Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old November 19th, 2014, 11:57 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post

Ullar Bros!
Ulglinesh - 150
Jorhdawn - 100
Chardris - 90
Arkmer - 50
Emiroon - 80
Kylenta Gywn - 20
Isamu - 10
Dund 110
Atlaga 90
Ninjas of the Northern Wind 110
Airbourne Elite 110
Kelda 80

500/11 spaces
Dund to knock order markers off Ulginesh, and I wanted to use Dund. Everyone else except Kelda, goes full on assassinate Ulginesh mode. Once that's done, the elves go down like a house of cards. Kelda just because Raelin didn't feel right for this.

Nerak-50
Me-Burq-Sa-50
Deathchaers x6-330
Zettians-70

Total: 500/24 hexes

Dund would be a problem unless I incorporated the Zettians at the same time Dund was brought out. It would still be a problem, I would just be trying to do damage control. Hopefully with Orc battle rush I could spread out he deathchasers so that a round one drop with grenades wouldn't be too disastrous. Your army is full of assassins, but I don't have a big time threatening hero in my army.
Old November 19th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post

Nerak-50
Me-Burq-Sa-50
Deathchaers x6-330
Zettians-70

Marro Drones x7 350
Cyprien 150
500/22 spaces

Fear the drone onslaught! Cypie cup cleans up when they're done if necessary.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old November 19th, 2014, 06:06 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Nerak-50
Me-Burq-Sa-50
Deathchaers x6-330
Zettians-70

Marro Drones x7 350
Cyprien 150
500/22 spaces

Zelrig - 185
Greenscale Warriors x 5 - 300
Marcu - 20

I've got Zelrig. Against Drones. 'Nuff said.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 19th, 2014, 08:58 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nerak-50
Me-Burq-Sa-50
Deathchaers x6-330
Zettians-70

Marro Drones x7 350
Cyprien 150
500/22 spaces

Zelrig - 185
Marcu - 20

Zelrig-185
Nilfhiem-185
Kaemon Awa-120
Isamu-10

Zelrig is good against your horde of greenscales. Nilfhiem can lay down some pain and kill Zelrig. Kaemon cleans up. Isamu sits in startzone doing a crossword.
Old November 19th, 2014, 09:16 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nerak-50
Me-Burq-Sa-50
Deathchaers x6-330
Zettians-70

Marro Drones x7 350
Cyprien 150
500/22 spaces

Zelrig - 185
Marcu - 20

Zelrig-185
Nilfhiem-185
Kaemon Awa-120
Isamu-10

Zelrig is good against your horde of greenscales. Nilfhiem can lay down some pain and kill Zelrig. Kaemon cleans up. Isamu sits in startzone doing a crossword.
Sir Denrick - 100
X5 Knights Of Weston
Theracus - 40
Isamu - 10

Denrick takes down Nilf and Zel, Knights tie everyone down, Theracus provides transport, and Isamu does a jigsaw puzzle in the start zone.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 20th, 2014, 09:44 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Zelrig-185
Nilfhiem-185
Kaemon Awa-120
Isamu-10

Sir Denrick - 100
X5 Knights Of Weston
Theracus - 40
Isamu - 10

Denrick takes down Nilf and Zel, Knights tie everyone down, Theracus provides transport, and Isamu does a jigsaw puzzle in the start zone.
Slow-moving Knights need Sir Gilbert to keep up with fast flyers like Zelrig and Nilf. You'll likely only be able to tie down one of mtl1998's dragons, and you'll need to spend at least an OM or two on Theracus if you're wanting to get Denrick close to a target.

I personally think that, barring horrible rolls on Majestic Flames, Zelrig would own this match almost solo. I dunno, maybe a combination of flat-out numbers advantage and leaving-engagement attacks will win this for you. Sorry for the critique; my intent is to be constructive.

Now, to counter your army!

Warforged Soldiers x4 320
Marcus Decimus Gallus 420
Raelin (RotV) 500 / 14 spaces

Given that these are both all-melee armies, my move-enhanced Warforged can easily choose the battleground, and in any situation in which you've secured height, they'll just use Tactical Switch. My greater mobility should allow a turn or two to move Raelin around, and her aura will make the Warforged pretty darned hard to bring down - that's 5 defense on height plus an automatic shield!

The higher defense should help mitigate your greater numbers, but your five figure activations per turn does have me a bit concerned. I'm counting on taking out a few figures while you're trying to get rid of Raelin. So long as she's alive, my army is pretty tough for yours to bring down.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 23rd, 2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Zelrig-185
Nilfhiem-185
Kaemon Awa-120
Isamu-10

Sir Denrick - 100
X5 Knights Of Weston
Theracus - 40
Isamu - 10

Slow-moving Knights need Sir Gilbert to keep up with fast flyers like Zelrig and Nilf. You'll likely only be able to tie down one of mtl1998's dragons, and you'll need to spend at least an OM or two on Theracus if you're wanting to get Denrick close to a target.

I personally think that, barring horrible rolls on Majestic Flames, Zelrig would own this match almost solo. I dunno, maybe a combination of flat-out numbers advantage and leaving-engagement attacks will win this for you. Sorry for the critique; my intent is to be constructive.

