent figures (quite a punch since he is double-spaced). However, feel free to keep the original concept - just please clear up the potential clarity issue that it is not a special attack.
I like the idea of making it more like the Toxic Skin attack.

Quote:
3) As written, he seems somewhat underpriced.
What would you suggest price-wise? I had him at 120, but then I looked at the Cyprien card and thought "For 30 more points you could get one life, the ability to heal wounds, stealth flying, and a badass special attack". (Maybe Cyprien is underpriced. I haven't played him.)

Quote:
All that said, the unit is rather impressive.
Thanks and thank you for the feeback. I'll adjust the card before the deadline.
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:35 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?

ok, made a few changes and I think it's good from here. What do yall think?

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:42 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
That figure is AMAZING!!
Did you mean me? If so, thank you!

Quote:
Ok. Nice concept; now here are my thoughts.
1) Impaled Heart is clearly original, though what happens if the original owner is out of the game (in a multiplayer game)?
Good point. Maybe I'll say that when Vlad dies, the "impaled" card dies too.

Quote:
2) Is the Brimstone Steed attack modifiable? It's not listed as a special attack, so I suppose it is a normal attack. It does read almost like a special attack, though. I would restate it as "roll two attack dice for an extra normal attack," or something less clunky, to avoid confusion. You might even just have the unit attack a second time, or give the steed a different power, like a D20 roll to inflict a wound on adjacent foes due to the fire it sheds, not unlike Marro Plague or Toxic Skin. This can even be a special attack like Explosion that affects all adjacent figures (quite a punch since he is double-spaced). However, feel free to keep the original concept - just please clear up the potential clarity issue that it is not a special attack.
I like the idea of making it more like the Toxic Skin attack.

Quote:
3) As written, he seems somewhat underpriced.
What would you suggest price-wise? I had him at 120, but then I looked at the Cyprien card and thought "For 30 more points you could get one life, the ability to heal wounds, stealth flying, and a badass special attack". (Maybe Cyprien is underpriced. I haven't played him.)

Quote:
All that said, the unit is rather impressive.
Thanks and thank you for the feeback. I'll adjust the card before the deadline.
120 sounds pretty good. I'll have the other judges look at it soon, since it's hard to say with such a complex unit.

Old June 29th, 2008, 08:54 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
You do not need line of sight when attack adjacent figures, so Aun'Va is not invincible.
I was thinking the same thing but now I of course have a question regarding being adjacent to a zombies head....arrrghhhh.

PS Mossman...I love your figure...great mod!!!
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by player_of_football View Post

My sole criticism is that you should include jungle trees as well (Jungle Spaces). After all, the jungle trees have brush at their bases.

Old June 29th, 2008, 09:05 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by player_of_football View Post

My sole criticism is that you should include jungle trees as well (Jungle Spaces). After all, the jungle trees have brush at their bases.
crap, I thought I put that in there...ok almost done then

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
How about ...

Wouldn't it be awesome to put a bunch of these guys on the old Electric Football bases and play Scaperbowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post

PS Mossman...I love your figure...great mod!!!
Thanks! It doesn't show in the pic, but he has a shield on his left arm instead of holding a sword. All in all he came out pretty good.
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Do I have to own the figure or can I use a picture of a figure off the web. It would be from reaper minitures. It fits the exact look I am going for.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
Do I have to own the figure or can I use a picture of a figure off the web. It would be from reaper minitures. It fits the exact look I am going for.
You can use any figure image you want.
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, thanks.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games