Given that these are both all-melee armies, my move-enhanced Warforged can easily choose the battleground, and in any situation in which you've secured height, they'll just use Tactical Switch. My greater mobility should allow a turn or two to move Raelin around, and her aura will make the Warforged pretty darned hard to bring down - that's 5 defense on height plus an automatic shield!

The higher defense should help mitigate your greater numbers, but your five figure activations per turn does have me a bit concerned. I'm counting on taking out a few figures while you're trying to get rid of Raelin. So long as she's alive, my army is pretty tough for yours to bring down.
Cyprien-150
Braxas-210
Theracus-40
Syvarris-100

Syvarris is very good at taking out anyone in your army with height. Theracus helps him get that height. Braxas is great against Warforged, and Raelins aura is useless against acid breath. Cyprien can be used to try and assassinate either hero early on or can clean up whatever is left in the end game.
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Zelrig-185
Nilfhiem-185
Kaemon Awa-120
Isamu-10

Sir Denrick - 100
X5 Knights Of Weston
Theracus - 40
Isamu - 10

Cyprien-150
Braxas-210
Theracus-40
Syvarris-100

Syvarris is very good at taking out anyone in your army with height. Theracus helps him get that height. Braxas is great against Warforged, and Raelins aura is useless against acid breath. Cyprien can be used to try and assassinate either hero early on or can clean up whatever is left in the end game.
Thus, The Marro Horde!

Marro Stingers x3 - 180
Marro Hive - 160
Su-Bak-Na - 160

Total: 500/17 spaces

Stingers take out Braxas/Cyprien, Hive for Rebirth. Na takes Syv down from his perch or Cyps.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Zelrig-185
Nilfhiem-185
Kaemon Awa-120
Isamu-10

Sir Denrick - 100
X5 Knights Of Weston
Theracus - 40
Isamu - 10

Cyprien-150
Braxas-210
Theracus-40
Syvarris-100

Thus, The Marro Horde!

Marro Stingers x3 - 180
Marro Hive - 160
Su-Bak-Na - 160

Stingers take out Braxas/Cyprien, Hive for Rebirth. Na takes Syv down from his perch or Cyps.
Aubriens x3-210
Venocs x4-160
Mittens-120
Isamu-10

Venocs go out early and strike quickly on the stingers with the hive being their main target once they punch a big enough hole through the stingers. Aubriens follow up and do the same, but this time from range. By the end of some frenzies from the elves and vipers all the stingers and hive should be eliminated. I would also expect some in not all wounds to be on Su-Bak-Na. Mittens and Isamu clean up and celebrate on top of all the carnage. I assume Issamu already finished his crossword for the day.
Old November 26th, 2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Zelrig-185
Nilfhiem-185
Kaemon Awa-120
Isamu-10

Sir Denrick - 100
X5 Knights Of Weston
Theracus - 40
Isamu - 10

Cyprien-150
Braxas-210
Theracus-40
Syvarris-100

Thus, The Marro Horde!

Marro Stingers x3 - 180
Marro Hive - 160
Su-Bak-Na - 160

Aubriens x3-210
Venocs x4-160
Mittens-120
Isamu-10

Venocs go out early and strike quickly on the stingers with the hive being their main target once they punch a big enough hole through the stingers. Aubriens follow up and do the same, but this time from range. By the end of some frenzies from the elves and vipers all the stingers and hive should be eliminated. I would also expect some in not all wounds to be on Su-Bak-Na. Mittens and Isamu clean up and celebrate on top of all the carnage. I assume Issamu already finished his crossword for the day.
Greenscales x5 - 300
Zelrig - 185
Isamu - 10

Zelrig goes Elf and Viper hunting, while Greenscales provide a screen. Little Isamu does something for once and attempts to assinate Mittens.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 26th, 2014, 11:17 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wyrm on Dragon

Quote:

Greenscales x5 - 300
Zelrig - 185
Isamu - 10

Zelrig goes Elf and Viper hunting, while Greenscales provide a screen. Little Isamu does something for once and attempts to assinate Mittens.
Vipers love Zelrig but here goes.

Black Wyrm x 5
Red Wyrm x 5
Fen Hydra
Raelin

Wyrms can kill anything that isn't Zelrig easily and Z Bomb doesn't affect them. Hydra WILL kill Zelrig. Raelin makes everything insanely tough to kill. Have fun.

~Dysole, who has played many variants of this army
Old November 26th, 2014, 11:29 PM

Re: Wyrm on Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

Greenscales x5 - 300
Zelrig - 185
Isamu - 10

Vipers love Zelrig but here goes.

Black Wyrm x 5
Red Wyrm x 5
Fen Hydra
Raelin

Wyrms can kill anything that isn't Zelrig easily and Z Bomb doesn't affect them. Hydra WILL kill Zelrig. Raelin makes everything insanely tough to kill. Have fun.

~Dysole, who has played many variants of this army
Wyvern-100
Fyrolags x3-120
Sujoah-185
Major J15-95
Total-500

Wyvern is there to get Raelin out of position. Sujoah would try and poison sting Raelin, but the Hydra is also a tempting target. Spiders would try to fend of the wyrms. Mr. J (not to be confused with the Joker) licks his chops with the option of using its scythe on a hydra.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion